No announcement yet.

I'm Loving my 3717

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The <S$1.5k that I refer to is the price difference between getting one with bracelet and one with leather. If you buy a bracelet on its own, then it would cost more....but then $2.5k is still way too much to pay.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys... there's one piece 3717 at JW Horological with bracelet... bout 1 year old... tempting man... the watch is growing on me day by day...

Comment

In my opinion, the original leather band, it is tappered from 21mm to 18mm at the buckle. It makes the IWC pin buckle looks small. Currently, I'm mounting the 3717 on a 22mm tappered to 20mm using another IWC buckle which looks much better.

Comment

I finally got my 3717!!!!!

Originally posted by jSkywalker View Post
          In my opinion, the original leather band, it is tappered from 21mm to 18mm at the buckle. It makes the IWC pin buckle looks small. Currently, I'm mounting the 3717 on a 22mm tappered to 20mm using another IWC buckle which looks much better.
          Guys,
          many thanks to all the kind advice. I have decided on the bracelet

After weeks of searching, returning to different shops when i was eyeing a 3717 and only to be told it was sold when I arrived ... I finally got mine last night!

It was a bit of deja vu cos the other potential buyer came into the shop after I agreed to buy and was already withdrawing cash. Now it was his turn to be disappointed... I know how he felt. Luckily I was there before him.

Now that I got my pilot chrono... time to take the pilot license and order the aeroplane to match the watch
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 1248614 View Post
            Guys,
            many thanks to all the kind advice. I have decided on the bracelet

After weeks of searching, returning to different shops when i was eyeing a 3717 and only to be told it was sold when I arrived ... I finally got mine last night!

It was a bit of deja vu cos the other potential buyer came into the shop after I agreed to buy and was already withdrawing cash. Now it was his turn to be disappointed... I know how he felt. Luckily I was there before him.

Now that I got my pilot chrono... time to take the pilot license and order the aeroplane to match the watch
            attach pic of watch
            http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...17BBF2_web.jpg

Comment

picture of Bro 1248614's IWC

Just copy the image code and paste here

Last edited by jazz_samz; 10-10-09, 01:56 PM.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Still remember the first I hold this watch. It is a chrono, the dial is so simple and yet so clear. It is powerful. One glance at it and all the info are there. Love it and treasure it.

Comment

Looking forward to getting a 371701. anyone knows where offers the best discount? quoted 15% at Cortina.

WA did offer 5k cash but alas, I want to buy it with POSB 0%. Less heart pain.

Comment

Originally posted by dStar View Post
                    Looking forward to getting a 371701. anyone knows where offers the best discount? quoted 15% at Cortina.

WA did offer 5k cash but alas, I want to buy it with POSB 0%. Less heart pain.
                    If you want to use credit card, usually can push to 17% discount. That is about the "max official discount" AD can give for IWC. Have you check out THG & Sincere? They can give a bit more disc than that if you want to use credit card...

I was also recently quoted $5k cash for 3717-01, that works out to be slightly over 30% disc since RRP is $7150. I think highly unlikely to get the watch at that price and still pay with credit card loh....

Comment

If you want to use credit card, usually can push to 17% discount. That is about the "max official discount" AD can give for IWC. Have you check out THG & Sincere? They can give a bit more disc than that if you want to use credit card...

I was also recently quoted $5k cash for 3717-01, that works out to be slightly over 30% disc since RRP is $7150. I think highly unlikely to get the watch at that price and still pay with credit card loh....
                      The last I checked, THG has no stock. Should be in this week or next though.
                      17% still close to 6K, may consider paying 5K cash since I can save close to 1k. Headache

Comment

How's your experience wearing the chrono bracelet thus far ?

Any stories to share?

Comment

The bracelet is comfortable but will take many tries to varies the length on each side to get the "perfect" fit.

In my opinion, it is a tad too broad. Anyway, I'm mounting my on a leather band now and safe-keeping the bracelet. I felt that watchwes more than 40mm looks much better on leather band rather than bracelet because the braceelt makes it looks bulky.

Comment

Originally posted by ewong View Post
                            How's your experience wearing the chrono bracelet thus far ?

Any stories to share?

Happy to share my personal experience after getting my hands on one recently.

Although some purists may suggest that a pilot watch looks best on leather strap, I thoroughly enjoy my 3717 in bracelet. For starters, the bracelet looks distinctively unique (at least to me!) and it hugs the wrist nicely because each link is much smaller than your regular bracelet

When I was scouting for my 3717, I tried both the leather and bracelet ones... almost immediately, my heart and my head tell me to go for the bracelet. It really depends which version 'talks' to you.

You should go to the watch shop and try it on, you will be surprise how well it fits and how good it looks! There are a couple of other guys who also own it in bracelet, their experience may differ. But for me, it has become my daily wear to office watch (alternate days swap with the SD ) Plus in SG type of weather, bracelet also makes sense

my only gripe is that the clasp does not give me the reassuring 'click' sound when I close it... it is their inherent design... but rest assured, once you fold the clasp, it will close the bracelet. Just a personal preference to hear the 'click' sound

Other gripe is my leather strapped watches are getting lesser wrist time these days... but that's just me I guess! Good luck with your search, when the right piece at the right price shows up, just pull the trigger cos there are many others waiting in the line...

Comment

Happy to share my personal experience after getting my hands on one recently.

Although some purists may suggest that a pilot watch looks best on leather strap, I thoroughly enjoy my 3717 in bracelet. For starters, the bracelet looks distinctively unique (at least to me!) and it hugs the wrist nicely because each link is much smaller than your regular bracelet

When I was scouting for my 3717, I tried both the leather and bracelet ones... almost immediately, my heart and my head tell me to go for the bracelet. It really depends which version 'talks' to you.

You should go to the watch shop and try it on, you will be surprise how well it fits and how good it looks! There are a couple of other guys who also own it in bracelet, their experience may differ. But for me, it has become my daily wear to office watch (alternate days swap with the SD ) Plus in SG type of weather, bracelet also makes sense

my only gripe is that the clasp does not give me the reassuring 'click' sound when I close it... it is their inherent design... but rest assured, once you fold the clasp, it will close the bracelet. Just a personal preference to hear the 'click' sound

Other gripe is my leather strapped watches are getting lesser wrist time these days... but that's just me I guess! Good luck with your search, when the right piece at the right price shows up, just pull the trigger cos there are many others waiting in the line...
                              Actually I got mine in Sep 09...also a bracelet. Soon it was the talk of the town even though I kept quiet about it. There were colleagues coming up to me and asking about the watch. The watch just captures people's attention. What a testament to its timeless design! Definitely lots of brand recognition

Comment

Originally posted by ewong View Post
                                Actually I got mine in Sep 09...also a bracelet. Soon it was the talk of the town even though I kept quiet about it. There were colleagues coming up to me and asking about the watch. The watch just captures people's attention. What a testament to its timeless design! Definitely lots of brand recognition
                                oh, so I was preaching to the converted! My side more low key, guess none of my colleagues knew much bout time pieces... one of them once saw my Zenith and commented... "are you wearing a Russian watch? I saw the Star..."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X