Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any watch suitable for sports other than richard mille?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any watch suitable for sports other than richard mille?

Any luxury watch suitable for sports (e.g. tennis, golf) other than richard mille?

None including RM in my opinion when it come to pro tennis and mechanical watch. Who besides Nadal and the super rich will stop a >120kph shot with a $700.000 18 grams tourbillon watch on his wrist and not risk internal haemoerage to the watch? Just another marketing gimmick maybe they should run some more checks to see if the watch still function properly. Just think about the servicing costs.

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
      U mean u r in a rolex forum and u never heard of rolex sports watches??
      Cannot make it for sports like tennis and golf. You are in this forum I bet you heard of high service cost due to sports activities.
      Anyway if Rolex sports can do it well, I won't be asking.

Comment

Originally posted by watchristi View Post
        None including RM in my opinion when it come to pro tennis and mechanical watch. Who besides Nadal and the super rich will stop a >120kph shot with a $700.000 18 grams tourbillon watch on his wrist and not risk internal haemoerage to the watch? Just another marketing gimmick maybe they should run some more checks to see if the watch still function properly. Just think about the servicing costs.
        I think RM (certain models only) are slightly better than norm in sports activity though it may most likely not as good as it has advertised.

Comment

Audemars Piguet

Pictorial proof. This guy wore his bumblebee in a match earlier this year against Novak Djokovic.
          ** but not sure or not if he had to service the watch after the match. haha

在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Originally posted by alantannottam View Post
            Audemars Piguet

Pictorial proof. This guy wore his bumblebee in a match earlier this year against Novak Djokovic.
            ** but not sure or not if he had to service the watch after the match. haha

Is he paid to wear the watch, i.e. a brand ambassador?

It's quite unusually a sportsman gives free endorsement of a commercial brand/goods in a high profile game.

Likewise, what Tiger Woods wears for golf may not be a good reference too but could of course be one of the considerations.
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by watchristi View Post
              I withdraw my earlier comment since I just noticed Nadal wear the watch on his non playing right hand since he is left handed. I don't know how much G forces you get my running around the court. But still not a tourbillon which is more delicate than other watches. If you really want to read the time while playing tennis, stick to the G shocks unless you happened to be paid to do it.

Comment

RM is on Nadel and the jamican beast when he run but not on FM wrist when he drive F1car... But any watch will survive lah. I wear tag or ball on my right hand during reservist- take chopper, shoot in range, knock on rifle butt and etc, and all still rocking. So any sport watch can survive lah.
                sigpic

Comment

Y take the risk? When do sports or too rough task just keep the watch lah.

Even when go swimming also wear watch for wat? There is always a huge clock near swimming pool for ppl to see wat.

Want to show off to that level later crack or chip glass n u will see new thread here asking ppl wat to do, where to get cheap n reliable repair etc. Lan lan only

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                    Is he paid to wear the watch, i.e. a brand ambassador?

It's quite unusually a sportsman gives free endorsement of a commercial brand/goods in a high profile game.
                    Dun think he's paid. Cannot find anything online to link him (stan wawrinka) to AP. but he certainly has great love for AP to wear it on court against world no1.
                    在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Better to wear when you go swimming if not get stolen and you end up posting in forum to ask ppl to take note of yr stolen watch like the guy who lost his in gym and a helpful forum member help him post here. You are also right in the sense that dun wear ultra expensive watch for all these impact activity. Tag, ball, mido, oris and etc will do lah.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                        Better to wear when you go swimming if not get stolen and you end up posting in forum to ask ppl to take note of yr stolen watch like the guy who lost his in gym and a helpful forum member help him post here. You are also right in the sense that dun wear ultra expensive watch for all these impact activity. Tag, ball, mido, oris and etc will do lah.
                        good that u highlight the stolen incident

Comment

Originally posted by alantannottam View Post
                          Dun think he's paid. Cannot find anything online to link him (stan wawrinka) to AP. but he certainly has great love for AP to wear it on court against world no1.
                          Haha thanks for the effort to search and share. I'm not a tennis fan and so only heard of Novak Djokovic and have no idea who this guy is but now I know.

Apologize for
                          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Hi guys, stick to the topic. Don't ask why. Tell me which one!

Comment

Sometime must side track abit. In fact talk about tennis, one male star received " warning letter" from his watch sponsor after forgetting to put on their watch when he collect his throphy. Cannot remember it longings or rado or other brand...
                              sigpic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X