Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thots/ comments on CYMA watches?

Hi bros

Any thots on CYMA? With looking at? Comparable to seiko?

Reason for asking ... Was recently poisoned by its latest chronograph watches- looks good.

any comments?

Comment

From my understanding it is also swiss made.... and has a long history. I wonder if it is worth considering?

Comment

any advice?

Comment

Check this out!

http://www.cyma.ch/collections/this-...on/25-Champion

Comment

The fact that there is not any comment so far tells you how cold this brand is. Yes it is once a respectable brand long long time ago but the fact that it is now only retailed in US and a few Asia countries tell you how far it has fallen. The range of brands carried by the City Chain stores does not help in Cyma's brand image either. Design wise, there are many other better choice imho.

Comparable to Seiko? Me say not. There are two very different animal but Seiko for me anytime between the two.

For the record, I bought a Cyma Regulateur during a City Chain sale years back but never bond with it and eventually sold it off.
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I had one piece, but crown broken.

City Chain need to takes about six to eight weeks to get it fix.

So just I put it aside till now.

=======

Comment

An old brand but not much impact...

Comment

Which model did u buy. By the way, disappointed with CYMA as many of its watch have dust trapped inside. I repeat.... Many. Demanded a refund straight away. But I must say the design with chrono looks cool Though.

Comment

Undeniably... history, it have. But cannot tahan along with times.

If we look back into the past, during the 80s, or early 90s, CYMA stands along with those classic local favorite labels such as MIDO, RADO and TITONI, when it comes to affordability and quality. However, all these gets screwed up when after CITYCHAIN becomes the sole distributor of the label, making it as their trump card of the organization by jacking up the prices such that they could boost the profile of the label. Certainly... the label becomes an instant luxury brand in local market, but yet to receive the same response as the 3 others, which had been in the hearts of SGreans for a generation or 2.

Look at the price of CYMAS in CITYCHAIN, and the kind of discounts they offer. I would rather go for more budget friendly makes under different labels than to pay for a CYMA with common movements i can find else where. Even if i can go for xpensive makes, TITONI, MIDO is still on my to get and consideration list.
                    So with lesser demand, lesser response, lesser production, highr cost... CYMA's cold days ahead is going to be longer.

To CITYCHAIN, it's CYMA. To ALL WATCHES, it's DREYFUSS, DAVOSA and Ernest BOREL.
                    These brands may capture attentions in China, HongKong and TAIWAN market, but in SG, no. Not after the agents wakes up to their idea.

Comment

Originally posted by AK28 View Post
                      Hi bros

Any thots on CYMA? With looking at? Comparable to seiko?

Reason for asking ... Was recently poisoned by its latest chronograph watches- looks good.
                      Tis watch was made popular to china mei meis by Andy lau, still a decent watch though.

Comment

CYMA + Andy Lau?
                        I couldn't recall any ads showing these 2 together.
                        I can recall Andy LAU's 天长地久 though...

Comment

Quality is good. Pricing at City Chain is high thou.

Comment

correct me if i am wrong.

The cyma brand is currently owned by Stelux International, Ltd,a Hong Kong-based holdings firm which invests primarily in fine jewellery and watches.

The owner of "City Chain" is Stelux International, making Cyma the house brand of City Chain
                            Last edited by ping3288; 27-08-13, 02:38 PM.
                            "The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...
                            the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind.
                            If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." ALBERT EINSTEIN (1879-1955)

Comment

Cyma has a long history but went downhill when cc carried it
                              I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                              Alfa 33
                              Alfa 147
                              Alfa GT
                              Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                              Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse