My servicing experience at VC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My servicing experience at VC

I thought it would be useful to share my recent experience with the VC boutique at Ion Orchard recently. My Overseas chrono needed a general servicing (been about 4 yrs without one) and the clasp was no longer working properly. I was quite happy with how they welcomed me into the boutique, despite being dressed only in a pair of jeans, sneakers and polo. They examined the watch in question and did the paperwork fairly quickly. I also noticed that there was a foreigner watch tech working within the boutique, in full view of customers. I was given a quotation 2 weeks later, estimating that the servicing and replacement of the clasp would cost $3k. It was not totally unexpected, but I was hoping it would be less. A few more weeks and they called to say the watch was ready for collection.

Upon collection, I noticed that they had cleaned up the entire watch and put the watch through a light polish, so all hairline scratches were no gone. But with closer examination using an eye loupe, i noticed that the seconds hand failed to zero precisely back to the 12 o'clock position. I was quite shocked at such tardy work and raised it to the attention of the staff that attended to me. They tested the watch a few times, acknowledged that it was indeed the case and took the watch back.

A further few weeks and they called again to say the problem was resolved so I revisited the boutique. Once again I was left disappointed as the same problem was not entirely solved to my satisfaction. The staff didn't realise this was the second time they failed to rectify the problem, and I had to remind them of it. They offered to bring it to the attention of a more senior watch tech at their service centre.

3 whole months after I first sent my watch in for servicing, the problem was finally and completely rectified.

The whole episode left me feeling somewhat disappointed. I was hoping that such a simple job could have been accomplished without hiccups but I guess I was wrong. I didn't fault the front line sales staff, but I suspect the watch techs were possibly incompetent, failed to be meticulous in their work, or both. I genuinely expected more from VC, since it belonged to the upper echelons of the Richemont stable of brands. Instead it felt no different from my experience at JLC, and I felt better treated with more competence at Cartier.

Oh dear, I can empathize with your situation I think if you do read up some of the watch repair/service reviews here and probably in other forums, your case isn't unique. I think few renown watch brands have their fair share of negative aftersales services. And mind you, it is only because of people like you who are willing to share that we get to benefit from the information. There are likely more cases like yours out there that we may never know, because not everyone shares, and even if they do, may not be in cyberspace.

I've read 'scary' stories on AP, OP, Zenith, etc ... even ROLEX.

And heh, tx for sharing
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X