Ball Hydrocarbon Bezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Hydrocarbon Bezel

I currently own a HC Titanium and i wear it everyday but i noticed that the bezel doesn't really absorb enough light energy to glow during the night. Sometimes it doesn't even glow. Anyone has similar issues with me?

Its a common issue for all Hydrocarbon models launched before the Spacemaster. This is due to the rubber insert used. The glow is weak and the duration is very short. There's nothing much u can do about it unless Ball releases a new replacement based on the Spacemaster's design for it.

Originally posted by KisT View Post
    I currently own a HC Titanium and i wear it everyday but i noticed that the bezel doesn't really absorb enough light energy to glow during the night. Sometimes it doesn't even glow. Anyone has similar issues with me?
    sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

ok thanks for the info

Comment

saw a forum about blacking out the bezel. looks really cool!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=256477

Comment

Called bezel service centre today about the lousy performance. They offered to do a FOC cleaning of the rubber ring but mentioned that replacement will be chargeable.

I bought my MC for less than a month but my luminova can only last for 10mins after charge up which is pretty inefficient... I find that from a consumer standpoint it is unfair to me. If I had used the watch for like 1year or so then I think its more justifiedable...

Comment

went to ball service centre today and got my rubber insert of the bezel replaced.

the star trek reception was empty and suddenly this scientist looking guy walk out of this concealed door. somehow i feel like i am in one of the scene of james bond... anyway...i spoke to the watch artisan and he told me a few tips...

try to avoid having the watch in direct contact with spot lights because it will cause the rubber to degenerate faster.

the new spacemaster's luminova is painted. saw it up close but somehow i feel its not very well designed. sort of like a slip shot work to counter the rubber bezel's inefficient performance. the print does not gel with the design of the watch very well imho. but how come the spacemaster is bigger than my MC?

they most probably wont come up with an alternative luminova replacement but may consider a non-glow version for the rubber ring.

i find it pretty weird on how tough the watch can be but it is afraid of spotlight...like an elephant afraid of mouse. in chinese i call 美中不足 (there is still flaw among beauty)

i still like my MC though there is an pretty irritating flaw...just like humans,everyone has their flaws but its how we accept it (sorry for being philosophical, cant help it)

Comment

by the way, before i left, he said see me in 6mth's time...

Comment

Originally posted by KisT View Post
                by the way, before i left, he said see me in 6mth's time...
                Haha...why 6 months time?

Comment

Originally posted by BenCheong View Post
                  Haha...why 6 months time?
                  cos the rubber inserts might degrade and become terok...aka vicious cycle

Comment

Nothing last forever leh....

Comment

Originally posted by stingray View Post
                      Nothing last forever leh....
                      true. but just can't accept the fact it needs a half yearly servicing rather than a yearly one

Comment

ok i got sick of the faded brown rubber insert that never works...

I went to black out them and it seriously completed the look of it!

found a horrible thing during the process, the 12 o'clock glass tube on the bezel was attached with double sided tape...i was pretty disappointed that a watch that cost more than 3k would use double sided tape! argg...

Comment

omg.............

seriously sometimes i just whats the hype with ball watches, seems to be just a passing fad..

furthermore, their case finishing & design doesn't seem to be up to par with major brands like omega/breitling, even @ the same price.
                          Opportunities come once

Comment

Hey Bro,

wat i noe is it is not the normal double sided tape they uses a different adhesive. Let not be negative, think about the process of making the gas tube, the process of making the dial which is so much different from other brands as they have to cut out the shape of the gas tube to fit into the dial.

Come on you should enjoy the piece instead. You bought it for a reason.

Think about the quality of the watch. For your info all gas tube are all hand made but not machine made.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by titanian20 View Post
                              Hey Bro,

wat i noe is it is not the normal double sided tape they uses a different adhesive. Let not be negative, think about the process of making the gas tube, the process of making the dial which is so much different from other brands as they have to cut out the shape of the gas tube to fit into the dial.

Come on you should enjoy the piece instead. You bought it for a reason.

Think about the quality of the watch. For your info all gas tube are all hand made but not machine made.

Cheers
                              Hi bro,

Thanks for joining in the discussion. (i am not being sarcastic)

I am referring to the tiny metal housing that house the gas tube which was glued to the bezel. I am ok with the idea of gluing the tube to the housing. But the tiny housing came off when i was cleaning the bezel...they could spot weld it if it is not possible to machine it due to manufacturing constrains.

I think i bought the watch for its ruggedness and gluing things together especially metal to metal does not really fit the bill. From my knowledge of manufacturing process, gluing is not an ideal process for joining 2 metals together.

I am just expressing my opinions and how they can look into it, if anyone of the team is looking at this post. It is another give and take issue i believe. If they make ideal improvements then i guess my opinions are well given out and will respect the watch maker even more and patronize in future.

When I view a well made watch, I look into details.

I hope i had not made anyone upset with the above comment. =)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X