• Show
Clear All

• The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies

Not bad. 4/5
    Smaug dies too easily though

Originally posted by SDM View Post
    Not bad. 4/5
    Smaug dies too easily though
    I give it a 3.5/5. Battle scene not as exciting as LOTR Ep 2 or 3. Smaug's death in the beginning a little anti-climax.

Comment

Overall is a 4/5 for the storyline.
      Battle scenes are not as impactful as lotr..
      Come to think of it, the battle scene was quite confusing..

Comment

I give it a 4 out of 5.

Comment

4 out of 5. If i watched this before the LOTR , I would give it a higher rating. Our expectation of Peter Jackson is much higher now, but would like to thank him giving us 2 great adventurous fantasy movies.
          Last edited by jieming; 25-12-14, 11:57 AM. Reason: Edit

Comment

I would give 4.5/5 ...some of the best action scenes i have seen...with some good performances

Comment

1) too short
              2) one book dragged into 3 movies?
              3) Is tauriel's inclusion in the movie really necessary? her character is created for the movie only. she was never ion the book.
              4) Galadriel's banishment of Sauron was too easy.

overall 3/5
              I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
              http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

I rate this movie highly

I am sad cos it's over. No more Rings, No more Elves, no dwarves, no goblins and etc. Tolkien bring to life what dragon and fantasy is about from his books and Peter Jackson delivered!...the movies. Shallow me used to think Elf is christmas and Dwarf is snow white until I know LOTR. They are the original stuffs!!

If one really go back to the books. Hobbits is just children books. There's not a lot things for Peter Jackson to work on. He has to create scenes involving Legolas as well as the lady elf.

I was more disappointed with LOTR Part III....simply because Peter Jackson could do more for Battle of the Pelennor Fields. However, it was just too grand a battle to film according to sources. According to the book - the fields are easily 100 football fields (or even more; they needed flat lands!) combined in the Tolkien books.

Well.. I guess this is it. LOTR has so much that Peter Jackson has to take out a lot while Hobbits barely enough to fill three films.

I am not a big fan of LOTR but then I follow the events closely. It was once known as a unfilm-able stories.
                I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                  I rate this movie highly

I am sad cos it's over. No more Rings, No more Elves, no dwarves, no goblins and etc. Tolkien bring to life what dragon and fantasy is about from his books and Peter Jackson delivered!...the movies. Shallow me used to think Elf is christmas and Dwarf is snow white until I know LOTR. They are the original stuffs!!

If one really go back to the books. Hobbits is just children books. There's not a lot things for Peter Jackson to work on. He has to create scenes involving Legolas as well as the lady elf.

I was more disappointed with LOTR Part III....simply because Peter Jackson could do more for Battle of the Pelennor Fields. However, it was just too grand a battle to film according to sources. According to the book - the fields are easily 100 football fields (or even more; they needed flat lands!) combined in the Tolkien books.

Well.. I guess this is it. LOTR has so much that Peter Jackson has to take out a lot while Hobbits barely enough to fill three films.

I am not a big fan of LOTR but then I follow the events closely. It was once known as a unfilm-able stories.
                  5/5 for me. Awesome movie!!

Comment

Agree that the dragon died too fast...haha

but enjoyed the movie

4/5

Comment

Worth the ticket 4/5

Comment

Love this movie! Managed to watch it free, courtesy of free tickets from PPS club.. Best of the movies in Q4 last year.. Hands down...

Comment

I give 3.5 out of 5. A bit too short for me.

Comment

Interesting to see dwarf armies. Enjoyed the fight

Comment

Love it..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X