Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinn U1's hands alignment

Hi all,

I bought a Sinn U1 just recently. It's a v handsome watch and I am v happy with the purchase.

However, I noticed that when the time is at say 12am/pm, the hour hand, minutes hand and second hand are not 100% inline with each other and with the hour marker. Similarly, the hands are not exactly perpendicular when the time is 3pm exactly.

Is this normal or am i being too pedantic?

Please advise.

Cheers.

the 12 o'clock thingy seems normal. the 3 o'clock thingy doesnt tho.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Thx for the reply.

Ya, I double-checked again at 3pm just now. When the second hand just reached the 60 sec mark, the minute hand is slightly off the 12 hr marker.

Also, everytime the the second hand reaches the 60 sec mark, i noticed that the minute hand is not aligned with the minute marker on the dial.

Does yours behave differently?

Comment

Originally posted by fellali View Post
        Thx for the reply.

Ya, I double-checked again at 3pm just now. When the second hand just reached the 60 sec mark, the minute hand is slightly off the 12 hr marker.

Also, everytime the the second hand reaches the 60 sec mark, i noticed that the minute hand is not aligned with the minute marker on the dial.

huh? er, that is normal leh... a bit confused here.

When you mean at 3 oclock not perpendicular, are you saying that when your min hand is at 12, your hour hand is slight off from the 3? If so, then not normal.

If you saying when second hand passes the 12 but minute hand doesnt point directly at the minute markers, then its normal! reason being that theres always at least 15 second free play for mechanical watches. meaning, if you never set 'properly', your min hand will only point directly at an index at about 15seconds pass the 12 marker.

er u get what i mean?
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

ahh....i see what u mean....

I have manually re-adjusted the hour/minute hands to 3pm and it looks ok leh...

maybe am just over paranoid....

Thanks again for the reply!

Comment

nps, enjoy your U1!

its a darn solid watch!

Comment

To adjust time, make sure you stop the second hand
              fully at the 12 o'clock position by pulling out the crown fully.

Then you'll have all the hour, min, sec hands standing in-line
              when it hits the 12 o'clock mark!!!!!

Hope it helps!!!

Originally posted by fellali View Post
              Thx for the reply.

Comment

The U1 is fantastic.. good choice

Before buying, best to test the watch by setting to at least 12 o'clock, 3, 6, 9 to see if the hands line up correctly.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X