Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WATCH SALES DISCCUSION THREAD - To comment on items on sale at the SG-ROC Garage

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WATCH SALES DISCCUSION THREAD - To comment on items on sale at the SG-ROC Garage

With the recent unhappy encounter and those of many others, I think we should start a thread here for any one having comment on an items on sale in the garage.

This can also be a sticky if members feel that its really good to have around.

We can comment on an item on sale (good or bad) so that the moderators won't find it inappropriate while everyone can have a say whether its dirt cheap or way overpriced. BY copying the link of the item on sale here, others can be alerted.

This is the only way I think we can go around the "rules" set up by the moderators. For memebers, we hope to help others (buyer or sellers) be aware of their selling prices, the purpose of a forum as well is to share one's experience.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

if an item is dirt cheap, it would have been snapped up before you know it.
    way overpriced? depends on how one see the price. take for example, a limited edition watch which you know it is no longer possible to get brand new from AD.

let me give you an example. i have a full box and papers including original receipt for a 6694 which has been fully serviced by RSC. assuming i paid 2.5k for the watch. the service @ RSC cost me 1k. so my selling price is minimum 3.5k however i want to make a profit of 500. so it brings my selling price to at least 4k. now, comparing to the current market prices, 4k for a 6694 can be termed as way overpriced by some buyers. alternatively i can sell it @ a loss which is not the first option for most buyers

there will always be a buyer for an item. it is a matter of time. however with time, price may rise even higher.

it is a free market. willing buyer and willing seller.

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    everyone can have a say whether its dirt cheap or way overpriced.

This is the only way I think we can go around the "rules" set up by the moderators. For memebers, we hope to help others (buyer or sellers) be aware of their selling prices, the purpose of a forum as well is to share one's experience.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

That is a very gd move I must say...I think we have alittle too much sticky threads until nobody actually notices it. Well I can help you stick this but...my suggestion is that you can keep this thread active so that it goes to the top everytime...it will get more attention than sticking it.

We shall make this a thread for people to comment or warn others about a particular thread...cool?

That's just me....but if you insist that I stick it...I will! Your call

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Triton does have a point but if for example today I see a particular watch selling at $1k, and a forum seller selling exact same for $2k. Then how? The rule says cannot 'disturb' sellers' thread, so how? So since jazz_samz has created this thread, it will be an avenue to inform/share. It may be good in a way. Let's see how this takes off.

Cheers!
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I agree with Triton, it is a free market. willing buyer and willing seller. I dont think its fair to have unnecessary comments. Everyone here i believe can do their own research and read up.

Buyer has the responsibilities to do a research of the market price of the watch he wanted. Below are a few scenarios i think will happen

1) Conditions of the watch. Seller has the right top sell what he deems right, if buyer find is too high,he can neg else he can just wait for one with his budget. And some watches conditions are really terrible as they are their daily beaters, hence they priced lower. And some are priced higher cos they are kept in safe, hence it as good as new.Thus i dont think its fair to compare the price between them.

2) Another thing is that some sellers might need to let go some watches urgently to raise some funds, hence they priced it lower to let go fast.As such we cant use this as a benchmark that every future sellers must follow this price.

3) I have encountered in this forum the so called "Phantom Sellers", where they sell some watches at a ridiculous price. And it was sold at a lightning speed. And i wondered whether the transactions really take place in the first place.And when someone try to sell the same watch, potential buyers will use this as a benchmark to offer a low balled price. I have personally encountered this before when i try to sell my watch.So this is real. I will always tell buyers go ahead get the cheaper one.

So having unnecessary comments in their thread is no so "friendly". if buyers want to ask, i guess they can ask the old birds here what is the reasonable price for a particular conditiond watches instead. At least this way, everyone can learn rather then disturb or blacklist someone.

Peace.

Comment

Yup . I agree totally, buyers should do a little studying on their own, but for those new to the sport or venturing into brands which they are not sure about, they are always free to ask the 'older' bunch.

Comment

Let's start the thread.... anyone?

