AP vs. Hublot vs. Delacour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bladers1 View Post
    bluefire: u have a point... i feel it makes more sense and worth to buy the automatic. What are ur views on Hublot automatic watches (ie: big bang)?

Comment

bluefire: u have a point... i feel it makes more sense and worth to buy the automatic. What are ur views on Hublot automatic watches (ie: big bang)?
      Well. I like the Big Bang design and for me this watch is so different from the rest of others i have like Rolex, IWC, Panerai that I decided to add this in my collection. To me I dont view resale value much as a consideration. I go with my heart and I think you should too. Choose something that you like but thats me biased because I own this beauty below.

Last edited by bluefire; 29-03-16, 08:57 PM.

Comment

micwee: wow $800! Expensive coffeee.. Then maybe better to save up to buy the automatic
        if you can bang the wall for a battery change, not too sure what you will do once you know the estimated costs for servicing your AP automatic timepiece.

always buy the watch that sings out to you the most. Note that some people prefer quartz to due battery and accuracy. but when you are paying $10k a pop for a quartz, the quantum looks big.

Hublot is refreshing and young. Very strong marketing presence and visual impact. As discussed before, APs have a presence that Hublot don't. Do wear them, appreciate the finer details on finishing, quality, details. Read up on the history of AP and Hublot, then the story will unfold....

BTW which lines of AP you are keen to look at ?

There are a couple of local SG instagrammers who post actively of their AP watches. Will PM you their accounts. Widely followed and often make AP blush with envy

regards
        Zymol

Comment

zymol:
          whats the average cost of servicing AP automatic watches? Have not decided on the one I like (automatic) as the Hublot big bang really caught my eye.

bluefire: that's a beautiful piece! Looks like matt!

Comment

zymol:
            whats the average cost of servicing AP automatic watches? Have not decided on the one I like (automatic) as the Hublot big bang really caught my eye.

bluefire: that's a beautiful piece! Looks like matt!
            Yes its actually matt ceramic case. My first non stainless steel watch.

Comment

i'm also caught in between Big Bang ( 1st hand ) or AP ROO ( 2nd hand )... any advise.. both i also like very much... haha

Comment

Originally posted by rolex12345 View Post
                i'm also caught in between Big Bang ( 1st hand ) or AP ROO ( 2nd hand )... any advise.. both i also like very much... haha
                Tough choice if you like both; go with your heart. Personally I prefer AP.

BTW if you were to add resale value into the equation then relatively speaking, AP retains value better than Hublot. Look around 2nd hand market and you'll see most Hublot models dropped quite a bit in value$ versus AP.

Comment

thank you for the advice! btw, where to verify Hublot watch huh? expensive?

Comment

AP for sure is a better brand in the watch market!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X