No announcement yet.

Seeking SEAGULL Tourbillion owners.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking SEAGULL Tourbillion owners.....

Hi Bros and Siss,

I am considering to get a SEAGULL Tourbillion but quite torn between a few models and when i spoke to the SEAGULL SG guy, apparently he has sold more than 50 of these in SG. Wondering if anyone can share pics???

Cheers!
    Sim

50? Hopefully he didn't smoke you on that figure.
    Bargain hunters would most like buy from other source.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed.YEO View Post
      50? Hopefully he didn't smoke you on that figure.
      Bargain hunters would most like buy from other source.
      Bro, can share such sources?

Comment

One of the most recent recommended one...
        http://www.good-stuffs.com/Sea-Gull_c_11.html

Watches here are fitted with SEAGULL movements.
        Before this, majority of our local shore SEAGULL interested collectors would want to buy from SEAGULL U.S., unfortunately such a thing happened...
        http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/ann...ml#post4341428

Comment

Originally posted by Ed.YEO View Post
          One of the most recent recommended one...
          http://www.good-stuffs.com/Sea-Gull_c_11.html

Watches here are fitted with SEAGULL movements.
          Before this, majority of our local shore SEAGULL interested collectors would want to buy from SEAGULL U.S., unfortunately such a thing happened...
          http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/ann...ml#post4341428
          Thanks so much bro!

I have went and done more of the reading and what an unfortunate thing to happen. Kevin Ma is not replying my email too

Bro, I'm just wondering if you know 818.900 and ST8002ZS if they are of the same size? Been wanting to get a seagull tourbillon but 40mm seems small. I went to the sg seagull but they are asking me to place a deposit to bring them in

Cheers
          Sim

Comment

I seem a few seagull tourby in China a few years back. From single to double tourby. All less than 42mm. But all quite solid, but their price there is around 10k after conversion. I am not surprise if they sell 50plus here as it seriously make no sense to pay over 100k for Swiss brand tourby where most of them are using third party tourby movement.
            sigpic

Comment

Was in Chinatown just now and found out the seagull boutique has closed for sometime...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                I seem a few seagull tourby in China a few years back. From single to double tourby. All less than 42mm. But all quite solid, but their price there is around 10k after conversion...
                If you had been following the various posts from Alberta from WUS, you may find that in several occasions, he had mentioned that domestic produced timepiece from the big makers are selling much expensive than exported ones that he finds it comfortable to buy it online rather than buy it there...
                Only those vintage makes... where in internet have lots of fakes... he would rather buy it from the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                  Was in Chinatown just now and found out the seagull boutique has closed for sometime...
                  If not wrong... they had moved to Adelphi.

Comment

I have a watch which contain a Seagull Tourbillion movement and although I still use it occasionally, the novelty isn't there anymore.

IMHO, the reason to get a tourby is because of the aesthetics and for the craftsmanship. Although the Seagull Tourbillion are fully functional and are real tourbillion (unlike some watches with open heart movements), the finishing just isn't up to par with the Swiss ones (hence the massive price difference). In addition, they don't keep too good time I suspect when I need to get them services, its going to be seriously tough.

To be honest, I personally feel paying ~S2K for a Seagull Tourby isn't worth it... especially since you can get other watches which have the same movement for 1/2 the price.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X