iwc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daveevan View Post
    thanks bro , really appreciate your effort. Yeah will try to accumulate more bros who is keen on IWC and get more discount
    Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    eh.. no need liao lah.. 3 is good enough.. even if just you and me, should be okay. The more ppl, the more complex it gets. I don't want to be held responsible. :P
    getting more people to buy does not equate to more discount. this is because they still need to earn a certain margin.

also the more watches to get, does not mean they got stock. if no stock then how? who gets priority? first come first serve? besides i think some models you are looking @ got low/no stock
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• agreed with Triton.

There is a rock bottom we can go (kekeke.. for triton to twist again)
      But I believe with the referal + 2 genuine customers to him at one go will help us negotiate a better price than their Standard discount.

Right now, fortunately 2 of us (even if include louis), there is no conflict in interest on a particular model.

Basically, all is still a dream until we secure and made the purchase then we will know what the possibilities are.. but hope it will turn out well for all 2 (if not 3) of us.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
      - GMT II
      - GMT IIc TT
      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
      - U1
      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
        agreed with Triton.

There is a rock bottom we can go (kekeke.. for triton to twist again)
        But I believe with the referal + 2 genuine customers to him at one go will help us negotiate a better price than their Standard discount.

Right now, fortunately 2 of us (even if include louis), there is no conflict in interest on a particular model.

Basically, all is still a dream until we secure and made the purchase then we will know what the possibilities are.. but hope it will turn out well for all 2 (if not 3) of us.
        twist rock bottom? how to twist? u teach me can?

what i will more inclined to do is visit at least 2 different AD, say sincere, HG, or cortina and say i intend to get 3 IWC watches, models being XXX,YYY,ZZZ.

take note of list price and discounts given @ one AD and compare against another AD. then you will be able to see the amount discount given.

on top of it, it is better for the 3 of u to appoint 1 chief negotiator. which means the other 2 will not play a part in negotiating on the day itself. all discussions must be carried out prior to entring the shop.

for me, if i cannot get the discount/price i want, i walk away. r u willing to do it? this is because i believe in the principle of not paying more than necessary when buying an item @ a particular time
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
          twist rock bottom? how to twist? u teach me can?

what i will more inclined to do is visit at least 2 different AD, say sincere, HG, or cortina and say i intend to get 3 IWC watches, models being XXX,YYY,ZZZ.

take note of list price and discounts given @ one AD and compare against another AD. then you will be able to see the amount discount given.

on top of it, it is better for the 3 of u to appoint 1 chief negotiator. which means the other 2 will not play a part in negotiating on the day itself. all discussions must be carried out prior to entring the shop.

for me, if i cannot get the discount/price i want, i walk away. r u willing to do it? this is because i believe in the principle of not paying more than necessary when buying an item @ a particular time
          Well thought & Fantastic strategy

Comment

• triton, good point to note.

Hmm.. to be honest, I am rarely at town.. I can only do calls but most AD won't give you discounts over the phone unless you know them... THG is an exceptional case cos of the person I told you about.

I think its more safe to say 2 for now as Louis say got no fund / lost interest.. my purpose was to sia him only lah. kekek but I did told my AD to keep a look out, if available, he may be tempted again?

Daveevan, maybe we can liaise via PM... and not take up bandwidth on this thread. whatever we discussed privately and only disclosed to the rest to share our deals after we have completed our acquistion of our watches.. what say you??

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• Tks jazz_sam... but me got no funds atm for IWC nw..
              A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

triton, good point to note.

Hmm.. to be honest, I am rarely at town.. I can only do calls but most AD won't give you discounts over the phone unless you know them... THG is an exceptional case cos of the person I told you about.

I think its more safe to say 2 for now as Louis say got no fund / lost interest.. my purpose was to sia him only lah. kekek but I did told my AD to keep a look out, if available, he may be tempted again?

Daveevan, maybe we can liaise via PM... and not take up bandwidth on this thread. whatever we discussed privately and only disclosed to the rest to share our deals after we have completed our acquistion of our watches.. what say you??
                great, keep me updated

Comment

• Yo brothers.. anybody knows if IWC watches in Taiwan is cheaper than Singapore? Out of curiorsity as my buddy is over there now. Cheers!

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Yo brothers.. anybody knows if IWC watches in Taiwan is cheaper than Singapore? Out of curiorsity as my buddy is over there now. Cheers!
                    what i think you should do is check out the price of any particular model and see the discount. then compare it over there. easier.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

• AFAIK, the cheapest watches (besides speculative models) in the world are in Malaysia, Singapore and Hongkong. No need to look elsewhere.
                      'The way to high office is by the crooked stairs.' - Queen Elizabeth I (in the movie)

Comment

• Triton, that I've thought off... specificially the model I am after but since he is there on a business trip, if there is a confirmed answer that prices there are okay, I may just ask him to go to the big chain watch dealers, else don't wish to waste his time... pai seh to ask him to scout around lah. ;P

Hi Henry, apparently someone mentioned in this thread that NYC price after currency conversion is cheaper than Singapore leh.. I was also told that Dubai is also cheaper than Singapore.. I think u mant only Asia is it? As you've stated, Hong Kong should be cheaper and Malaysia then Singapore cos Malaysia don't have GST and their luxury tax doesn't apply to watches or jewelery.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• Really?? Thot its limited to 1178pc world-wide.. The IW320104, The Pilot’s Watch Automatic Edition Antoine de Saint Exupéry in stainless steel comes with brown buffalo leather strap. Or are you refering to IW371709 Montre d’Aviateur Chrono-Automatic Saint Exupéry.

Or am I totally confused??

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                          ....IWC Pilot watch chrono automatic Antoine de Saint Exupéry's.....they quoted me S$7800 and without discount. ......

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• Hi Jazz_samz,

In States, IWC is definitely cheaper. The list price for 5001-07 is USD10.4k if I dun remember wrongly. Singapore list is SGD17.7K, again if i am not wrong. I get to know the information because my gf check it out for me when she was in Long Island, NY last year, the discount given is 15% and the sales person specifically mentioned that it will be higher if really interested. She probe abit further and 20% is not a problem. I even think 25% like in Singapore is definitely achieveable. I did not get it as I want to inspect the watch myself so when I am there later this year, will most likely get it. So after conversion and discount, it is definitely cheaper in states. Another brand that is substantially cheaper is Ulysse Nardin. As an example, the UN maxi marine chronometer or diver is about USD4.3k - 4.7K, SS version. This is another tempting buy.

However, it has to be noted that these are the exceptions rather than the norm. Singapore and Hongkong and to a certain extend, Malaysia, gives good prices on many brands, especially Rolex. I heard about Dubai but never been there before so cannot comment.

Cheers and happy watch hunting.
                            Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                            Triton, that I've thought off... specificially the model I am after but since he is there on a business trip, if there is a confirmed answer that prices there are okay, I may just ask him to go to the big chain watch dealers, else don't wish to waste his time... pai seh to ask him to scout around lah. ;P

Hi Henry, apparently someone mentioned in this thread that NYC price after currency conversion is cheaper than Singapore leh.. I was also told that Dubai is also cheaper than Singapore.. I think u mant only Asia is it? As you've stated, Hong Kong should be cheaper and Malaysia then Singapore cos Malaysia don't have GST and their luxury tax doesn't apply to watches or jewelery.

Comment

• my view would be that if you want to compare prices between countries, start off with sg first. go 2 at least 2 AD and get quote for price and discount. usually for walk-in customers, you can possible add about another 2% to the standard discount they give. (based on 1 watch discount)

with this information, when you travel overseas, check and compare the prices. and if it is cheaper substantially overseas. why i say SUBSTANTIALLY, this is because, if the savings is about 100-200, i would personally buy locally. reason is simple, for those who travel frequently, it is ok. for those who dont, pay that extra 100-200, to establish a relationship with the local AD if you see yourself into watch collecting.

when a relationship is established, there are perks. more discounts to be given if you eventually become a regular customer. you may be notify of watch events. you may get some 'insider' information, etc.

for that extra 100-200, there are some perks you can enjoy. i do not travel frequently, so i do not have the luxury to purchase cheaper priced watch. so i chose to establish a relationship with local AD. now, im enjoying some of the benefits.

each of us have a different idea of watch buying/collecting. you should decide for urself which is more beneficial. thanks for reading. cheers.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

• Hahaa... Nice 'toy' andrew.... ex 'toy' tho...
                                A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X