Damasko DC56 or Damasko DA36 or.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damasko DC56 or Damasko DA36 or.....

Well, the sgroc bug bit me again so searching for another timepiece (more affordable ones, not above 3k)

Basically, have a few models I am looking at but open to suggestions as long below 3k. Cant afford PAMs or SD le

Pilot watch
    Damasko DC56 - going for SGD$2.8k like that after discount at gnomewatches and they have ready stock
    Damasko DA36 - Wait till Jun 10 or get from Watchmann who says will have ready stock next week at SGD$1.8 like that

Diver Watch
    Longines Legend W/O Date - $2.5k like that after disc from shop
    Longines Hydroconquest - $2-2.5k bah those without chronos.

Most prob will wear with casual wear on non working days. Hence, not considering the more dressy models. Both diver and pilot function doesnt really matter, its just th watchie heh

Opinions?
    Damasko DC56
    16.67%
    Damasko DA36
    41.67%
    Longines Legend w/o date
    16.67%
    Longines Hydroconquest w/o chronos
    8.33%
    Keep searching..
    16.67%
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

i go for Damasko over the longines, just based on their in house ice-hardened case, its worth as least as much. for me personally the 36 is too plain, so i would go the 56. Morever if u r local, it makes sense to get from gnomon, unless u really cant wait.

Comment

Da36..
      I'm a super low-baller

Comment

hmm seems like damasko is more favoured.

is it cos of the ice-hardened casing or due to the fact that they are more rare?
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

MHO...

1) DC56 - I don't like Chrono watch - out
          2) DA36 - my choice.. classic Pilot watch.. and is cheaper than the legend
          3) Longines Legend - tough choice.. like the design but look not as tough DA36
          4) Longines Hydroconquest - save longer and get a sub or another sub...
          I'm a super low-baller

Comment

icic, hmm i kinda like the yellow second hand of the DA36. Just that DA series very hard to get haha...I don really mind the wait tho. but qn is if it really will be delievered to gnomewatches in june next year lol......

Was also comparing the Sinn 656 and 556 with the DA36 but find them a bit too plain

for DC56, actually doesnt really look that bad. tried at gnonmewatches once. and date wheel is in english somemore. the preowned one selling in the mktplace with german datewheel is only 100 less a brand new piece with english wheel so guess preown also out of the question

Comment

For me i'll choose either one of the Damaskos which is rarer and also tougher due to the ice harden case. I believe, however, that the ice harden case is more 'dink' resistant than scratch resistant as compared to sinn's tegimented casing.

Think you missed the '56 that JW was selling recently...was going at dirt cheap SGD1.5k~1.6k.

Not considering the rarer '57 with a full lume dial ??

Comment

I heard that that the lume for damasko isnt too lasting hence i decided no point getting full lume dial

ya i don look at jw webbie de. Cos nett to them is without gst lol. Anyway their stock mov so fast, see le also wont reach my turn to purchase

Comment

We have a couple of DC56 left in stock until the next delivery in 10-12 months. So get them now if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by anders213 View Post
                    We have a couple of DC56 left in stock until the next delivery in 10-12 months. So get them now if you are interested.
                    yup, was at your shop a few weeks back. still deciding between DC56 and DA36.

For DA36, heard you mentioned that have to wait till Jun 2010, is that correct? I don wanna buy from overseas if i can help it, cos theres this place called Watchmann who mentioned that he can get his stock next week.

Comment

Budget 3k. Why not consider Omega Seamaster huh? Or Tag?

Comment

Regarding the Longines last few weeks somebody at HWZ was creating a list/MO for Longines watches at staff discount price.
                        Don't know whether over already or not.

Comment

i voted for da36

was wondering if servicing will be a prob though...

Comment

Originally posted by tt32003 View Post
                            Regarding the Longines last few weeks somebody at HWZ was creating a list/MO for Longines watches at staff discount price.
                            Don't know whether over already or not.
                            i checked with that guy.

Price is only 20% off retail. When I went dickson, they were giving me 25% off straight. hence, not worth getting from him

Comment

Originally posted by chemis3 View Post
                              i voted for da36

was wondering if servicing will be a prob though...
                              was also wondering abt this.

but then again, the base movement is just an ETA with minimal decorations (if any). In addition, no argon gas, etc etc stuff inside. Hence, suspect anyone with ETA knowledge can fix it.

if need to send back to Germany like U2 and stuff, the i will also v sian haha..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X