X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing straps for a AP carbon case

Hi,

Need some advice from the lao jiao here

Received my OEM AP rubber straps over the weekend. Feeling excited and thought of changing it on my own to have a new feel and look. Only upon to realise that the screws are expectionally small and impossible to do it on my own (since I have the normal spectacles screw drivers).

Brought it down to a reputable shop, Si*****, hoping that they can help. One of the sale executive took the watch and straps, walk into a closed door, came out within a min and apologise profusely saying that as much as they want to help, they do not have the 'special tools' for the screws coz my model is of carbon case.

Need to ask:

1. Where and who else can help to change the straps other than AP service centre?

2. If go to AP service centre, will they charge and are they willing to help if it's an OEM straps?

Thanks!

Please go to Ap service centre and let the professionals do it.
    FOC if your strap is original, no 3rd parties strap.
    If is 3rd party strap then i recommend Jwwatch.

Comment

Originally posted by bamdazzle View Post
      Please go to Ap service centre and let the professionals do it.
      FOC if your strap is original, no 3rd parties strap.
      If is 3rd party strap then i recommend Jwwatch.
      Thanks bamdazzle.

Any other recommendation? JWwatch seems to open only 2 days out of 7.

Comment

You would need 2 screwdrivers. Either 1.4 or 1.6mm depending on model. One on each side. Do not attempt if you're not confident cos you might slip and scratch your watch case. Bring it to APsc. Takes 10 mins and it's free if your strap is genuine.
        1 3 5
        ├┼┼╕
        2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
          You would need 2 screwdrivers. Either 1.4 or 1.6mm depending on model. One on each side. Do not attempt if you're not confident cos you might slip and scratch your watch case. Bring it to APsc. Takes 10 mins and it's free if your strap is genuine.
          Thanks for the advice.

Anything that I should look out for if I decided to explore and change the strap on my own?

Comment

you will also need a spring bar tool if your strap is using a tang buckle.
            for me, i feel that 1.6mm provide more grip than 1.4mm.

Comment

Originally posted by internetbuyer View Post
              you will also need a spring bar tool if your strap is using a tang buckle.
              for me, i feel that 1.6mm provide more grip than 1.4mm.
              Many thanks for all the great advices. Will go get proper watchmaker tools before DIY.

Cheers

Comment

Best to bring it into AP to change as you might potentially damage the screws as well.... assuming that the watch hasn't had a strap change before, there is loctite applied which makes the strap change more challenging

Comment

Originally posted by monstaR View Post
                  Best to bring it into AP to change as you might potentially damage the screws as well.... assuming that the watch hasn't had a strap change before, there is loctite applied which makes the strap change more challenging
                  Wa lau eh...really quite laychey. Noted and appreciate the advice.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X