Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinn UX or EZM 3?

Hi everyone!

Am looking to get a dive watch. Came across Sinn and am very interested in the UX and EZM 3.

Just wanted to check with the fellow forumers here, what would you consider in order to make a decision between the UX and EZM 3?

Thanks.

UX is quartz. EZM-3 is automatic.

i would go for EZM-3 personally because it is automatic. however, if u prefer a bigger size case, then go for UX. also the UX can be read in all angles when in water because of the special liquid/oil.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      UX is quartz. EZM-3 is automatic.

i would go for EZM-3 personally because it is automatic. however, if u prefer a bigger size case, then go for UX. also the UX can be read in all angles when in water because of the special liquid/oil.
      Tks!

Pardon my ignorance, but why would you personally prefer a automatic to a quartz?

Comment

No need to change battery?
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

UX used to have issues.

1) Oil causes the White markers, in the case to turn brownish after some time. (believe this was fixed?)

2) When the gaskets get weaken with time and use, there is a real danger of the oil leaking out when you unscrew the crown to adjust the time. Hence, it is important if you have the UX, to make sure it is in good condition.

3) Servicing at the moment can only e done in Germany due to the HYDRO (Oil inside the casing) technology. Hence, for point 2 above, be prepared to wait up to a mth or 2 wheneever u send the watch back

4) The batt has a lifespan of about 7 years (based on what sinn mentoned). This means you need to send the watch back to Sinn once every 7 years on average, regardless of condition (Due to hydro technology, no one else is currently certified by Sinn to change even the batt(.

Hence, based on the above, (beside UX being just a quartz), I would go for the EZM3.
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            UX used to have issues.

1) Oil causes the White markers, in the case to turn brownish after some time. (believe this was fixed?)

2) When the gaskets get weaken with time and use, there is a real danger of the oil leaking out when you unscrew the crown to adjust the time. Hence, it is important if you have the UX, to make sure it is in good condition.

3) Servicing at the moment can only e done in Germany due to the HYDRO (Oil inside the casing) technology. Hence, for point 2 above, be prepared to wait up to a mth or 2 wheneever u send the watch back

4) The batt has a lifespan of about 7 years (based on what sinn mentoned). This means you need to send the watch back to Sinn once every 7 years on average, regardless of condition (Due to hydro technology, no one else is currently certified by Sinn to change even the batt(.

Hence, based on the above, (beside UX being just a quartz), I would go for the EZM3.
            Just curious, EZM3 is argon filled right? So if the silicone capsule turns blue and the owner doesn't get it changed, will it be damaging to the watch? I forgot to get rid of my thirsty hippo dehumidifier when it's used up and fungus starts growing in it. Just wondering if that will happen to EZM3 base on this concept?

Comment

Would suggestion Sinn U1 instead. Same size as UX but with much cleaner face which makes it very easy to read in the water. Plus U1 is an automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by cocobat View Post
                Just curious, EZM3 is argon filled right? So if the silicone capsule turns blue and the owner doesn't get it changed, will it be damaging to the watch? I forgot to get rid of my thirsty hippo dehumidifier when it's used up and fungus starts growing in it. Just wondering if that will happen to EZM3 base on this concept?

Yup, EZM3 is Argon filled. Its actually more of a novelty IMO as the watch is tested based on gasket and case in order to get the water resistent rating. The Argon gas i minly a plus. (Argon is much bigger in size as compared to water molecules. Hence, this in theory prevents the water molecules from getting in -> provided your gasket already failed. But on the othe hand, if your gasket already failed, doubt the gas will be of much help

Back to the capsule qn:
                Its quite hard to get the sulphate capsule to be saturated (fully blue), unless maybe you dive very regularly? I had a 857 and EZM3 for 1 year plus before I sold it and the capsule is as per the same shade as newly purchased. Anyway, even if it does get fully saturated, it should not release water molecule. What would happen is that it will not absorb anymore. hence, should not be damaging to your watch.
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Personally ....

i have the UX and i love it absolutely, extremely hardy timepiece...

it did cross my mind when i was selecting a sinn watch on whether to go for the UZ (battery) or the U1/2 (quartz)...however i realised that bec of other watches that i have on hand, the UX would serve my needs due to the fact that as a quartz watch, very little maintenace is required (i'm not a big fan of winders lol). Even if you dun wear it for a month, it just continues to keep time accurately...

the costs involved as i understand when you send it back to Germany for a change of battery is approx SGD$350, which works out to be about SGD$50 for every year of wear (assuming 7 yrs), so no issues with that except it'll prob be outta yr hands for a month plus or so i heard..

so it really depends on your own personal needs and wants, just my $0.01 :P

either way, i think you can rarely go wrong when you select a sinn timepiece.

cheers
                  chris

Comment

hmmm. i personally have had a sinn UX before and i must say that it is a very unique watch with unparalleled depth ability. it's quartz movement is also thermocompensated and is not a usual quartz, in fact it is around 100 times more accurate than a regular quartz under certain temperature conditions.

maintanence is a little bit of a hassle though cos you won't have ur watch for at least a month and also the problem of sending it only to THG.

however, it really depends on yourself whether you prefer automatic or quartz but i believe every watch owner should own at least one quartz so it will act as a reference timer for resetting time for the other pieces when one doesn't have a watch winder or is just too lazy to manually wind the watch every other day.

if you're looking for a unique piece thats not run of the mill like a U1 (no offence!) ha. then this is the piece. it's quite the conversational timepiece esp when people keep trying to check out the silicon oil inside it.

whatever the choice. you can't go wrong with a sinn. thats a fact.

cheers!
                    Wishlist:
                    1. AP Grand Prix Carbon
                    2. Corum Bubble Skeleton
                    3. IWC Big Pilot Perpetual Calendar Rose Gold
                    4. Ulysses Nardin Freak Cruiser
                    5. Richard Mille RM 11 Rose Gold

(Dream only)

Comment

UX U1 or ezm 3

i have all three.

a)U1 and ezm3 automatic, will need some care after 5 or 6yrs, $ ??
                      b)Autos do need lubrication and the copper sulphate needs to be renewed for ezm3. Autos dont use batteries but are far less accurate and definately less rugged then quartz.
                      c)UX runs for abt seven yrs , battery change plus gaskets take one or two mths and cost about $450/= ?
                      d)So cost for both are close except with the autos, u dont need to worry about yr watch being away for some time.autos can take time to service too.
                      e)Auto's accuracy is a few seconds a day off. The Ux accuracy is about one minute a year.
                      f) There are no moving parts in the UX so its excellent for sports.
                      g) Autos do have a "heartbeat" so they connect with you much more.
                      the answer is to have one of each!

Comment

apologies typed too fast, should be UX (battery i.e. quartz) or the U1/2 (automatic)......dunno what went thru my head lol..

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by arthurl View Post
                          i have all three.
                          the answer is to have one of each!
                          Thats the way!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X