Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chows99 View Post
    Hi Guys,

do u all own a IWC watch ? It will be my 3rd watch after Rolex Sub non date, Omgea Seamaster Chronometer.

I am looking for the pilot series, something that will be afforable in the 5-6K range. Any tips ?

Do u know which AD carries the most extensive range of IWC ?

TIA !
    I have a pre-owned (1997) MK XII which uses a modified JLC movement. It is some sort of a collector's item. I sold it for a small profit a few years back.
    'The way to high office is by the crooked stairs.' - Queen Elizabeth I (in the movie)

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
      Thanks bro MP for the location...'

Brothers.. need all of your advice...
      I am at the juncture of getting a pre-owned 500107. Got the CASH from bank and now duno why, hesitating due to the following reasons
      1) I really like the 500107 and definitely hope of getting it one day.. but the dilemma is that I also like the TT SUB. I know its hard to come by such a good piece that I've already reserved. Just worried get liao, regret.. somemore hoot 11Gs out for it...
      2) After withdrawing the $$$, seeing my bank acct less 11G, I felt a pinch and hesitated if its a impulse purchase. This added to the fact of constant 3nights of serious thinking and I do yearn to own this piece eventually
      3) Analysed with wifey that this is an expensive purchase and it won't be screaming "THIS IS AN EXPENSIVE WATCH" as compared to a TT SUB
      4) I do have plans to buy TT SUB hopefully this year too... but again.. feel the pinch loh.. duno will I feel the same if I am at the brink of paying for a TT-SUB??

Sorry to bother you bro but hope somebody can help give me their views/opinion and maybe encourage/discourage me with your logical analysis... CHEEM AH.. sorry brothers for the long post..
      which watch u like more?

r u afraid that you will make a wrong choice?

if you feel the pinch, then im more incline to think that you r buying this watch because you feel that this is a good deal not because u really want to own this piece @ this point in time. given a choice, with the same budget, you are likely to go for a TT sub.

if u r hesistant then dont go for it. 11k is not really a small sum of money to pay for a watch. however, if u pay for this now, in future, any watch that is between 2-3k, u will just buy it. it is unlikely u will think twice.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Hi Bro Triton,

Actually very pai seh to post my dilemma, cos I reckon there are brothers here foot out the dough for any watch effortlessly while I am thinking so much for my first every, self finance, swiss watch, somemore it cost >10G.

Well to answer your qns, I really like both AND will definitely wana own both eventually at minimum as my PRIZED watches.. sorry lah.. its a humble man's budget. kekekeke (not suaning other brothers who can afford more than that hor).. I am hoping those two watches becomes my family heirloom to my kids...

the dilemma maybe is bcos its my first time buying a watch costing >2k, somemore >10k in this instance.

As you mentioned to me before, TT sub and IWC portuguese are different watches... I think I kana serverly intoxicated by you all liao lah.. thats why am having such a big headache.

I guess its more the worry in parting with that big sum for once on a single purchase and what would be the feeling after that..... (worst worry is that I may regret making this big expense)

But when I put both watches over my wrist (on two diff occassion), it felt good to see them both on my wrist on those occassion.

So confusing right?? Surely kana suan / scolded by bros here.. hahah

Originally posted by triton View Post
        which watch u like more?

r u afraid that you will make a wrong choice?

if you feel the pinch, then im more incline to think that you r buying this watch because you feel that this is a good deal not because u really want to own this piece @ this point in time. given a choice, with the same budget, you are likely to go for a TT sub.

if u r hesistant then dont go for it. 11k is not really a small sum of money to pay for a watch. however, if u pay for this now, in future, any watch that is between 2-3k, u will just buy it. it is unlikely u will think twice.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Hi Jazz_samz,

My first post....I think I should highlight something to you.

IWC is selling at a "premium" in Singapore I think. Reason being that a Port 7 days PR is going at USD8k+ (max SGD12k) with minimal bargaining in the US, NYC. I think SGD11.5 or even lower is not a problem, assuming SGD1.46/USD1. The 371701 which some local ADs (especially one) are reluctant to discount is also much cheaper in NYC. local list is about 7k if I am not wrong, but over there, it is around SGD5K.

Sorry to add to your dilemma. I also hunting a Port 5001 but i will wait till maybe July when I am in states to get it. Cos in Singapore, max I tried is 25% (that is when one is available in end Dec 07), very hot stuff, my AD called me but I rejected it cos I think it is more cost effective buying in NYC or even Malaysia if you can find the source, yes Malaysia. I think it is sold within the next 2 days. ADs only receive very limited pieces per year, maybe 2? Hopefully when I am in states in the later part of this year, the pricing and forex rate are still relatively the same.

Cheers!!

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
          Hi Bro Triton,

Actually very pai seh to post my dilemma, cos I reckon there are brothers here foot out the dough for any watch effortlessly while I am thinking so much for my first every, self finance, swiss watch, somemore it cost >10G.

Well to answer your qns, I really like both AND will definitely wana own both eventually at minimum as my PRIZED watches.. sorry lah.. its a humble man's budget. kekekeke (not suaning other brothers who can afford more than that hor).. I am hoping those two watches becomes my family heirloom to my kids...

the dilemma maybe is bcos its my first time buying a watch costing >2k, somemore >10k in this instance.

As you mentioned to me before, TT sub and IWC portuguese are different watches... I think I kana serverly intoxicated by you all liao lah.. thats why am having such a big headache.

I guess its more the worry in parting with that big sum for once on a single purchase and what would be the feeling after that..... (worst worry is that I may regret making this big expense)

But when I put both watches over my wrist (on two diff occassion), it felt good to see them both on my wrist on those occassion.

Comment

Hi Bro Triton,

no worries. i would say it is a big jump from 2 to 10.

since both of them u like. i suggest u get the IWC since harder to come by compared to TT sub
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Found this write up on the 5001 mechanism.. I think its pretty interesting for a newbie like me.. maybe boring to those who know IWC well.

Nevertheless, thought of sharing it with the brothers here...

CLICK ME

Enjoy

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Found this write up on the 5001 mechanism.. I think its pretty interesting for a newbie like me.. maybe boring to those who know IWC well.

Nevertheless, thought of sharing it with the brothers here...

CLICK ME

Enjoy
                Interesting article . thanks
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Went to view the pre-owned piece...

had the $$ in my pocket and was pretty excited to go view it..
                  Generally, I think it look good on my wrist.. (Chia lat) and I love the entire built and deign... Then took out eyepiece to scrutinise the finishing for blemish and damage... Seems like alot of hairline scratches that I reckon a good polish would remove, however I saw some deep chip on the edge between metal and sapphire crystal.. Felt very uncomfortable to pay this much for that and also worried its not "removable"
                  had this feeling that its not meant to be with this pre-owned... after much dilberation, I decided against the purchase.

Now contemplating to keep a look out for a better quality pre-owned OR bite the bullet deeper for a brand new piece... coincidentally I received a call from AD just before I left office to see this pre-owned.. they maybe a stock coming in early next week. so.. see how lah

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• Hey Daveevan, join us in this thread too...

Understand you are looking for a IW371701, The Pilot’s Watch Chrono-Automatic.
                    Me looking for IW500107, Portuguese Automatic.

Maybe we should go down together and then can pressure them for better discount? hahaha
                    PM me who do you go to and which THG kae? Cheers!

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Hey Daveevan, join us in this thread too...

Understand you are looking for a IW371701, The Pilot’s Watch Chrono-Automatic.
                      Me looking for IW500107, Portuguese Automatic.

Maybe we should go down together and then can pressure them for better discount? hahaha
                      think you can also conisder sincere as well. see how much discount they offer.

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                        Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                        Hey Daveevan, join us in this thread too...

Only THG at MW carries IWC. As for Sincere, can check out the one @ LP. Cortina @ Raffles City also has IWC. Have fun searching
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                          i know.. called a couple on FRIDAY when I was home on leave, but talk about service... when I called Sincere and Cortina, the Sincere at NAC (cha boh) is okay and promised to keep me on notice, told me they can't disclose discount over phone, come down surely can discuss and won't loose out to other AD. I think this is fine.
                          The Cortina boutique I called at Paragon, just told me no stock, uninterested to get my details.
                          Called Cortina Watch at MW, bloody realistic. Told me the price, now not stock, price okay he go find for me, not okay, then he "won't go thru the trouble" I quote. I F### the bugger told him, is this how u treat yr customer? Blasted him until he damn scared I lodge a huge complain. F### him further then slam the phone down on the looser. I actually told him that get me the watch then u tell me about your price, I aint interested even if you give me 50% when you can't promise delivery / commit when will the stock arrive. And he dare BAI JIA ZI. Felt damn good after blasting him.

So I will probably wait for MW THG or Cortina NAC. Since both gave me relative good service over the phone. MW THG salesman was intro by my THG NAC friend (rem I told you abt it?).

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                          Only THG at MW carries IWC. As for Sincere, can check out the one @ LP. Cortina @ Raffles City also has IWC. Have fun searching
                          Silly me for that mistake.. ya.. know that only MW carries IWC but still ask stupid qns. .

Learned to be more patient liao after talking so much with MP and Triton on this. kekeeke good brothers indeed. Hope to have a chance to buy you both KOPI.
                          Last edited by jazz_samz; 13-01-08, 11:32 PM. Reason: Made a typo error on the AD at NAC and Paragon

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• Daveevan, told me Salesman at MW THG to keep an eye out for you on your IW371701 interest. Told him If he gets in both, confirmed both transaction will go thru. Let you know when he brings good news to me

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• HI jazz_sam,

before u buy drop me a sms.I got a fren in HG, can give u bloody good price n good service. I always drop by n have a good chat with him.

HE was the one who told me omega may take back the dealership n do the retailing themselves.

Comment

• msgd u bro..

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                                - GMT IIc TT
                                - U1
                                - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X