Would you prefer Swiss, German or rojak watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you prefer Swiss, German or rojak watches

As above, would you prefer Swiss/German/Russian/Japan or rojak watches??

Rojak would mean anything any made that catches your eyes.
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

are you refering to the brand itself?

the movements?

or ...........
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

All:

Brand.
      movement
      make.
      "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

as long as good quality, nice, price ok. i will buy (given i can afford )
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I'm more conservative. I go for the design first, then brand and price. So even if a watch is highly branded and (if) I can afford, but the design I die-die don't like, I won't buy.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            I'm more conservative. I go for the design first, then brand and price. So even if a watch is highly branded and (if) I can afford, but the design I die-die don't like, I won't buy.
            Same here

Comment

Design then brand then price...simple..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

For me, I look for

Popular brand, therefore, better resale value, why better resale value due to its design, and nice designs normally are evergreen, evergreen watches are hard to find.... what am I talking about??

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  For me, I look for

Popular brand, therefore, better resale value, why better resale value due to its design, and nice designs normally are evergreen, evergreen watches are hard to find.... what am I talking about??
                  116520?

Comment

ha ha ha.... darkie, you read my mind.... lucky you are not my wife... ha ha ha....

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    116520?

Comment

for me it'll be swiss n jap...

swiss for known brand n quality n jap for quality n value for money....

I look out for the brand i like then see what r the designs that catch my eye n then start dreaming of owning it...

but of course i took the easy way out recently when i got a marina militare homage... hehe

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        ha ha ha.... darkie, you read my mind.... lucky you are not my wife... ha ha ha....

Comment

everything go within design.
                          watch are for you to wear. even i can afford a diamond gold rolex or something like that , i wont buy it cos it dont suit me at all.
                          for movement issue, it so so only... to my understanding, some high-end inhouse movement dont even go for sosc.
                          the making, somehow it tie up with design factor..
                          Happy Owner of
                          ----------------
                          Ball Iono (Work)
                          Rolex GMT Master ll "Z"(After Work)
                          Nike Hammer*Black(Sport Wear)

Wish-List
                          ----------------
                          White Dial Rolex(Daytona or Exp2) for dressy.
                          FM Crazy Hour(blue).

A cheap battery preown winder(2 watch), pm me if you got one.

Comment

i go for movement first. it is important that the movement has at least been proven to be a workhorse or something to that effect. this would mean that there will be watch mechanics who are familiar with the movements so that they can fix it should anything go wrong. but then again, since the movement is tried and tested for at least a decade, surely it wont break down that easily.

then it comes to watch brands. i agree with 116520 to a certain extent that popular brands have a certain resale value. but not all popular brands have good resale value. so have to be careful here. i go for brands with a good watch making history, some may be more than a century old. however, there are brand(s) which are century old but is still very affordable.

design comes next. actually those who have seen my watches know that i still stick to the traditional 'round' shaped watches as it is hard for my wrist to carry off other shaped watches.

last will be the price. however there is one more consideration which is function of a watch. besides telling time, date is a must. other functions such as chronograph, power reserve, flyback, rattrapante, alarm, etc are some useful functions @ different occassions.

swiss made watches are still my top priority. german made watches are also under my considerations. rojak watches are as well. this is because i have a quartz watch that tells time the anticlockwise way.

each watch you buy/own is unique in a special way. that is why you would purchase and/or keep them. it is by no means swiss are better german than rojak. this is because how swiss made or german made is it?
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I for one do not have brand loyalty. I buy what i like and what i can afford. And yes, i do look at movement used on the watch as well but that is not the main deciding factor.

I think both Swiss and German watch makers do produce relatively good and reliable timepieces.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X