Alteration of watch straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alteration of watch straps

As my wrists are relatively slim, many of the OEM watch straps that came with my watches are too long for my wrists ... My THG contact furnished me with a contact (near Geylang) for alteration of straps but I have misplaced the info. Appreciate if any of the bros here could share their contact(s) and experiences (including approximate prices, turnaround time, etc.) for such watch strap alteration services. Thks
    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

think you may mean this guy near geylang lor 9 & 11?

Chan Yew
    65 Sims Ave #07-09, Yi Xiu Factory Bldg
    Tel: 6748 9679
    Fax: 6744 8832

I heard prices have gone up.

Comment

Why not just buy short straps?
      Altering will never be as good as the orignal.

Comment

Thks for sharing. Will check out Chan Yew soon. All my watches are currently SHORT straps or custom-made straps but just thought I should try to put the numerous sets of regular straps that I have to use ...
        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

if custom made then why will too long leh?
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            if custom made then why will too long leh?
            Still have quite a few sets of 'standard' straps which come with my watches when I bought them ...
            运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
              Thks for sharing. Will check out Chan Yew soon. All my watches are currently SHORT straps or custom-made straps but just thought I should try to put the numerous sets of regular straps that I have to use ...
              Side track, have you tried Chan Yew yet? my AD from WoS also recommend them, but haven got a chance to go there yet to take a look.

Wonder what the prices are tho.
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                Side track, have you tried Chan Yew yet? my AD from WoS also recommend them, but haven got a chance to go there yet to take a look.

Wonder what the prices are tho.
                'Shortened' a set of Glashuette Original Alligator straps there and am happy with the results. Cost $20 for each side of the strap and turnaround time was 1 week.

Hope the above helps.
                运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

thanks!

do they also custom make straps for sale?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X