Wonder why watch aficionados still prefer smaller sized watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder why watch aficionados still prefer smaller sized watches

I read a few articles recently and realized that watch aficionados around the world still prefer 39mm/40mm sized watches. Wonder why?

Personally, I prefer 42mm/44mm.

Depends on wrist size, I have smaller wrist so prefer max 40mm

Comment

Originally posted by quacker View Post
      I read a few articles recently and realized that watch aficionados around the world still prefer 39mm/40mm sized watches. Wonder why?

based on your understanding after reading those articles, are you implying indirectly that people who prefer 42mm & above sized watches are not watch aficionados?? Haha

Anyway I also wonder why some people prefer big case watches when their wrist sizes are not compatible

Well many reasons (excuses to buy). Brand, prestige, watch/dial design, fashion trend, got tonnes of financial juice to spend, movement, strong marketing, etc..
      在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Well, it's personal preference.

I like 40/42/44 mm.

Depends on design. Nowadays I can't stand less than 40mm watch although I have a small wrist.
        Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
        Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
        Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
        Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
        Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
        Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
        Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
        Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
        Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
        Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

Originally posted by kelvin_koh View Post
          Well, it's personal preference.

I like 40/42/44 mm.

Depends on design. Nowadays I can't stand less than 40mm watch although I have a small wrist.
          Same here. However, that said, I have seen some big caucasian men with big wrist wearing a 39mm Patek.

Comment

Originally posted by alantannottam View Post
            based on your understanding after reading those articles, are you implying indirectly that people who prefer 42mm & above sized watches are not watch aficionados?? Haha

Anyway I also wonder why some people prefer big case watches when their wrist sizes are not compatible

Well many reasons (excuses to buy). Brand, prestige, watch/dial design, fashion trend, got tonnes of financial juice to spend, movement, strong marketing, etc..
            Haha, like I mentioned, I prefer 42mm & above sized watches and I am a watch aficionado myself.

Comment

Actually, I thought the preference nowadays has moved towards preference for bigger sized watches (42 - 44mm).

I am obviously wrong.

Comment

It's not the aficionados who prefer smaller sized watches. It's the traditionalists
                "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Originally posted by Tricolore View Post
                  It's not the aficionados who prefer smaller sized watches. It's the traditionalists

Comment

It is simply a matter of personal preference. Some like to follow trends, some like to wear what they like. No fixed rule.

Comment

I used to only like small sized watches... but recently growing to appreciate larger watches.

Comment

I prefer my dress watches around 40mm as they would fit into my french cuffs. I guess the watch looks nicer half hidden

As for my weekend bermuda & polo, I am ok if it stretches to 45mm or even 46mm, like a Fifty Fathoms or Big Pilot.
                        I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                        Alfa 33
                        Alfa 147
                        Alfa GT
                        Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                        Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

I am trying to find a weekend watch recently... and is fiddling between the idea of a bell and ross or a U boat...

but the concern is, I don't think I want a PVD coated case... and honestly... those 2 brands... I cant really tell if I can make out if its fake. that's if I buy it preown of course.

Comment

Hmm for me its really about the balance and wear-ability of the watch. My wrists are about 7inches and I generally find that anything from 38-40mm hits the sweet spot where the watch has enough presence but its presence does not impede or distract me from my everyday activities and movements.

When I wore anything larger than 44mm I was constantly aware of the watch and it really just grated on my nerves akin to something on the peripheral of your vision.

In addition, 40mm is sort of the most versatile size, i.e., its still small enough to be used as a dress watch and still big enough to be a sports watch. Though there are many that argue 39mm is the true magic number =D

Originally posted by quacker View Post

My Tumblr
                            -------------------
                            http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Guess, the same is true for ladies nowadays. No more small sized watches.

Recently spotted two ladies wearing Rolex; one wearing a DSSD, the other a HULK.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X