Seiko Spring Drive vs Swiss Mechanical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiko Spring Drive vs Swiss Mechanical

Have been looking at Seiko GS Spring drive but a couple of months, still can't convince myself to spend 6K+ for a Seiko spring drive watch.

Admire the "smooth" sweep second but it's still a hybrid quartz + mechanical movement, did any Seiko fan out there miss the "tick tack" mechanical sound after acquired the spring drive?
    I'm a super low-baller

Originally posted by Muachee View Post
    Have been looking at Seiko GS Spring drive but a couple of months, still can't convince myself to spend 6K+ for a Seiko spring drive watch.

Admire the "smooth" sweep second but it's still a hybrid quartz + mechanical movement, did any Seiko fan out there miss the "tick tack" mechanical sound after acquired the spring drive?
    same here. almost wanted to get the spring driver diver from visio but backed out. from all the info & reviews that i read from scwf, it seems that only the top craftsmen from seiko get to assemble the spring dive pieces therefore the premium prices. according to a vid on youtube, the second hand glides instead of the conventional ticking.

anyway, it's one hack of a quality timepiece, i guess it's up to the individual to determine if dishing out 6k for a seiko is worthwhile. to each his own.
    Remnants of my irresponsibility:
    "Foreign affections"
    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
    2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
    3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
    4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
    What's NEXT?

Comment

i saw the spring drive second hand movement too. its gorgeous!! but then again, for 6k, I rather get a preown SD.

the problem with me is, I cant seem to keep my watches. I tend to flip them after a few years. If I were to get a seiko, i will have issues in future (unless of cos seiko manages to get into the same genre as rolex)
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

no doubt the smooth sweep second of the spring drive very nice to view..

2nd hand seiko no value meh? Seems like even pre-owned selling at good price..
        I'm a super low-baller

Comment

hmm must state which type of seiko bah..they have too many liaoz..usually if do PI can get almost 50% off the retail price (for normal seikos, not grand)
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I would get this latest high beat grand seiko SBGH003 if i were have the budget to get a spring drive. This latest model shows that seiko's traditional roots of watchmaking are still there. Here's a link to a great review. Enjoy

http://www.gmtplusnine.com/2009/06/1...seiko-sbgh003/

Comment

Originally posted by yellofit View Post
              I would get this latest high beat grand seiko SBGH003 if i were have the budget to get a spring drive. This latest model shows that seiko's traditional roots of watchmaking are still there. Here's a link to a great review. Enjoy

http://www.gmtplusnine.com/2009/06/1...seiko-sbgh003/
              what is the damage?
              I'm a super low-baller

Comment

Listed price: 577,500JPY
                Made in Japan
                Case & bracelet: SS
                Crystal: Dual curve Sapphire crystal with non-reflection coating
                See-through back
                Screw-down crown
                Movement: 9S85 37J Power Reserve 55Hr.
                Accuracy: +5/-3 sec/day
                10 ATM water resistance
                Case size 40.0mm/ W: 151g/ T: 13.0mm / Lug size: 20 mmm

Comment

I think that GS SD is really a class of its own.

Though many would argue that a Swiss movement is 'better' or a Swiss/German brand usually has more brand recognition, it does not take away the fact that GS SD is superb in its finishing as compared to Swiss/German and its movement is as innovative as it get, not to mention its accuracy and sweeping movement hardly raveled.

But then again, it might not hold value as well as the Rolexes and PPs, so buy it when you are sure its a keeper = )

Yes yes, I am aiming for one myself

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X