Driving to cairns from Brisbane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving to cairns from Brisbane?

So sad that sq no longer flies direct to cairns. Thinking of going cairns this December. Google says its 18 hrs drive. Will be there for a week plus. Haha, using KF miles so restricted in airlines.

Anyone drove from BNE to CNS before? Any nice stopovers or nice scenery? I hv a group of 4. So be car should be nice.

Thks.

Used to live in Brissy. Drove ard quite a lot, both up north n down south. Just to Gympie alone takes abt 3hrs, Rainbow beach abt 5hrs and that's not even halfway to Cairns yet. It will take about 15hrs up to Cairns I believe. There's a lot to see on the way up north. Glasshouse mountains, Noosa, Rainbow beach, Whitsundays for a few days if u want etc etc.

Comment

hi Thanks. ya, read off the net that driving from bne to cns would take too long. guess, will plan my hols around the bne area.

thanks mate

Originally posted by J-AP2 View Post
      Used to live in Brissy. Drove ard quite a lot, both up north n down south. Just to Gympie alone takes abt 3hrs, Rainbow beach abt 5hrs and that's not even halfway to Cairns yet. It will take about 15hrs up to Cairns I believe. There's a lot to see on the way up north. Glasshouse mountains, Noosa, Rainbow beach, Whitsundays for a few days if u want etc etc.

Comment

It's quite an experience driving from Brisbane to cairns. Along the way you can see lots of nature and polish minerals.

Comment

Originally posted by gatakx
          would take too long
          Think take a plane better . Ya can stopover at Sunshine Coast etc but overall long trip

Comment

Flights to cairns are not really expensive if you fly on airlines like Virgin Australia

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X