Advise needed : Is this acceptable???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise needed : Is this acceptable???

Hi everyone, if you purchase a XXX brand watch that cost ard $12,000, n something happened to its YYY casing, n u send it back to its boutique to check it out what went wrong. They sent the watch back to it factory n said they will replaced the faulty YYY case n replace some additional parts plus servicing, all FOC, but have to wait 4 months. About 2-3 months had passed, its Customer Service Manager called n said that the collection of my watch will be delayed for another 2-3 months. Will u be able to accept that? What will u do? Ask for compensation? Thanks in advance...

understand the frustration of waiting up to 6 months...i think the 4 months quoted to you is probably an estimation given, and i don't think the service center is obliged to compensate you. what is the reason given to you for the delay?
    elusive

Comment

Its wasn't an estimation when they told me 3-4 months. N no reasons were given for the additional delay. Feeling damn pissed with them right now.

Comment

Originally posted by deslene View Post
        Its wasn't an estimation when they told me 3-4 months. N no reasons were given for the additional delay. Feeling damn pissed with them right now.
        i think u should at least question them about the delay and escalate the matter up the chain to get their attention if you are feeling unhappy... no point just moping around & feeling upset.
        elusive

Comment

Hi everyone, if you purchase a XXX brand watch that cost ard $12,000, n something happened to its YYY casing, n u send it back to its boutique to check it out what went wrong. They sent the watch back to it factory n said they will replaced the faulty YYY case n replace some additional parts plus servicing, all FOC, but have to wait 4 months. About 2-3 months had passed, its Customer Service Manager called n said that the collection of my watch will be delayed for another 2-3 months. Will u be able to accept that? What will u do? Ask for compensation? Thanks in advance...
          sounds normal. ask for an extended warranty. they will accede to your request. compensation is out of the question.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
            sounds normal. ask for an extended warranty. they will accede to your request. compensation is out of the question.
            So u think that's normal, n u will accept that?

Comment

I will ask for a new watch if just purchased. Did that once on a cartier. It's on the same day of purchase so can do.

If already sent in for a while, will be quite hard to wriggle out a new piece. Best bet is just extension of warranty and free coffee IMO. But will be very pissed.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Consumers are protected by " Lemon Law ". You should file a report to CASE.
                They have to replace or refund.

Comment

nt acceptable definitely but what can we do?

Comment

Sorry to hear about this but just to be clear - you purchased the watch new from AD/boutique right?
                    How soon after purchase did fault arise?
                    If new and fault arose within 1 month - I would actually ask for new watch altogether...
                    On delay of 2-3 months on top of 4 months quoted - I will be bothered but give them benefit of doubt that they are addressing the fault diligently.
                    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                    three times is enemy action and
                    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                    ."

Comment

So u think that's normal, n u will accept that?
                      yes, i will, if they extended the warranty. otherwise, no, i won't accept it.
                      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Derick View Post
                        Consumers are protected by " Lemon Law ". You should file a report to CASE.
                        They have to replace or refund.
                        The Lemon Law does not obligate business to "replace or refund". The Lemon Law obligates business to repair, replace, refund or reduce the price of the defective goods. Such law applies when goods do not conform to the sales contract or quality at the time of delivery, but the court will presume that a defect reported within six months of delivery existed at the time of delivery.

In the case of TS, assuming it is not covered by the Lemon Law, an extended warranty is a reasonable demand IMO based on the long duration taken for the repair (only if it is still under warranty).

Acceptable or not acceptable is an emotional thing, and I believe anyone who spend $12K will not accept such a situation. What one can do about such thing, is then a matter of contract and law. Goodwill from the business does exist, if you are lucky.
                        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Allow me to add the following for the sake of completeness...

If the business is unable to provide repair within a reasonable time and without causing significant inconvenience to the consumer, the consumer may demand an alternative remedy, i.e. a replacement, reduction in price or a refund.

The issue is with defining what "reasonable time" and "significant inconvenience" are, as such details are not spelled out under the Lemon Law due to the huge diversity of the goods covered under such law. The court (not CASE) will then has to determine on a case-by-case basis.
                          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

ok lets summarize this. 12K spend, person is eager to wear, the product delivered is faulty, He is assured of quick service. now the service also "dosnt keep time"
                            I would not delay further and ask for a replacement of the goods immediately. if no replacement seek legal remedy.I have been at the receiving end of this and has to part with my watch ($39,000) in this case for 6 months, excuse given watch is complicated and needs to go to switzerland , after repeated follow ups and escalations finally got the watch at the end of 6 months. Guess they would have delayed had i not followed up ..

Comment

Thanks for all the inputs... Appreciate it. The Customer Service Manager called n asked what can they do to "compensate" me. I have told her that I would choose to hv a replacement watch, of another model. They hv yet to reply. Of cos I don't really think they will do that, but I will like to hear from everyone who had this kind of mishap before & know what sort of outcome to expect. Thanks

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X