Any things to buy in spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steamboat View Post
    Yes i am that crazy about them. I freeze them, double seal them in insulation and ice packs - frozen veges work too, and ship them home in my luggage.

Once you eat the gambas (prawns) you'll understand why
    Isn't the flight about 13 hours? I didn't know frozen stuff can last that long.
    Care to share how you ship them in your luggage?

Comment

Originally posted by silverseabass View Post
      Isn't the flight about 13 hours? I didn't know frozen stuff can last that long.
      Care to share how you ship them in your luggage?

The baggage hold is usually kept at a much lower temperature around 7+ degrees. That is why your items are cold when you open your suitcase after a long flight. If you pack the frozen items with ice packs / frozen veggies as OP mentioned the gambas should still be really fresh upon arrival.

Just make sure you are on a direct flight from BCN - SIN and not flying via EK / QR with a 4 hour stop during summer in the middle east.

Years ago before Nandos came to Singapore. I used to freeze the chicken and put carry them onboard. You can actually the crew to store it in their freezer if the containers are not too huge.

Comment

Louis Vuitton, Channel, Hermes and almost all European branded products are cheaper than Singapore after the VAT refund.

Comment

Watch out when claiming Premier Tax Free when in Barcelona Airport

The booth accepting Premier claims is a money changer which accepts Premier Tax Free receipts. As opposed to Global Blue which has two full fledged Global Blue booths in BCN airport.
          When you want to get cash from your tax free claims from the Premier agent, they tell you you can only get it in USD or SGD.

They explained it is because they are a money changer and they will take a cut. So I got a bit annoyed and told them to give me back all my receipts so that I can mail it myself. At this point they told me if I wanted they could mail it back to Premier for me, but it will take about 3 months. So that was the option I took in the end.

Just letting others know that you have this other option as well.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X