X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allan View Post
    why you dont like? i prefer the black dial to this white dial le

but my favourite is still the best WG BP
    wow bro... WG BP... stunning dial.... when can we expect to see the wrist shot...

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
      wow bro... WG BP... stunning dial.... when can we expect to see the wrist shot...
      yeah the dial is stunning, i dont have the WG one la..... mine is SS

Comment

btw BP owners, any of you find the watch abit too big? or the strap abit too long?

just now i go richemont ask for the shorter strap, it is only shorter by only about 1cm, not much use

i am currently using the 3rd last hole, but dunno is the strap still very new, dont feel very comfortable

Comment

is it cheap to buy the BP from airport where its tax free? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
            i never really like BP. but fate as it, i am always offered a BP many many times asking for trades. but i must admit this japan edition very pretty. y no 1 offer me this model as trade? haha really nice this model

the crown like very big mei, but the japan edition power lei.

Comment

What the Fish...

Hi I find both BPs 5002 and 5004 very nice depending on the wearer and occasion :

The earlier 5002 has a antique tobacco dial with a white border for the date window at the 6 o'clock position and that signature brown buffalo strap. The overall look is rugged and military in style, appealing to the adventurous spirit. In fact, this model was featured on the model's wrist for the Polo Ralph Lauren Explorer Ads :

Next, the 5004 has a classy black dial with a discreet date window that has no outlined border coupled with the dressed up black croc strap. In addition, the 5004's power reserve sub-dial has its 7 day reserve marking in red colour on the 1 day segment. Overall, it looks more sophisticated and would match a business suit better.

Lastly, as to the crown difference, IWC changed the fish crown to the Probus Scafusia crown when they changed from the 18k beats to the 21.6k beats movement before releasing the 5004 models. At the same time, there was also a revision made on the crown tube to address a damage trend that seemed to occur only with the original 5002 fish crowns. It was discovered that on many early 5002 releases, the crown tube tended to slide inside the case thus preventing the fish crown from screwing-in properly. When this feedback surfaced, apparently IWC replaced the fish crowns with the Probus crowns. As such, some 5002's with the Probus crown may very well be the last batches of 18k watches. So would it soon be a matter of time when owners of the earlier 5002 with fish crowns start to suffer the same fate?

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
              Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
              Watch your words, for they become actions.
              Watch your actions, for they become habits.
              Watch your habits, for they become character.
              Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

BP is really a beautiful watch... One of my TO BUY watches....
                PAM 233K :woohoo:
                IWC BP 5004 :D
                Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
                Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

A shootout btw the 5002 & 5004 : )

Hi, to better illustrate the 2 BPs' unique charm (or poison) and appeal :

Btw, even celebs like the queen of caldecott hill has herself been photographed wearing a BP5002 following the big dial trend among gals. But then again it could actually be Phillip Chionh's watch :

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
                  Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

Comment

How's the value retention for a BP? Does a SS or WG hold better value?
                    WISHLIST
                    Yachtmaster2 116688
                    Sky Dweller
                    AP ROO Black Theme
                    WG Submariner

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder007 View Post
                      How's the value retention for a BP? Does a SS or WG hold better value?
                      IMO, the BP is iconic whether its the 5002 or 5004 or other special themed editions. Its well-recognised features are largely based on the World War II era military and pilot watches. In fact, such is its appeal that even the case shape and dial design is seen in other makes as well.

So its retentive value is rather solid and the pre-loved specimens never even dipped to a 4 figure sum at the low of the global financial crisis. It now looks like the asking price is $15-16k.

I feel the SS vs WG dilemma is like that of the Daytona. SS seems to be in higher demand whether new or pre-owned and demand sustains value.

But if you can acquire a WG one with min damage, why not? It would feel heavier and may suit some better than others. Even the Rose Gold version looks good! Dun forget there is BP in paltinum and titanium too.

Comment

Thanks Taipan for sharing.
                        WISHLIST
                        Yachtmaster2 116688
                        Sky Dweller
                        AP ROO Black Theme
                        WG Submariner

Comment

No worries

Originally posted by Vedder007 View Post
                          Thanks Taipan for sharing.
                          Hi vedder007, you are welcome. Hope it helps in your valuation or purchase. Reality helps us keep prices sane. But it also matters if that piece you admire speaks to your heart. Dun forget that the same applies for the next person who may badly want to buy your watch from you!

Comment

Looks really nice!! "pre-loved specimen"... I like this phrase

Comment

IWC Big Pilot

Originally posted by Taipan View Post
                              IMO, the BP is iconic whether its the 5002 or 5004 or other special themed editions. Its well-recognised features are largely based on the World War II era military and pilot watches. In fact, such is its appeal that even the case shape and dial design is seen in other makes as well.

So its retentive value is rather solid and the pre-loved specimens never even dipped to a 4 figure sum at the low of the global financial crisis. It now looks like the asking price is $15-16k.

/iwc_st_exupery_big_pilots.jpg[/IMG]

Hi Guys

Just get back from one of the shop located in Centerpoint, there are quoting SGD$17,600 after 17% discount max.

IS that a reasonable price and possible to get a better price elsewhere in SGP or KL.

Please advise…

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusTSK View Post
                                Hi Guys

Just get back from one of the shop located in Centerpoint, there are quoting SGD$17,600 after 17% discount max.

IS that a reasonable price and possible to get a better price elsewhere in SGP or KL.

Please advise…
                                With the opening of the IWC boutique at ION Orchard, understand that AD discounts have been reduced to 17% max.

You might have better luck with lower prices on the grey market
                                My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
                                IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
                                IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
                                IWC 500401 Big Pilot
                                PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
                                PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
                                PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
                                Sinn UBlack

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X