Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Days Spirit of South Africa

Hi All,

Am going for a trip this coming July 09. Booking thru Hong Thai Travel but sad to say the tour group is not confirm yet. Should there be anyone who has the interest, please let me know, so that we can arrange to fill the seats.

Tour Highlight

- Gold Reef City
    - Pretoria City Tour
    - Lion Park
    - Diamond Centre
    - Sandton Shopping Mall
    - Flea Market
    - Pilanesberg Game Reserve
    - Ostrich Range
    - Table Mountain + Cable car ride
    - Seal Island
    - Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve
    - See Jackass Penguins
    - V&A Waterfront
    - Stellenbosch Wineland
    - Cheetah Farm

Gourmet

- African - style BBQ Dinner ( depending of what the hunt for the day, might be lion meat, crocrodile meat )
    - Ostrich Meat Lunch
    - Abalone and Seafood Dinner
    - Lobster Lunch
    - Game Meat

For me, most important this trip is to see the BIG 5. wanted to go Victoria Fall as well ( 1 of 7 wonders of the world ), but was advise not to due to current political reasons. Heard the blacks all carry rifles Some may worry of the weather, because since Africa gives people the impression that it is HOT HOT HOT comparing to Singapore. But surprisingly, it is WINTER in July, and temperature is 8 degrees to 10 degrees, if wind blow will get colder

No chance for the fall thou, but October going to Great wall of China, so this time stand a better chance to confirm will see at least the 1 of the 7.

Please pm me if you / your family member would like to go for this trip dated 23rd July 2009. Comparing to the other big agencies, Hong Thai offers the most competitive so far I know.

Estimated per pax : SGD 3600
    Direct flight on - Singapore airlines

Ciao

HD
    Last edited by honestdeal; 05-06-09, 10:14 PM. Reason: Left out the pricing for all to take note

Wow... sure to be a v interesting trip... Hope you can confirm the tour grp asap.

Rem to post pics for us ok..

Bon Voyage..
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Bro, sure will post some IF THERE is a chance to go. Some of the people here tot me travel agent

To clarify, me no travel agent / working for travel agent so brothers please do not post me to give u discount If this trip not successful, perhaps will change to a europe destination. But hor see bro sys12345 post till so warm ah, i got to think liao leh.

Comment

Jialut liao la, no enough pax to clock this trip

Anyone planning for an adventurous trip please go HONG THAI register.
        Person to look for Eddie Ng. Humble and friendly guy for a guided trip.

Cool weather during our trip on 23rd to 1st August.

for more holiday makers
        Last edited by honestdeal; 07-06-09, 05:56 PM. Reason: Person to contact at Hong Thai Travel

Comment

Hi All, trip is 23rd of July, but last day of registeration is 8th July. 2 weeks from date. In case you have relatives or friends who want to go, HONG THAI has very nice pictures which they snap from their last trip.

Ciao

Comment

The weather in Europe is erratic at this time, especially in Italy! While i was in Italy, the temp was around 30+C and very sunny. A few days later, it dropped back down to 21C. This is really not a good time to visit Europe, especially the southern regions. In addition, some hotels are not equipped with airconditioning while some insist on pre-setting the aircon temp to a level. They are obviously not keeping up with the weather. That said, its really not all that bad. The interesting difference (in weather) between Sg and Europe is that once u stand in the shade, the wind is very cooling. In addition, the tap water is very cold and refreshing!

Originally posted by honestdeal View Post
            Bro, sure will post some IF THERE is a chance to go. Some of the people here tot me travel agent

To clarify, me no travel agent / working for travel agent so brothers please do not post me to give u discount If this trip not successful, perhaps will change to a europe destination. But hor see bro sys12345 post till so warm ah, i got to think liao leh.
            sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
              The weather in Europe is erratic at this time, especially in Italy! While i was in Italy, the temp was around 30+C and very sunny. A few days later, it dropped back down to 21C. This is really not a good time to visit Europe, especially the southern regions. In addition, some hotels are not equipped with airconditioning while some insist on pre-setting the aircon temp to a level. They are obviously not keeping up with the weather. That said, its really not all that bad. The interesting difference (in weather) between Sg and Europe is that once u stand in the shade, the wind is very cooling. In addition, the tap water is very cold and refreshing!

So did you managed to get a few pieces of Rollie back ?

Comment

Sadly no, no $$$! Even if i have, the Rolex in most parts of Europe arent cheap. Very expensive in Italy, Switzerland and London. After factoring VAT rebate, u'll still be paying more than what u can get in Singapore. If u want to get a good deal for Rolex in Europe, your best bet should be Huber @ Liechtenstein (see my thread @ WTW for the pics).

So did you managed to get a few pieces of Rollie back ?
                sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

I am a tour guide for South Africa!

Dont go in July la.... very rainy in Cape Town...

Oct will be nice when Pretoria fully bloomed with the Jacaranda Flowers..

Book from my company la.... Chan Brothers...

Comment

gotta be careful in SA... not among the safest places ard...

hope u get to go table mountains... but seems clouds like to gather above, and no one can go up...

but itz a beautiful place...

Comment

haha bro, i know. but hor, timing not right, cos my gf starting work at new place 3rd August. so i guess it would be diffcult to make a long trip after that

thanks ah, btw how much can ur side offer? i think Hong Thai rates is beta. PM me if convenient.

Comment

oh wh in cape town... gotta makan at belthazar's at the waterfront... u wun regret having a go at their steak... n their wine selection is outta tis world!

Comment

Originally posted by Pug View Post
                          oh wh in cape town... gotta makan at belthazar's at the waterfront... u wun regret having a go at their steak... n their wine selection is outta tis world!
                          u been there before ? nice place ? should be la. if there is a chance la, now to form a group oso quite hard.

Comment

haha bro, i know. but hor, timing not right, cos my gf starting work at new place 3rd August. so i guess it would be diffcult to make a long trip after that

thanks ah, btw how much can ur side offer? i think Hong Thai rates is beta. PM me if convenient.
                            I am not sure how much are the prices.. why don't you call and check... looks like $3600 (even if it is inclusive of taxes which is around $360) is not exactly a very low price.... for July especially...

Comment

Originally posted by Pug View Post
                              gotta be careful in SA... not among the safest places ard...

hope u get to go table mountains... but seems clouds like to gather above, and no one can go up...

but itz a beautiful place...
                              This season.. in terms of the stupid flu.. seem like it is the safest place to go...

Can you please elaborate what do you mean by not safe?? own experience if any?

I am there more than 10 times a year... never encounter any problems including my groups.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X