IWC Pilot Chrono deployment clasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWC Pilot Chrono deployment clasp

New to watches and new to forum, so a big HI to everyone here.

I've been reading threads relating to IWC strap and deployment clasp but I'm still a little unsure, so I hope bros here can help.

My Pilot Chrono currently is the stock tank buckle strap. So if I want to use deployment clasp instead, does it mean that I have to change the entire strap and get one with deployment clasp? Or use back the strap but replacing the tank buckle with the deployment clasp?

If I have to replace it with new strap+clasp, I have to get 21mm lug width and 18mm buckle width? But if just replacing the buckle and use back the strap, I need to get a 18mm buckle width?

Thanks!!

If I'm not msistaken, Deployant clasp and the tang buckle are inter-changeable. you can ask the watch shop to do it for for. The original deployant should be 18mm. you can check with Richemont on this.

Although the lug size of pilot chrono is 21mm, you can also fit it on a 22mm leather strap. I'm using a 22mm strap tappered to 20mm (not 18mm).

Comment

I see. So that means I just have to get a 18mm deployment clasp to fit the stock strap, without the need of changing the whole strap.

thanks very much bro!

Comment

I know i can order after market clasp from TWB etc. Any bro can advice which shop in SG I can just buy the clasp and have it installed? Order from net I'm not so sure if I can get it correct, also no idea how to fix it. Thanks!

Comment

Any kind soul can advise which local shop can i get the clasp from? Reading thru I know I can order from TWB etc but I'm not sure if I'll get the correct one, also don't quite know how to install it..

Thanks!

Comment

if you r thinkin of gettin from richemont is abt 600+ for the deployment clasp. As for aftermarket, im not too sure
            SaMe s(H)iT DifFeRenT DaY

Comment

Hi all. New here hope I can help. U can go to this shop to try. http://www.jwwatch.com/. Got my wife a mark xvi some time ago. Went to this shop after that to change to deployant clasp. Brandless and cheap, I think about 30 bucks. Don't expect it to be iwc quality haha. It's just practical. Try if they have for pilot chrono. Let me know cos I might be getting one too
              A neo-classic flieger, A marathon power reserve, A hard as nails diver.
              I should be good for quite awhile

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X