resale value of Big Ingenieur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resale value of Big Ingenieur?

i've been eyeing a preowned Big Ingenieur for sale at watcharena for sometime now. having been a PAM collector for years, am a noob when it comes to IWC, save for owning a BP5002 which i've recently traded for... yes, another PAM..

now the Big Ingenieur has piqued my interest, and the shop is selling it for 9.7k.
    wondering if it's a worthwhile buy?

i know there's also a new Ingenieur mission earth which is the same size as the Big Ingenieur, minus the 8 day PR of course. any idea how much is that brand new? have not seen any in the preowned market till date.
    What's in the box:
    • Patek Philippe 5726A
    • IWC Portu Chrono 3714-14
    • Panerai 187 Subzilla
    • Garmin Fenix 3

BP has better resale than Inge

Will prefer a Portuguese 5001 compared to the big Inge but different people like different watches... best is to buy what you like... almost every watch will lose money once you step out of the shop... but I believe the BP will have better resale over the Inge.

Between the Inge with 8 day PR and non-8 day i'll take the 8 day PR.. better movement.

Comment

For Ingenieur, it's a bit of special case. To me, the non PR, standard Stainless Steel version with closed caseback is the way to go. This model has been discontinued. It is one of the worthy opponents to the RLX Millgaus.

Agree with the statement, best is to buy what you like. The resale value goes like this Big Pilot > Portuguese Automatic (7 days) > Big Ingenieur.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X