Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U1 vs U2 : What do u think ??

Hey Bros,

I see many anvid supporters of U1 but was caught awestruck by U2 black..

I dun see many threads abt U2..

Could SINNERS advise as I'm veri close to getting a U2s EZM5 but not sure if I shld..

Reasons being

1) Not much hype/feedback in forum
    2) Is Sinn watch worth the $$
    3) Would it be a hassle to service
    4) Would the black coating peel off easily

Pls advise

This is after all a rolex forum, so not much discussion about sinn watches. the reason why there seems to be more 'coverage' on U1 compared to U2 could be because there are more variants of the u1 compared to u2. u1 has different colored dials compared to u2 which has yet to have other colored dial (IIRC)

whether or not a sinn watch is worth is value depends on how you perceived the watch. generally, sinn watches initially has different models under 5k region. more common ones like the 856, u1 have been priced in the region of 3k and below. but the prices has started to increase. u1000 is priced above the 5k mark.

if it is termed value for money, then could be because for tegimented case @ ~2.5k where you can wear it as a daily beater, it is value for money for some people. but to others who is comfortable with just a simple $30 watch as a daily beater, it is also value for money.

one difference between the u1 and u2 is that the former can be serviced locally while the latter has to be sent back to germany for service. the service time could take anywhere up to 3 months for the latter.

is it peel off easily? pvd against what material? for pvd, if you have a scratch, it can end up like pulling off a thread off a wollen jacket.

Originally posted by heeheehaahaa79 View Post

Reasons being

1) Not much hype/feedback in forum
    2) Is Sinn watch worth the $$
    3) Would it be a hassle to service
    4) Would the black coating peel off easily

Pls advise
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi TS, I'm almost like you; still contemplating to get a Sinn watch. I'm inclined towards the U series but can't come to terms to decide on any (yet). Other than what triton had advised, I'm more on its pricing, or shld I put it, value for money in my sense. To me, I would not want to spend more than $2.5k for a Sinn watch. Anything more than that, I'll get an Omega watch. It's just me.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Everthing else aside cos price & value is very subjective...

Would the PVD coated case be feasible for daily use (probably weekends..)

Cos I very "Sim Tia" if I see scratches on case.. lagi more obvious if on black casing..

Would any kind soul be able to share experience & advise ??

Comment

Personally, I own and love both the Sinn U1 & U2 and IMHO, they offer excellent bang for the buck!

运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
            Personally, I own and love both the Sinn U1 & U2 and IMHO, they offer excellent bang for the buck!

wah powerful Sinn U collection!!

when u adding U1000?
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Hi Psee,

Your collection is damn impressive !!!! Wish I had a collection like yours..

Before I commmit, like to ask if the PVD coating is durable ??

Will it get scratched easily & reveal the steel surface??

I'm very concerned abt it...

Comment

do a search on WUS sinn forum

Hi TS, I am very much lusting after a sinn u2s too. there is however a wealth of info at WUS sinn forum. do a search to rest yr fears on scratching the watch. that's what i did and subsequently thrashed the thot of owning a breitling avenger blacksteel.
                Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                "Foreign affections"
                1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                What's NEXT?

Comment

Well, I have the U2 S for almost a year, wear it constantly, bumped it occasionally and took it several times for diving trips at Tioman and Bunaken.

Not a single ding and no scratches on the watch case, bezel and bracelet. There was an occassion that I bumped it hard enough to a painted metal railing. The paint chipped and sticked to the watch. I just rubbed it with toothpaste and washed it with warm water at home, the paint came off and the watch was left unscratched.

The AR coating however has attracted fine hairline scratches.

Comment

Can any Sinn owner comment on the wearability of the rubber strapy in our hot and humid weather? I imagine sweat on rubber would cause friction and be very, very uncomfortable...

Watch Collection (click for photos!)
                    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust
                    Tag Heuer Classic 2000 Limited Edition Red/Green Dial
                    Seiko Titanium Samurai
                    Omega Speedmaster 50th Anniversary Limited Series
                    Panerai Luminor 1950 Marina 3 Days Automatic
                    IWC Ingenieur
                    Sinn U Black (THG Limited Edition)
                    Chopard Gran Turismo XL Alfa Romeo (Limited Edition) (sold)
                    Panerai Luminor 1950 Submersible 1000M
                    IWC Portuguese Automatic

Comment

Sweat and rubber still ok lah i feel...sweat and leather is worse

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        Sweat and rubber still ok lah i feel...sweat and leather is worse
                        Agree with Bro DA ... IMHO, the rubber straps still relatively comfortable even in our humid weather.
                        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Agree with Bro DA ... IMHO, the rubber straps still relatively comfortable even in our humid weather.

second tat. sinn rubber strap are very comfy in our sg weather.....

initially with quite skeptical with sinn rubber strap as my wrist was allergic to omega rubber strap, dun noe y? but once i put the sinn with rubber, it is indeed comfy

sinn with rubber is the way to go for the "Sinner Look"

Comment

Thks all Sinn owners for the feedback on the rubber strap. I was skeptical too as I didn't really like the feel of the OEM Panerai rubber strap, but perhaps can give Sinn a try.

Watch Collection (click for photos!)
                            Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust
                            Tag Heuer Classic 2000 Limited Edition Red/Green Dial
                            Seiko Titanium Samurai
                            Omega Speedmaster 50th Anniversary Limited Series
                            Panerai Luminor 1950 Marina 3 Days Automatic
                            IWC Ingenieur
                            Sinn U Black (THG Limited Edition)
                            Chopard Gran Turismo XL Alfa Romeo (Limited Edition) (sold)
                            Panerai Luminor 1950 Submersible 1000M
                            IWC Portuguese Automatic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X