Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
    Since you ask...don't waste time/money.

For watches I look for 3 things: design, technology (could be movement or case/other part of watch), and brand prestige (this one comes with a price so not always a must). Price is of course a key factor but that's more about one's affordability as it's hard to equate watch with $ worth. Your that what-what-what brand watch doesn't pass my 3 criteria.

For cheap watches, I am not so persistent with the above, hehe.
    Ludwig designs the Freak and is an innovative watchmaker.

He also designs MIH and MIH Annual Calendar looks pretty similar to Sinn (if you like Sinn, probably you'll appreciate brauhaus style).

Ochs und Junior watch is probably known to WIS and having an annual calendar in ETA movements means lower servicing cost. Eventually, Ochs und Junior may be using UN calibre.

The brand may be new, relatively unknown to many but the company has been around since 2001 or earlier if i'm not mistaken (taking into consideration the time when Ludwig introduced MIH into the market). Small watch output means more exclusivity.

Ochs und Junior watches are unique really. I like them...cost will set one back by $10K but it'll be fun and a novelty to own a customized watch.

Cheers

James
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post

He also designs MIH and MIH Annual Calendar looks pretty similar to Sinn (if you like Sinn, probably you'll appreciate brauhaus style).

Ochs und Junior watch is probably known to WIS and having an annual calendar in ETA movements means lower servicing cost. Eventually, Ochs und Junior may be using UN calibre.

The brand may be new, relatively unknown to many but the company has been around since 2001 or earlier if i'm not mistaken (taking into consideration the time when Ludwig introduced MIH into the market). Small watch output means more exclusivity.

Ochs und Junior watches are unique really. I like them...cost will set one back by $10K but it'll be fun and a novelty to own a customized watch.

Cheers

James
      Thanks for sharing James! Obviously I am no WIS by your definition

Learned something new today (although I still don't like that brand of watch).
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

O&J watches give me sort of Alain Silberstien feel ( contemporary with quirky look IMO ).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          Thanks for sharing James! Obviously I am no WIS by your definition

Learned something new today (although I still don't like that brand of watch).
          nah mate. dun take it this way pls. dunno a brand doesn't make u a non-WIS or make u one. besides, no big deal if one is considered WIS or not anyway. we're in it cos of interest and passion. everyone has to start off as be a non-WIS until they research more to satisfy their curiosity. i'm still a non-WIS too since I dunno a whole lot of other watches/brands and their makes.

have a good weekend! : )
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post

Cheers

James
            You certainly know your stuff.

Comment

i couldn't contribute to this thread due to being away for quite some time... i've been their customer since 2011 and here's my take:

i have three annos from ochs und junior. two are anno 39s. no price difference between 39mm and 41mm.

it is difficult to justify the purchase if you compare the price of it to what you can buy. if you do, you may as well stop reading here.

their watches are SGD 10k+++ (gst, shipping and misc fees) shipped to your door. more in silver. much more in gold.

but in the world of independent horology, 10k is an acceptable price for entry.

the watch is not that light weight although cased in titanium. probably due to the brass plate used inside.

but as with all independents... you can customize it any which way you like... it all depends on how deep your pockets are.

the look is distinctly german'esque... very bauhaus. some people like it, some people don't. i love it.

it flies under the radar and nobody has a clue what it is... neither will they care.

there's no need to look down on the 2824... it's honestly bullet proof out of the box and infinitely serviceable.

all ochs und junior watches come with a lifetime warranty and so that's even more reassuring.

for those that feel it is slightly thick (like me)... there will be a new model coming out next spring that is much much thinner (but it is not an annual calendar).