Wolf designs watch winder? anyone got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf designs watch winder? anyone got

experience with this brand of watch winder before? I am thinking of getting a winder but still choosing the brands. Also wondering whether to get 1 or 2 winder version? 1 winder seems like no room for expansion leh..

wolf winders are ok in the sense, their module 1.5 or 2.0 turns only 600 TPD. Hence, no issue even if u were to place ur watch on the winder for more than 24hrs

However, one issue I have with wolfie is that the game btw ur watch strap (after placing on the cushion) and the casing surrounding the cushion, is almost nil. Hence, chance of scratching ur bracelet during put in and take out is very high.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I totally agreed with you. I owned one module 1.5. The leather scratch by this winder during put in the watch...so sad man

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
      wolf winders are ok in the sense, their module 1.5 or 2.0 turns only 600 TPD. Hence, no issue even if u were to place ur watch on the winder for more than 24hrs

However, one issue I have with wolfie is that the game btw ur watch strap (after placing on the cushion) and the casing surrounding the cushion, is almost nil. Hence, chance of scratching ur bracelet during put in and take out is very high.

Comment

Am I wrong, I was know I read some where where IWC and Panerai watches need at least 800 tpd from a watch winder.

Comment

Bros,

Thanks for the reply. I intended to use it for my GMT2. From my attached pic. What you mean by very near to the casing is at point 2 right? Then from what I drawn on the pic at point 1 is the casing that rotates? or is it the cushion rotating? Then what other brands of winder would you recommend?

Comment

to share one experience with you. Last time I put my Fortis Chonograph in bracelet and drop out from the winder. I checked the AD, they told me may be the watch too heavy. Lucky I place the winder on bed to test it….if on table or somewhere high….OMG liao…

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post

Bros,

Thanks for the reply. I intended to use it for my GMT2. From my attached pic. What you mean by very near to the casing is at point 2 right? Then from what I drawn on the pic at point 1 is the casing that rotates? or is it the cushion rotating? Then what other brands of winder would you recommend?
              Yup, that small gap sad hor, I bought a set from JWwatch. Now I only use it for my leather strap watches that not scare scratch. Wonder what will happen to my GMTIIc PCL if I use wolfie on it

Originally posted by ErnieH.
              Am I wrong, I was know I read some where where IWC and Panerai watches need at least 800 tpd from a watch winder.?
              No, you arent wrong. Thats why don buy those 2 brand of watches

joking. It differs for watches de. But even if your watch needs 800-900, using a 600 tPD on it will still be able to keep it moving, so not too much of an issue.

But if you like, can get wolfies with higher TPDs, or other brands. Hence, have to know what your watch needs

Finally, IMO, a good watch winder is NOT to keep your watch fully wind. It should keep it at about 70-80% power reserve.
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by ckhouse80 View Post
                to share one experience with you. Last time I put my Fortis Chonograph in bracelet and drop out from the winder. I checked the AD, they told me may be the watch too heavy. Lucky I place the winder on bed to test it….if on table or somewhere high….OMG liao…
                Bro,

I was also wondering whether will drop out of not because of the positioning of the winder. If really drop sure jia lak lor..I rather use my manual hand movement winding or ask my dad to chake it while he is sitting at the living room..

Comment

Yup, that small gap sad hor, I bought a set from JWwatch. Now I only use it for my leather strap watches that not scare scratch. Wonder what will happen to my GMTIIc PCL if I use wolfie on it

No, you arent wrong. Thats why don buy those 2 brand of watches

joking. It differs for watches de. But even if your watch needs 800-900, using a 600 tPD on it will still be able to keep it moving, so not too much of an issue.

But if you like, can get wolfies with higher TPDs, or other brands. Hence, have to know what your watch needs

Finally, IMO, a good watch winder is NOT to keep your watch fully wind. It should keep it at about 70-80% power reserve.

Bro,

Just saw the ad on JW and thought of buying one..But hear liao now like not something that I wanted liao..U also brought recently? So this cushion goes into a round casing that turns? or the cushion is the one turning actually? So that means cannot use it on watches with bracelets liao..

Comment

TPD for Pams.

Watches By Model Number:

PM me for the link for a full list of all watch brands and the TPD's needed for each watch from any brand. If I post it here, it will surely be deleted.

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************

i have deleted the information you put up. first it is wasting of bandwidth. secondly, information can be found orbita watch winding database

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                      Bro,

Just saw the ad on JW and thought of buying one..But hear liao now like not something that I wanted liao..U also brought recently? So this cushion goes into a round casing that turns? or the cushion is the one turning actually? So that means cannot use it on watches with bracelets liao..
                      the casing turns so once inside, no issue with scratching bracelet. just when putting in and taking out.

Honestly, as long as not Polished bracelets like GMTIIc, quite unlikely will scratch. I use it to wind my Fireman II and the surrounding of the winding area still haven scratched the brushed bracelet.

The list of watch and TPDs can also be found on Orbita webbie

Comment

ROLEX Most Rolex Automatics Most Rolex Movements Both 650
                        Daytona Cosmograph 4130 CW 800-950
                        Submariner Both 650

Comment

the casing turns so once inside, no issue with scratching bracelet. just when putting in and taking out.

Honestly, as long as not Polished bracelets like GMTIIc, quite unlikely will scratch. I use it to wind my Fireman II and the surrounding of the winding area still haven scratched the brushed bracelet.

The list of watch and TPDs can also be found on Orbita webbie
                          But what is the material of the casing that supposed to take in the cushion?

Comment

my grouse with this winder is that it does not come with a lid to keep the dust out.

secondly, cannot set TPD. so for normal watches is ok. if you got those watches which requires higher or specific winding direction. then cannot use.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by ErnieH. View Post
                              TPD for Pams.

Watches By Model Number:

PM me for the link for a full list of all watch brands and the TPD's needed for each watch from any brand. If I post it here, it will surely be deleted.

i have deleted the information you put up. first it is wasting of bandwidth. secondly, information can be found orbita watch winding database

Hi bro,
                              Can PM me the list ?

Tks in advance!
                              Focal JM_Labs .
                              "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                              Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                              Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                              Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                              Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                              Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                              Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                              Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                              Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                              Cartier Santos 100XL
                              Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse