Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Sinn U1 bezel problem

Hi Guys,

Recently I wore my Sinn U1 to the beach to swim (vain lah).
    But I made sure that I rinse it with warm water and soap after each dip.

Few days later, I noticed that my Bezel can no longer turn. Any direction also can't.

Being itchy backside, I used the tool supplied by Sinn to try and see whats wrong. That's the biggest mistake I've ever made . Sinn should never include that tool with the watch - its like a devil pick. Here's what it does :-

1. Scratch my bezel - submarine steel or not also no difference
    2. Made the screw round - now I can no longer unscrew/screw one of the screw. I mean come on man, how is it even possible to unscrew something that is so small and tight without breaking it?
    3. The bezel still can't turn

Can any bro please tell me where can I get it fixed? As I've bought the watch from Sinn direct via gray dealers, I don't think THG will be interested in looking at it right? I really need to get the bezel movement fixed and possibly a change of 4 x small screws. I'm no longer convinced about the built quality of Sinn watches after this episode, I'm sorry.

Tot Sinn watches has international warranty? THG should not reject it as they are the representive in SG. Anyway, urs is minor but cannot figure out how come the bezel can get scratch??

Comment

Hmz

Technically, the tool is meant for the strap not the bezel , so you kinda screwed up a little on that front. With regards to the bezel being scratched, it is likely that they can send it back to Germany and get it replaced.

You mentioned that your U1 is a grey market one, just how grey did you go? If it's not under warranty, there will be charges and also , the bezel problem was common only in the initial batches but that too was usually rather few. I got my U1 when it was first launched and Sinn replaced my bezel when I managed to scratch it. After which the new bezel I got held up to everything including a crash into a door lock-kit.

My advise is, go back to THG or do a search online on any grey market dealer who would sell you the part separately.

Comment

correction, its not the bezel that got scratched, its the side of the watch. it got scratched by the watch tool when i am trying to unscrew the bezel screws.

the watch do come with warranty. but since i didn't get it from THG, can I still send it to them for servicing?

even if i do get a new bezel from someone, it will still be hard to put it together myself....

Comment

Originally posted by viper0419 View Post
          correction, its not the bezel that got scratched, its the side of the watch. it got scratched by the watch tool when i am trying to unscrew the bezel screws.

the watch do come with warranty. but since i didn't get it from THG, can I still send it to them for servicing?

even if i do get a new bezel from someone, it will still be hard to put it together myself....
          Pal,

So long as your watch is officially having AD "stamp" and date, hour glass had to take your set. But as to replacing it FOC depends cos its very subjective especially on the fact that you had "damage" the bezel.

BTW, the tool supplied in the watch set is not meant for you to change the bezel. Bezel sold by some PI fellow here do comes with the bezel right tool - different from the tool supplied in the watch.

Anyway, never tried to attempt the change the bezel yourself even you have bought them unless you are well skill...
          Greeting from Planet Earth
          ------------------------------

[COLOR="Orange"]Believe in yourself, earn your respect by respecting others. No one is perfect in this planet earth.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Rottweiler View Post
            Pal,

So long as your watch is officially having AD "stamp" and date, hour glass had to take your set. But as to replacing it FOC depends cos its very subjective especially on the fact that you had "damage" the bezel.

BTW, the tool supplied in the watch set is not meant for you to change the bezel. Bezel sold by some PI fellow here do comes with the bezel right tool - different from the tool supplied in the watch.

Anyway, never tried to attempt the change the bezel yourself even you have bought them unless you are well skill...
            heehee.... didn't know that.

ok. i go try at THG and see what they say. will keep you guys posted.

and thanks all for replying.

Comment

please bring in your warranty card to show them.

i believe TS bought it from those sellers who bought them outside singapore and sold them here. if THG is kind, they can help you with all the paper work back to SINN HQ, they can also reject it since you did not buy it from them.

alternatively, you can email directly to sinn to see if they can assist you with this.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

i believe TS bought it from those sellers who bought them outside singapore and sold them here. if THG is kind, they can help you with all the paper work back to SINN HQ, they can also reject it since you did not buy it from them.

alternatively, you can email directly to sinn to see if they can assist you with this.
                oic.. okay. thx thx..

Comment

Hmz

Yeap. As long as you've got an authentic AD stamp and if it's still under the 24mths warranty(that's why I asked how grey did you go). If not, some service charges maybe incurred on top of the parts replacement. The screws should be pretty simple or even complimentary but the bezel jamm is another.

Just one word of caution, the Tegiment hardening process is applied only onto the Bezel and not the watch case, if you take a closer look at your watch under white light, you'll realise that the colour shade is different. That's why it is possible to scratch the case with much more ease compared to the bezel. Sub steel is used for it's anti-corrosive and anti-magnetic properties, not exactly hardness.

Should you need further help just drop me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theOrion View Post
                    Yeap. As long as you've got an authentic AD stamp and if it's still under the 24mths warranty(that's why I asked how grey did you go). If not, some service charges maybe incurred on top of the parts replacement. The screws should be pretty simple or even complimentary but the bezel jamm is another.

Just one word of caution, the Tegiment hardening process is applied only onto the Bezel and not the watch case, if you take a closer look at your watch under white light, you'll realise that the colour shade is different. That's why it is possible to scratch the case with much more ease compared to the bezel. Sub steel is used for it's anti-corrosive and anti-magnetic properties, not exactly hardness.

Should you need further help just drop me a PM.

Bro,

You are right on the tegimented issue. Fellows, U1 case is not tegimented hardened. It is only the Bezel that is tegimented hardened and not the case.

Only U1 All Black and Tempus (mixed feeling cos some say tegimented blacken which some say no) and of course the EZM6S (U1000S) is actually tegimented hardened on the case.

So is the upcoming U1W (White) that is also tegimented hardened in black. I understand that Sinn do takes in direct sent to them for factory repair etc. but there's some procedures to follow.

Maybe all Sinn owners whom got their watches from grey market would like to check it out in case THG don't want to take your piece. Good luck...
                    Greeting from Planet Earth
                    ------------------------------

[COLOR="Orange"]Believe in yourself, earn your respect by respecting others. No one is perfect in this planet earth.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

As the sole distributor and agent in Singapore, I don't think THG will reject if there any defective goods that are still under warranty.

I think this goes for Hublot as well..

Comment

Isnt U1 a diver watch? how come swim one time have this kinda issue liaoz?

btw, edson, whats a 11610LV? did a search and it return a rolex using Swiss ETA2836-A2 movement

hope it wasnt gotten from a trade
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                          Isnt U1 a diver watch? how come swim one time have this kinda issue liaoz?

btw, edson, whats a 11610LV? did a search and it return a rolex using Swiss ETA2836-A2 movement

hope it wasnt gotten from a trade
                          11610LV is the Green Submariner without the hour hands.

Try searching again

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X