Comment

i think this thread should be rename to something like i like to buy XXX watch, what do you think...

then those who want to ask for pricing opinion can do so
                then any member can respond.

in this case it is a more like sharing information. not blantly targeting a specific thread or seller.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Correct! I think it is quite unfair for the seller... if the seller is selling a few watches, one of them is selling a bit expensive and got bombard here, in that case, his other watches also can't sell liao... poor thing....
                  Originally posted by triton View Post
                  i think this thread should be rename to something like i like to buy XXX watch, what do you think...

then those who want to ask for pricing opinion can do so
                  then any member can respond.

in this case it is a more like sharing information. not blantly targeting a specific thread or seller.

Comment

in my opinion, not very nice to comment on selling items. As these comments may be bias, we don know. It may positively or negatively affects an item for sale. I would believe that the buyer would need to do his own research for his purchase to ensure that he/she at least gets a fair price. its the buyers' responsibilties in a sense. Like myself, i consulted DarkAngel a number of times for the prices of watches. Which i think she had been very helpful and patient...

Comment

Darkie is a girl???

Originally posted by sportee View Post
                      in my opinion, not very nice to comment on selling items. As these comments may be bias, we don know. It may positively or negatively affects an item for sale. I would believe that the buyer would need to do his own research for his purchase to ensure that he/she at least gets a fair price. its the buyers' responsibilties in a sense. Like myself, i consulted DarkAngel a number of times for the prices of watches. Which i think she had been very helpful and patient...

Comment

I too concurr that willng buyer, willing seller and that buyer should be responsible to their own research.
                        However, the purpose of this thread is to maybe allow those who wish to seek opinions. True that it may not be nice to post the sale thread but if the buyer is out of hand, I believe brothers and sis would be the judge and defend the seller? I don't think the seller's reputation would be tarnish if there are previous buyers who would vouch for his ethics and professionalism. And if the had no previous transaction, fellow forumer will be impartial to stamp a fair sale if it is indeed so.
                        This thread could serve as an 'open discussion' instead, else if everytime someone wana enquire or discuss of a particular watch on sale, he starts a thread. Another person may follow and then there would be too many threads.
                        Frankly, this thread is just a suggestion and if it's not a good idea deemed by everyone, then pls delete this thread. I just don't want any more ppl feeling that this forum is overly strict and one don't have a freedom to air their comments.
                        Mods don't want sale thread being side track with disussions, fair but no where else to discuss? Then how to make it more friendly and open?
                        It's good that many are airing their views on this matter and maybe the members can draft out a guideline instead of mods this time or what not? Let's brain storm further.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                        - GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

True true....

But instead of pointing our fingers at a particular seller, e.g. Seller A selling SubLV at $9k in a sales thread. Instead of posting, "Wa lao, Seller A selling SubLV damn expensive!" here, maybe we should put it in a way like, "Is it too much to pay $9k for a SubLV?" So in this way, our forum will remain more friendly... no bad feeling...

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                          I too concurr that willng buyer, willing seller and that buyer should be responsible to their own research.
                          However, the purpose of this thread is to maybe allow those who wish to seek opinions. True that it may not be nice to post the sale thread but if the buyer is out of hand, I believe brothers and sis would be the judge and defend the seller? I don't think the seller's reputation would be tarnish if there are previous buyers who would vouch for his ethics and professionalism. And if the had no previous transaction, fellow forumer will be impartial to stamp a fair sale if it is indeed so.
                          This thread could serve as an 'open discussion' instead, else if everytime someone wana enquire or discuss of a particular watch on sale, he starts a thread. Another person may follow and then there would be too many threads.
                          Frankly, this thread is just a suggestion and if it's not a good idea deemed by everyone, then pls delete this thread. I just don't want any more ppl feeling that this forum is overly strict and one don't have a freedom to air their comments.
                          Mods don't want sale thread being side track with disussions, fair but no where else to discuss? Then how to make it more friendly and open?
                          It's good that many are airing their views on this matter and maybe the members can draft out a guideline instead of mods this time or what not? Let's brain storm further.

Comment

Sigh

Darkie's secret is out sigh .....

Comment

moving this thread to feedback

TS: is the intention of this thread to allow potential buyers seek advice on the price of a watch model...

so potential buyer A post in this thread title, what is a fair price for a watch.......

potential buyer A,

brand : Rolex
                              Model : Sub LV
                              Selling Price : 9000

is it a fair price?

also if all buyers come into this thread to post, there could be potential 10 buyers a day seeking advice on different watches, then it would be messy. then again, it stops these people posting mulitple threads......which in a way makes the forum messy.....

let's put on thinking caps.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X