Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2. The new GX compound to replace C3 in Lüm-Tec 2009 models...super bright

GX luminous pigments

In the quest for the BRIGHTEST lume and LONGEST lume time as requested by many collectors, Lüm-Tec has a new custom pigment made for them to be used in all 2009 models with C3 lume.

MDV technology remains unchanged!

This is for the brightest lume, and glows for over 24 hours! The grain size is 15-20um, so it applies silky smooth like C3.

It´s equal in color (slightly more white when dried), grain size, brightness, and application ease to Tritec grade A C3, and it has a longer afterglow effect - brighter glowing than standard Tritec C3.
    It´s made directly in USA.

Lüm-Tec GX luminous pigments will be applied in all 2009 models instead C3 ( Tritec ) .

During the day,

When glow, comparing with C3

Even the orange lume models will also be replaced with a brighter, longer lasting NoctiLumina OY3 lume, instead of the TriTec's version!
    [I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Interesting...

So which of the models will comes with this new lume?

Comment

Models with the new GX lume

Actually most of the models in 2009 series are with this new lume, except for those with blue or orange or the full lume dials.

For easy glance, maybe I just post some of the pictures of the models with the lume. For some models, are just photoshop images as months are required to make the actual case mold.

Tungsten (Wolfram) case models with Seiko NH25A11J auto movement (very scratch-resistant and heat resistant. only Diamond can scratch it)

M6

M8 (Real Carbon Fiber)

Lumzilla (with Seiko movement as above, 50mm wide, 17mm thick!!! super massive)

LZ1

LZ2

Combat B automatic series (43mm with Seiko movement as above)

B2

B3

Bullhead series (Japan Quartz, 45mm, lifetime battery replacement)

A1

A4

M quartz chrono series (44mm)

M13

M14
      [I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Hey buddy,
        nice range of watches. Im particularly interested in the Tungsten range. Do u know wat kind of tungsten its made of? i presumed its an alloy of sorts since pure tungsten is nearly impossible to work with. I really hope its tungsten carbide. Im asking this cos ive bought a few watches that claim to be made of tungsten carbide and didn't turn out as good as i expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Halycon View Post
          Hey buddy,
          nice range of watches. Im particularly interested in the Tungsten range. Do u know wat kind of tungsten its made of? i presumed its an alloy of sorts since pure tungsten is nearly impossible to work with. I really hope its tungsten carbide. Im asking this cos ive bought a few watches that claim to be made of tungsten carbide and didn't turn out as good as i expected.
          Hi Halycon

You do know about tungsten pretty well.. Yes indeed it's not 100% pure tungsten, as it is very brittle and defeats the purpose of being "scratch-resistant" or "strong".

I am not an expert metallurgist, but this is what it has been discussed and confirmed.

Manufacture came back with these specs: 88% pure tungsten 12% carbide to keep it strong. Properties will be the same as pure tungsten besides the strength factor.

By the way, this is NOT tungsten-carbide COATED, but the whole case is made of tungsten+carbide. (Even the bracelet is also made of WC)

Oh mohs scale, WC has the same rating as sapphire. WC has a hardness of 8.5-9.5 on the Moh's scale whereas pure W has a hardness of 6 or so.

The guys at Lum-Tec has been working very hard to get the best WC, I am sure it will not be some low quality material. Pictures of the tungsten watch is unavailable as yet, as it takes months to produce the mold and specs. That being said, it should be end of this month that the first live mold is ready. I am too eager to see it myself!!

Also, as these are all limited pieces, they are going really fast especially the M8-with real carbon fiber dial.

Comment

hi watchwerkz,
            thanks for the prompt reply, much appreciated. So is that the official statement? 88% tungsten 12% carbide? Tungsten on its own is not really that tough a material for a watch case and it weighs a ton. It is the chemically heated product, Tungsten carbide that is hardest. I wish the carbide content is higher though. Adding a mere 12% carbide to tungsten will do little to improve the hardness scale to those similar to carbide integrity. nonetheless its still a very good lookin watch. Will keep a close eye on this. Thanks.

Comment

Lumtec watches are very nice looking esp that B1 combat... do we get it cheaper here than order str8 from the website? The watches are a bit pricy for me..

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
                Lumtec watches are very nice looking esp that B1 combat... do we get it cheaper here than order str8 from the website? The watches are a bit pricy for me..
                Ask watchwerkz jie jie lor...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
                  Yes cheaper...I will PM you...

Comment

Originally posted by Halycon View Post
                    hi watchwerkz,
                    thanks for the prompt reply, much appreciated. So is that the official statement? 88% tungsten 12% carbide? Tungsten on its own is not really that tough a material for a watch case and it weighs a ton. It is the chemically heated product, Tungsten carbide that is hardest. I wish the carbide content is higher though. Adding a mere 12% carbide to tungsten will do little to improve the hardness scale to those similar to carbide integrity. nonetheless its still a very good lookin watch. Will keep a close eye on this. Thanks.
                    Oh, I am not sure why 12% carbide, I believe this is what is recommended by the manufacture who is making the tungsten cases and bracelets for them.

But if it's going to be say 50% carbide, I guess they should call it DLC watch? which is sooo hard..and the price will probably go up by 2 factor.

FYI, the M8 with carbon fiber dial is already reserved out, so looks like I only have very limited pieces here.

But yeah, when the watches arrive in early June most likely, we can do a gathering/viewing session.

Comment

are there any watches with the new lume that is smaller in size?

e.g. 42m or below? me have small wrist
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Lumtec C 38mm automatic series

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                        are there any watches with the new lume that is smaller in size?

e.g. 42m or below? me have small wrist
                        got..the 38mm C series lor.. movement is a vintage Soviet automatic, that is more than 80+ hours power reserve.

Lug width is 19mm.

http://www.watchwerkz.com.sg/lumtecC1.php

http://www.watchwerkz.com.sg/lumtecC2.php

http://www.watchwerkz.com.sg/lumtecC3.php

http://www.watchwerkz.com.sg/lumtecC4.php

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X