No announcement yet.

Anyone heard of Ochs und Junior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technically he never left UN as UN is backing Dr Lud in his solo adventure. Hahaha
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
      Technically he never left UN as UN is backing Dr Lud in his solo adventure. Hahaha
      UN is now one of the shareholders in Ochs. As ETA no longer supplies its movements to third parties, I read that UN's presence is required to supply Ochs with the ETA movements it (Ochs) requires to build its simple but unique watches. I also read that Ochs has built a prototype using UN's movements.

Such a fascinating company. The story behind Ochs and how it builds its watches is simply fascinating. Have a read if you have the time. I am more intrigued with Ochs the company then the watch. But of course the watch is fascinating as well.

Comment

I already read that sometime back with pics of the studio with contemporary furniture inside if I recall correctly... But good to recall now that u mention it again. I suspect sincere will carry their watch if the watch company has not done so.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
          I already read that sometime back with pics of the studio with contemporary furniture inside if I recall correctly... But good to recall now that u mention it again. I suspect sincere will carry their watch if the watch company has not done so.
          The unique thing about this company is that the watches are only sold at Oxloft in Lucerne. So, if you intend to get one, you can either get it online or fly to Lucerne. It is not available anywhere else. All sales are attended to by the owner personally (so I am told) - top service and they produce only 300 pieces a year.

Comment

Originally posted by quacker View Post
            The unique thing about this company is that the watches are only sold at Oxloft in Lucerne. So, if you intend to get one, you can either get it online or fly to Lucerne. It is not available anywhere else. All sales are attended to by the owner personally (so I am told) - top service and they produce only 300 pieces a year.
            I think you mean personalised service, or in what way is having the customers to fly in and self collect the watch a "top service"?

You give me the impression you are really easy to please sort of customer
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              I think you mean personalised service, or in what way is having the customers to fly in and self collect the watch a "top service"?

You give me the impression you are really easy to please sort of customer
              It is both personalised and top service.

By top service, I meant you are attended to by the owner personally and they will offer you an expresso freshly brewed by their 1966 Gaggia machine (so it is both personalised and top service). Anyways, I was told that their service is impeccable, hence "top service".

You give me the impression that you are a difficult sort of customer to please and the next question asked will be "why is an expresso equated with top service?) ... Haha.

Comment

MIH I know. Nice design.

the something junior I never heard of.

be nice to have some pictures.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

You give me the impression that you are a difficult sort of customer to please and the next question asked will be "why is an expresso equated with top service?) ... Haha.
                  No lah, I'm no troll, haha!

点到为止 Have a nice weekend!

Comment

No lah, I'm no troll, haha!

点到为止 Have a nice weekend!
                    I am. Have a nice weekend ahead, bro. But seriously, what do you think of the watch?

Comment

I am. Have a nice weekend ahead, bro. But seriously, what do you think of the watch?
                      Since you ask...don't waste time/money.

For watches I look for 3 things: design, technology (could be movement or case/other part of watch), and brand prestige (this one comes with a price so not always a must). Price is of course a key factor but that's more about one's affordability as it's hard to equate watch with $ worth. Your that what-what-what brand watch doesn't pass my 3 criteria.

For cheap watches, I am not so persistent with the above, hehe.
                      Last edited by pegasi; 16-08-13, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Since you ask...don't waste time/money.

For watches I look for 3 things: design, technology (could be movement or case/other part of watch), and brand prestige (this one comes with a price so not always a must). Price is of course a key factor but that's more about one's affordability as it's hard to equate watch with $ worth. Your that what-what-what brand watch doesn't pass my 3 criteria.

For cheap watches, I am not so persistent with the above, hehe.
                        So, within the price range of say S$10k+, which watch would you recommend?

Comment

So, within the price range of say S$10k+, which watch would you recommend?
                          This question too general/wide, so I will not answer you. I believe there are threads asking similar question that you could refer to. Or you might want to create one with more specific preference and see if other members can share some opinions.

A quick advice from me would be to slowly research, find, and then narrow down the choices, and research and find again, go look-see-look-see, try-here-try-there, then decide on your own. Because the fun part is the journey of searching and hunting, not the destination.

Comment

This question too general/wide, so I will not answer you. I believe there are threads asking similar question that you could refer to. Or you might want to create one with more specific preference and see if other members can share some opinions.

A quick advice from me would be to slowly research, find, and then narrow down the choices, and research and find again, go look-see-look-see, try-here-try-there, then decide on your own. Because the fun part is the journey of searching and hunting, not the destination.
                            Bro, want your opinion mah ...

Ok, say within a price range of S$10k - S$15k, which watch would you go for? Haha... S$10-15k is my budget.

Comment

Bro, want your opinion mah ...

Ok, say within a price range of S$10k - S$15k, which watch would you go for? Haha... S$10-15k is my budget.
                              Too many choices for your budget, thus very hard to answer you. But if u insisted for a suggestion, get a Rolex/Panerai. :P

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
                                Too many choices for your budget, thus very hard to answer you. But if u insisted for a suggestion, get a Rolex/Panerai. :P
                                Haha... just wanted bro Pegasi's view of his choice for a watch within the range mentioned.

Already own 2 Rolexes and 1 Panerai.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X