reduced discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reduced discount

went to Cortina Rafflescity juz now to check out the price of IWC Chrono (list price 11k).. was told by the SA tt discount is strictly 17% from the start of this mth.. if i went there earlier say, last mth, he can give up to 25%..
    sighs.. there goes... the reduction in discount translates to a substantial amt.
    even when i asked if i could get more discounts if i purchase 2watches, he's also firm abt the 17% discount..

Are you a regular at Cortina? If not, forget it... Sorry I'm not snubbing you but just to reflect the attitude of SAs in our local ADs, even in this economic climate...
    PAM 233K :woohoo:
    IWC BP 5004 :D
    Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
    Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

nah.. im not.. prefer to go THG @ NAC actually.. but they dont carry this brand

yeah, agreed.. service there aint even satisfactory to begin with.. wasnt really happy with the manager there.. kinda snub my friend too..

Originally posted by rotan View Post
      Are you a regular at Cortina? If not, forget it... Sorry I'm not snubbing you but just to reflect the attitude of SAs in our local ADs, even in this economic climate...

Comment

Frankly, I think SW is much better...they tend to offer good discounts as long as you're a sincere buyer, even if you're not regular.

Comment

Seriously if the ADs in Singapore improve their service level and attitude, business will be much better... But then maybe they don't care for small fish like us.... Only looking out for whales...

Comment

Originally posted by chinchilla View Post
            nah.. im not.. prefer to go THG @ NAC actually.. but they dont carry this brand

yeah, agreed.. service there aint even satisfactory to begin with.. wasnt really happy with the manager there.. kinda snub my friend too..
            Hey MC,

you can always ask NAC staff to bring the watch over from another branch..
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I dun think they can James. Have to buy from MW branch. Unless they now can do so cos last yr ard feb I asked them, they were unable to.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by chinchilla View Post
                went to Cortina Rafflescity juz now to check out the price of IWC Chrono (list price 11k).. was told by the SA tt discount is strictly 17% from the start of this mth.. if i went there earlier say, last mth, he can give up to 25%..
                sighs.. there goes... the reduction in discount translates to a substantial amt.
                even when i asked if i could get more discounts if i purchase 2watches, he's also firm abt the 17% discount..
                just last thurs, i went to Raffles hotel Amex private sales, casually ask the big pilot and the SA give me 25%, i forget how much they quote me.

Comment

didnt know THG @ MW stocks IWC.. i'll probably drop by there to check it out.. any idea if they will be more generous with discounts?

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                  I dun think they can James. Have to buy from MW branch. Unless they now can do so cos last yr ard feb I asked them, they were unable to.

Comment

Yup hang on to those IWC watches...they gonna give less discount.

Looking at their movement..their portuguese watches are a bargain

Comment

Originally posted by colinyip View Post
                      Yup hang on to those IWC watches...they gonna give less discount.

Looking at their movement..their portuguese watches are a bargain
                      Agree wholeheartedly ...

运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                        nice IWCss....peter. together met up with a few friends and rumours was that cartier might take away all the dealerships from all those ADs....and no more discount will be given.

but not sure how true is this.......
                        Cartier and IWC, will be like this in future. Discount is surely can get one...how much nia?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                          nice IWCss....peter. together met up with a few friends and rumours was that cartier might take away all the dealerships from all those ADs....and no more discount will be given.

but not sure how true is this.......
                          Really? Then I better hold on to my 7 days Just kidding...

Comment

youre gonna see more EU style price controls across most of the brands from now on. very tight....

IWC will be ~15%, Glashutte will be ~15% max controlled discounts et cetera. Lange will follow suit once Sincere is no longer the AD for Lange.

so berri berri good! it about high time price controls are practiced here.
                            overall it is good for the brand and buyers and residual values.

i give 30% discount on a sale, pple still lowball and be rude to me - now that group can go try to get the same watch at the AD or IWC boutique when it opens on 21 July 2009 in ION.

IWC boutique will likely give you zero discount in SG. it is not a partnership with any local AD but a fully run Richemont shop. service and access to rare pieces should be superb (with a price of course).

Comment

Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
                              youre gonna see more EU style price controls across most of the brands from now on. very tight....

IWC will be ~15%, Glashutte will be ~15% max controlled discounts et cetera. Lange will follow suit once Sincere is no longer the AD for Lange.

so berri berri good! it about high time price controls are practiced here.
                              overall it is good for the brand and buyers and residual values.

i give 30% discount on a sale, pple still lowball and be rude to me - now that group can go try to get the same watch at the AD or IWC boutique when it opens on 21 July 2009 in ION.

IWC boutique will likely give you zero discount in SG. it is not a partnership with any local AD but a fully run Richemont shop. service and access to rare pieces should be superb (with a price of course).
                              In terms of stricter price control, this is expected once the main group establishes a flagship shop locally.

Look at MS when they built a flagship at SLS (Or was it Funan)? Immediately piracy was targetted in the same building and lots of control measures in place.

However, getting discount or same discounts from other shops wills till be possible depending on how well you know the AD (IMO). If you don know them well, they will always give the excuse of controlled prices, etc etc...one such brand is Omega (and their official flagship also haven official open yet). However, still possible to get 20% or so discount leh.
                              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X