No announcement yet.

Advise needed : Is this acceptable???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think "wolfeyes1974" had a similar or worse case than yours over a Zenith watch. I recalled he'd shared with us here. You can search and read up. If not, try PM him if you need 'guidance'.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by deslene View Post
      Thanks for all the inputs... Appreciate it. The Customer Service Manager called n asked what can they do to "compensate" me. I have told her that I would choose to hv a replacement watch, of another model. They hv yet to reply. Of cos I don't really think they will do that, but I will like to hear from everyone who had this kind of mishap before & know what sort of outcome to expect. Thanks
      i've never bought a brand new watch from AD in singapore, but i have done so overseas a few times. (you can actually return a product overseas)

i once had a patek that had mainspring problems. couldn't keep much power despite wearing it and winding it. it took almost 9 months although patek has a preference for servicing "new" watches over out of warranty watches.

i asked for an extra year of warranty and was given it, but only through patek USA (wholly owned by the family that owns patek geneva) instead of worldwide - although i suspect this can be negotiated if i wanted to.

unfortunately the watch gave me such bad memories i sold it as soon as it came back from the job. this was my worst experience and i stopped buying patek for some time after that - and only after a lot of research and i don't buy new models with unproven movements.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        I think "wolfeyes1974" had a similar or worse case than yours over a Zenith watch. I recalled he'd shared with us here. You can search and read up. If not, try PM him if you need 'guidance'.
        ahhh Zenith...yes yes....I sent it in 5 times for servicing because the watch stopped. It's away from me for about 9 months. The first 2 or 3 times - they sent it back to Switzerland for a total span of 6 months. Came back and it stopped again after I wore it for few days. Sent it in again and it went back to Switzerland, came back again after 2 months and they claimed they've replaced it with a new movement. Ironically, when I picked it up from the local service centre, it stopped again right in front of the customer service and technician. This was then I spoke to the brand manager and asked for a brand new watch with extended warranty. They finally agreed and I got a new watch a week later.

During the discussion, the brand manager and technician asked me if I played golf with it or was involved in some vigorous exercise. I told them I didn't know how to golf and if they consider desk diving as rough handling then i'm guilty. Besides, I told them that this chunky piece of metal cannot even withstand "normal" sport activities the why market as a "sports" watch?

anyway, I sold the new Zenith watch right after I got it...I've lost faith in this brand completely.
        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV
        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Think you can respond in the thread shy from a watch brand stating as bad experience

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
          ahhh Zenith...yes yes....I sent it in 5 times for servicing because the watch stopped. It's away from me for about 9 months. The first 2 or 3 times - they sent it back to Switzerland for a total span of 6 months. Came back and it stopped again after I wore it for few days. Sent it in again and it went back to Switzerland, came back again after 2 months and they claimed they've replaced it with a new movement. Ironically, when I picked it up from the local service centre, it stopped again right in front of the customer service and technician. This was then I spoke to the brand manager and asked for a brand new watch with extended warranty. They finally agreed and I got a new watch a week later.

During the discussion, the brand manager and technician asked me if I played golf with it or was involved in some vigorous exercise. I told them I didn't know how to golf and if they consider desk diving as rough handling then i'm guilty. Besides, I told them that this chunky piece of metal cannot even withstand "normal" sport activities the why market as a "sports" watch?

anyway, I sold the new Zenith watch right after I got it...I've lost faith in this brand completely.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

.. there's Scary Movie and this Scary Story
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Wow... Thanks for sharing all the bad experiences... Regardless of the brand, the problems, I think it's definitely not acceptable that we encounter such defects from them.

Comment

I had a 3 months old watch that's needed to be send to Swatch group for repair 3 times!
                In no way I abused this brand new watch as it was my 1st luxury watch bought from reputable AD.

The watch was returned to me twice without even opened the caseback ( I know cos of the red dot still intact on the caseback)

Anyway, on the 3rd and last time I send it back to swatch group. I had took a video of the watch stoppage and informed them I'll be posting this clip on youtube.

Finally, watch been overhaul and cames back fine.

Good luck with yours!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X