Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your First Class Flight Experiences!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your First Class Flight Experiences!

Apart from appreciating beautiful watches I'm also an aviation enthusiast. So I thought we could share some of our travel experiences on flights.

If you guys are interested I can share pictures of Lufthansa, Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, Thai A380, Singapore Airlines, First Class / Suites. As well as other airlines like Cathay Pacific, Swiss Intl, etc.

So to start:

Here are some pictures of the Lufthansa Boeing 747-8I. This is a relatively new version from Boeing based on the previous generation 747s.

The 747-8s are larger than the previous generations with a stretched fuselage, and completely redesigned wings (similar to that of the 787s). The easiest way to spot them is via the engines. 747-8s use GEnx engines (also used on 787s) which have ridges on the back of the engine

My first flight on the 747-8 was Frankfurt - Washington D.C. (about 2 years ago). Needless to say I was really excited to be on a new plane that was only weeks old. It was a good excuse to revisit the district :s13:

View from the tarmac:

View from my seat in 3A:

The First class section has been relocated to the lower deck. Hence the First class section is now in the nose of the plane. Looking at the ceiling it is more obvious how the nose tapers in:

View from Seat 1A:

View of the seat: (excuse the mess!)
    Should you want more privacy you can raise a divider with the push of a button. See the seat in front - you can't see the pax

Close up of of the seat controls:

Dining:

I love the warm and neutral tones of the cabin. It feels modern but classy and understated. The seats themselves are really solid. Just about every component of the engineering is perfect - from the sound of the clasp locking when you close the ottoman drawer to the weight / feel of the remote control in your hand.

If only the service and catering can be improved!

Nice... More pics please.

Comment

Wow, definitely will wanna travel like this at least once.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X