No announcement yet.

Is owning a Rolex a status symbol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, when you're talking to the rich and famous.... is like that one la.
    I won't say they are ignorant, just that they lead a different life from poor salaried worker like me. If you talk to them about cars, it'll probably end up the same way like this;

A : I see that you like cars alot. How many do you have?
    Rich guy: Not many. a BMW7series for family use, a Modenas 360, Gallardo, a Maserati only.
    A: What do you think of the Evo10 and the R35?
    Rich Friend: Don't waste time on japanese cars la. Built quality sux.

haha
    Submariner 14060
    Breitling Colt Auto II
    Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
    Bell & Ross BR03-92
    MM20

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
      I won't say they are ignorant, just that they lead a different life from poor salaried worker like me. If you talk to them about cars, it'll probably end up the same way like this;

Rich guy: Not many. a BMW7series for family use, a Modenas 360, Gallardo, a Maserati only.

haha
      even the poor italians who are earning rock bottom salary say that, dont say the rich
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

You should tell him tat FM parts are made in china but assemble in swiss.
        Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
        Rolex LV submariner
        Rolex TT black submariner
        Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
        Rolex Non date submariner
        Rolex Explorer2
        More...

Comment

I would say rolex offer best value for money. Vintage sport series Rolex prices increase faster than oil and gold price. For example a 1655 is selling a mere $1k+ in 1980. Now $30k+ with box and paper. Can apatek increase this much(30times) over the same period of time?
          Rolex LV submariner
          Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
          Rolex Explorer2
          More...

Comment

or the wrist is Made in SG....

Originally posted by teo View Post
            You should tell him tat FM parts are made in china but assemble in swiss.

Comment

Read this (Rolex vs Patek prices):
              http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...333041/1/.html
              Rolex LV submariner
              Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
              Rolex Explorer2
              More...

Comment

haha
                hahha... ya loh... we tok abt geylang & massage centre... they tok abt night club & special clubs... $2K/ night chio bu ... hahahhaa

ocean, it's diff to compare lah ... next time hor u hear can leow, dont go ask ppl mah ... hahaha... jst like my frd tok watch hor, i keep quiet, cos hor, i blur on watches 1, thn tok tok all min 100 - 200k ones... i think got 1 friend watch abt 1mill... hahaha... but he not the super super rich & famous lah, jst siow watch nia... actually the super rich also not really into watches, got a few ex to change wear can leow, i think they collect other 'things'...

Comment

haha
                  It's like that 1 la...just dun compare and be happy =)

Originally posted by pet View Post
                  ocean, it's diff to compare lah ... next time hor u hear can leow, dont go ask ppl mah ... hahaha... jst like my frd tok watch hor, i keep quiet, cos hor, i blur on watches 1, thn tok tok all min 100 - 200k ones... i think got 1 friend watch abt 1mill... hahaha... but he not the super super rich & famous lah, jst siow watch nia... actually the super rich also not really into watches, got a few ex to change wear can leow, i think they collect other 'things'...
                  Hehe...I think I know wad u mean...lol but those kinda things are...BOTTOMLESS PITS MAN!! Hahaha..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

1 mountain will always be higher than another mountain.
                    If the person is bill gates..maybe got the right to lecture me lah...

but if ur dunno wad ..100 million networth...dun come lecture me..go fly kite lah.

go these kind of function..don't wear rolex...because rolex is totally out of the spectrum for high end watches...
                    surely those rich people with multi million $$ will look down on the brand one...
                    Last edited by Mille; 02-05-08, 06:49 PM.
                    Opportunities come once

Comment

True true...it's like when u have $10000 in ur pocket...7k is big man..

when you have 1M in ur pocket...WTF is 7k?

Comment

i have a few friends who are rich kids some indo and sporeans,have not even started work and are still in poly and SIM. drives bmw 5 series and bmw smg coupe(thier own car not dads).buy watches like nobodies business.recently one bought a PP for 75k and another was just telling me he like lange & sohne and the next week already wearing the 45k watch.I tell them i work for my watches but u get them from your rich daddies so its different cannot compare.but anyway thats life.some get it and some dun.just pray hard we get born to some rich parents in our next life.haha
                        Rolex TTsub
                        Rolex precision
                        Rolex air king
                        Rolex ss datejust
                        Rolex explorer II
                        IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
                        Breitling Avenger
                        Rolex GMT master II
                        Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          True true...it's like when u have $10000 in ur pocket...7k is big man..

when you have 1M in ur pocket...WTF is 7k?
                          that is true, but imagine if they lose it all. Ive seen a few in my life thanks to my uncle business. many people even $100 they come and kick fuss over, but when they were at their peak, my god, look down on the world.
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by terencehu18 View Post
                            i have a few friends who are rich kids some indo and sporeans,have not even started work and are still in poly and SIM. drives bmw 5 series and bmw smg coupe(thier own car not dads).buy watches like nobodies business.recently one bought a PP for 75k and another was just telling me he like lange & sohne and the next week already wearing the 45k watch.I tell them i work for my watches but u get them from your rich daddies so its different cannot compare.but anyway thats life.some get it and some dun.just pray hard we get born to some rich parents in our next life.haha
                            Wah intro them to me lehs hehehe

Wah that means ard my age...my indo frens also like that..basket when US to study bought a house,posh cayenne and BMW 3 series convertible...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              Wah intro them to me lehs hehehe

Wah that means ard my age...my indo frens also like that..basket when US to study bought a house,posh cayenne and BMW 3 series convertible...lol
                              19-20 years old. in states the cars are even cheaper. intro u also no use they dun share their money.. ha ha
                              Rolex TTsub
                              Rolex precision
                              Rolex air king
                              Rolex ss datejust
                              Rolex explorer II
                              IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
                              Breitling Avenger
                              Rolex GMT master II
                              Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

Below is my personal view and may not be accurate to all the events . Hope nobody gets offended in any way . If anybody do feel so after reading the full context , i offer my sincere apology .

My take is that the high networth individuals would not want to be seen with watches that could be afforded by anyone or common on the streets .

Rolex to them is like seiko to us . I had seen a rolex president full diamond dial/bezel (the bling bling hurt ur eyes)before at such gatherings few years back before i was into watches and tag along my ex-boss for a birthday bash for a customer before they got listed . Their time piece would be above 100k min than they would wear to such " show off "functions . Yes such gathering is to flaunt their wealth and discuss how many millions they earned last year which company they brought over . And the less capable ones would be there drooling .

But such gatherings there are 2 types of people .

1. The humble down to earth type ie not yet reach the million dollar club
                                2. The filthy rich type ie already in million dollar club aiming for hundred million dollar club .

But not all are snobbish but there are some who are . The main objective is to network among the super rich and gain insights/lobangs to increase their wealth . All in all there is only one sentence which i always remember by heart .

The Rich will get Richer .
                                1675/16610/116234/78240
                                Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                                Hublot BB ASF
                                PAM 104J
                                Sinn 903 H2
                                Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                                U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                                If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X