KL Trip....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    any idea on 2nd hand watches there? i was told plenty of class A fakes that even pawnshops. hear already scared to buy
    I think...this problem of fakes and stuff would only occur to pawnshops IMO. Coz they most of the time take in do slight checks and store it already. While preowned shops do open it up and do checks...that's wad I think.

However...IMO there fakes will be fakes there is always something that fakes cannot do so wadeva class A or not still will have loopholes

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      I think...this problem of fakes and stuff would only occur to pawnshops IMO. Coz they most of the time take in do slight checks and store it already. While preowned shops do open it up and do checks...that's wad I think.

However...IMO there fakes will be fakes there is always something that fakes cannot do so wadeva class A or not still will have loopholes
      ya of course, can never replicate the exact article. unless rolex outsource to china, then different story.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

any idea on 2nd hand watches there? i was told plenty of class A fakes that even pawnshops. hear already scared to buy
        nope, i dun think i saw any pawn shops. then again, dun think can find any where i was staying. best is dun buy from pawn shop.

as for rolex outsourcing to china, let's just hope it will, never in our wildest dreams, happen. last i heard from a close friend that they are even able to duplicate a lexus! of course,the driving experience is different obviously.
        Last edited by feudallordcult; 23-04-08, 05:07 PM.
        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
        What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
          nope, i dun think i saw any pawn shops. then again, dun think can find any where i was staying. best is dun buy from pawn shop.

as for rolex outsourcing to china, let's just hope it will, never in our wildest dreams, happen. last i heard from a close friend that they are even able to duplicate a lexus! of course,the driving experience is different obviously.
          OK. all the pawnshop here (Australia) all eat very high price, and naturally sell very high price too.

Well. I dearly hope Rolex never outsource to anywhere to be honest, and esp. China.

I have heard they are able to replicate BMW too. Of course like all things, the quality is different.
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

ya of course, can never replicate the exact article. unless rolex outsource to china, then different story.
            If that happens...wad will likely happen is that...the models made there would have really pathetic value and the older watches which are swiss made more or less will increase in value greatly. The demand for new rolex will drop...that's what I think haha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              If that happens...wad will likely happen is that...the models made there would have really pathetic value and the older watches which are swiss made more or less will increase in value greatly. The demand for new rolex will drop...that's what I think haha
              i dont think anyone will buy rolex, if not swiss made. plenty of bootlegs if outsourced to china

i think the older model will also decrease, since it will get to a point where the brand reputation also damaged
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

continuation from my previous post.

..On the same day, my home minister met up with the MD of the KL office and she & hubby brought us to a nice restaurant called Eden. We had lobsters, steaks, lamb chops and the works. i was literally stumped at my seat after the starters which included oysters. total bill w/o wine was abt RM450 It would have prob costed the same in singapore, only difference in the currency.

then I went back to berjaya and caught "street kings" which was totally crapped cos it was so heavily censored tat i thot there was something wrong with the movie production. every single *f* word was cut, i just dun get it. i ended up cursing the F word everytime a scene got cut.

the next morning I ventured to bukit bintang's sungei wang followed by pavilion. sungei wang doesn't have much except for solar time which is the AD for orient watches. the orange diver (with power reserve) costed abt rm6,900 so I passed. I held the orange monster & really felt it's "power". doesn't matter that it's a jap brand but the finishing was excellent to the extent that it superceded some swiss brands. it was the epitome of a perfect combi of form and functionality. solar time also had some orient star retro models but not much. each costed abt rm2800 before a discount of 25%. think some watchshops at bencoolen and chinatown also may sell orient but i am unsure abt the pricing.

Next stop: Pavilion. This shopping mall will seriously put taka to shame. it's freaking huge! I went to the following watch shops: THG, Sincere, Swiss Watch Gallery, Watatime, IWC, Rolex. I'm serious when I say that I was literally blinded by all the bling. I do not like the lighting of sincere in klcc and pavilion. it's kinda dark and that being said, i spent the least time in it. it's also kinda strange that THG@pavilion does not carry breitling. I managed to "play" the u1000 and the 757 utc. Not sure how to describe the u1000 but it definitely had lots of presence when i wore it(with the strap uncut obviously)

I then proceeded to swiss watch gallery which housed brands like ulysee nardin adn graham. I was extremely attracted to the UN divers as well as the graham's swordfishes but the price was way over my budget. So could only admire from the showcase. The SA was really very professional, she actually wore a glove when handling watches. Wanted to ask her out kopi break but married men like me are like dogs on a leashed tied to a tree: how far can we go?

Last stop before lunch was IWC. The staff in the boutique were really very very friendly. I was allowed to hold the cousteau diver, AMG chrono Ti & SS, the portugese, the big pilot (white gold) retailing at over rm90,000 and the laureaus pilot chrono numbered 1980/2500(I think) but not for sale. i also saw the skeleton watch (not sure what's it's called)the movement was absolutely stunning, sheer poetry in motion. one has to actually view it to experience what i felt at that moment. according to the friendly chaps,iwc can give up to 18% on selected models but for LEs, absolute no discount.

I even sat at a small corner where the chaps explained the pellaton and some other special features of IWC. These chaps really know their stuff! They even offered me coke although i was in berms, a torn A & F tee and sandals. priceless!

Need to get back to work. Will update with part 3 when i visited starhill boutique where I really felt like a dwarf. Even freaking brand is WAY out of my league.
                Bro, part 3 neh?
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Part 3!! Part 3!!!
                  I'm a super low-baller

Comment

guys, any nice hotel near KLCC to recommend. the nearer the better.

Comment

Nearest is Mandarin I think... Followed bt Traders and Ascott residences... All very nice hotels... Traders can take buggy to go KLCC take 1 min to reach very nice...
                      PAM 233K :woohoo:
                      IWC BP 5004 :D
                      Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
                      Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

with home minister with me, there was no way i could buy without her knowledge. i will post my part II of the KL later. surprisingly, everything including food is cheaper than spore. sinn prices are also very competitive w/o the 7% gst. i held and played around with the U1000 and the 757 utc. there were at least 3 D1s on display, so much for being limited in numbers. price for the D1 i didn't ask but confirm can ask for discount.
                        Hi Pal,

Wondering what is D1 watch?

I think I know whom are you referring to one "lady" of the Swiss...Hahaha...I got her contact through email.

Anyway, no go for Rolex watches in KL cos very expensive but Pam watches are certainly much cheaper by couple of SG$xxx.
                        Greeting from Planet Earth
                        ------------------------------

[COLOR="Orange"]Believe in yourself, earn your respect by respecting others. No one is perfect in this planet earth.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Rottweiler View Post
                          Wondering what is D1 watch?
                          might be the lemania 5100 chrono from sinn...
                          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

hmmm...

whats the rate rite now?

Comment

u mean exchange rate? fug up..

1 = $2.32
                              A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Have anyone got their watches at KLIA 1 airport before ?

They were giving me 25% disc and with the good exchange rate .. the jaeger lecoultre master ultra 41 was at like SG$8300 plus ...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X