Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ody_2004 View Post
    Need some advice here..

I have a 6 months old 5004 from oversea AD. This watch been running fast.

Can i bring to Richemont to tune it?
    You sure can. Should not be a problem. IWC guarantee is international. You can also try to ask them for a $ quote and timeline before you deposit your BP. I hope it turns out well for you.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
    Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Need some advice here..

I have a 6 months old 5004 from oversea AD. This watch been running fast.

Can i bring to Richemont to tune it?
      my bp was running +9 sec per 24 hours too. i brought it to richemont and they regulated it to +1 sec now. Dont worry they have advanced equipment which can measure your watch's accuracy at different positions.
      Just make sure you let your watch power down to 0 days first before sending it in, else they will just be leaving it there for 7 days to let it run down.

Comment

Originally posted by Taipan View Post
        You sure can. Should not be a problem. IWC guarantee is international. You can also try to ask them for a $ quote and timeline before you deposit your BP. I hope it turns out well for you.
        Thanks bro,

But seem it is under warranty why need to get a $ quote?
        | Rolex Submariner | IWC Big Pilot 5004 | Panerai 312 | AP Panda |

Comment

Originally posted by philipho827 View Post
          my bp was running +9 sec per 24 hours too. i brought it to richemont and they regulated it to +1 sec now. Dont worry they have advanced equipment which can measure your watch's accuracy at different positions.
          Just make sure you let your watch power down to 0 days first before sending it in, else they will just be leaving it there for 7 days to let it run down.
          Thanks for the info. How long do I need to leave the watch with them to rectify this?

I am a newbie and this is my first IWC n i kinda disappointed abt the accuracy thing. A watch that run fast.. n i mean very fast ( per day drift/add 1 min) with in 6 months of purchase i cannot accept..

Comment

Warranty Vs Quote

Thanks bro,

But seem it is under warranty why need to get a $ quote?
            Sorry, what I mean is that if the warranty period is still valid, any naturally- occurring anomalies should be settled by any authorised watch service/repair centre as a no-fee-attached obligation. However, even under warranty, I have come across stories where some horology technicians for other brands have deemed certain internal damages to the watch mechanism is due to man-made incidents (ie. like a fall or drop from height) and they quoted the owners a charge instead. Anyway, no harm knowing the quote so that you can prep yourself for the standard servicing bills if you decide to keep the watch after the warranty expires.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
            Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
            Watch your words, for they become actions.
            Watch your actions, for they become habits.
            Watch your habits, for they become character.
            Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Originally posted by Taipan View Post
              Sorry, what I mean is that if the warranty period is still valid, any naturally- occurring anomalies should be settled by any authorised watch service/repair centre as a no-fee-attached obligation. However, even under warranty, I have come across stories where some horology technicians for other brands have deemed certain internal damages to the watch mechanism is due to man-made incidents (ie. like a fall or drop from height) and they quoted the owners a charge instead. Anyway, no harm knowing the quote so that you can prep yourself for the standard servicing bills if you decide to keep the watch after the warranty expires.

thanks for the enlightenment bro! Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for the info. How long do I need to leave the watch with them to rectify this?

I am a newbie and this is my first IWC n i kinda disappointed abt the accuracy thing. A watch that run fast.. n i mean very fast ( per day drift/add 1 min) with in 6 months of purchase i cannot accept..
                1 min fast per day is too much. if you send it in with 0 reserve, should be ready within 1 week. but i cannot confirm the service time.

Comment

Just went to Richemont this afternoon and had my BP tuned.

Waited 20 mins for the tunning. Surprising no need to leave it there to do it.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X