Germany Trip - Any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all
    Any other watch shops to recommend? Also looking for tips on where to find hand-made leather straps in Frankfurt, Munich, or Nuremberg...
    Many thanks!

Comment

Bucherer is also represented in Frankfurt am der Main and also in Munchen and all throughout Germany.Ruschenbeck is another AD and is located around the main downtown area.
      On the main street around the Kaiserdom there are a few independent boutiques that sell straps/ watch winders etc.

Comment

Anyone got their watch from Bucherer before and know how their VAT claim work?
        Will be traveling to Germany at later part of the year.
        Thanks in advance

Comment

Based on previous experience, which of the ADs would give a more competitive pricing?

Hope to find a nice timepiece and straps... Will share more info after my trip!

Comment

I've bought from Bucherer in Frankfurt as well as in Lucerne Switzerland. AD's in Germany are pretty much the same price for just about all their watches as its strictly price controlled. The main reason that I tend to buy from Bucherer is due to their availability and their large selection . VAT refund in Germany is around the 13% mark net. The AD will give you the form or fill in the form and at the airport you need to show customs that you're exporting it out of the EU and from there you can either post or claim the cash back from their VAT refund agency like Global Blue.

Comment

How does it compare to Singapore's pricing?

Comment

With the VAT refund it will be around 8% cheaper for most models. Milan Italy is the place to go if you want to obtain a decent discount and also with the slightly higher VAT refund.

Comment

Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
                  I've bought from Bucherer in Frankfurt as well as in Lucerne Switzerland. AD's in Germany are pretty much the same price for just about all their watches as its strictly price controlled. The main reason that I tend to buy from Bucherer is due to their availability and their large selection . VAT refund in Germany is around the 13% mark net. The AD will give you the form or fill in the form and at the airport you need to show customs that you're exporting it out of the EU and from there you can either post or claim the cash back from their VAT refund agency like Global Blue.
                  Great! Thanks for sharing. Planning to get a Pam if price is good there.

Comment

going to munich in few weeks
                    planning to get a PAM in Munich ... wempe at Maximilianstrasse
                    email the branch and he told me VAT refund is 14.5% but probably we can get 13% nett there about?
                    will wempe store still give like 5-10% discount?

Comment

Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
                      In the event you buy from Bucherer , remember to ask for free Rolex spoon for each spending min Eur 100 or CHF 100 now as being told from the sales girl.

Btw i just met a super sweet sales lady at lucern Bucherer lv2

Comment

Originally posted by mickey_ View Post
                        Will be travelling to germany this friday and will be in transit overnight in Frankfurt.

Was wondering if it will be a good chance to buy a IWC mark XVI or even a big pilot on that overnight trip?

Any bro have experience if it is a good buy in germany and does the airport offer a good discount?

Many thanks in advance.
                        Just back from Koln Germany , checked the Rolex shop there. they are giving 16.9% VAT refund. You need to bargain with them. Saw a walking customer from China they quote them 12%. Skin colour do make the different.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroko View Post
                          Just back from Koln Germany , checked the Rolex shop there. they are giving 16.9% VAT refund. You need to bargain with them. Saw a walking customer from China they quote them 12%. Skin colour do make the different.

Bro, the said 12% is referring to discount or vat refund? I thought all the vat refund shall be same? Pls advise.
                          一寸光阴一寸金,寸金难买寸光阴

Comment

thought so too.. VAt should be fixed?

Comment

Sinn!

Comment

I'll be in Munich and Berlin later this year, any ADs to recommend? Also, are Sinns still worth buying since i won't be able to visit the Frankfurt factory? Thinking of getting a Glashutte Original or JLC as well, worth getting there?

(For info, i'll be in barcelona as well, would prices in Spain be lower?)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X