No announcement yet.

Bad Habits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ngohan8, I think about the escalator thing, it doesn't lay on human behavior but social behavior, I have seen Singaporeans automatically stand on the right of escalator in HK and Japan, on the other hand, these "rules" do not really applies here as our escalators here are not as crowded as countries like HK/Japan....

As for kids running around in public, I have kid too... so I understand how other parents feel... sometimes, we just no "air" to control them...

Originally posted by ngohan8 View Post
    standing on the right side of escalator/travelator (but here abit opposite as other country practice "stand right, walk left")
    act blur or sleep on the "reserve seat" in mrt (but sitting on these seat can be quite a predicament when one is tired)
    letting children run amok in public area without supervision and not apologising when their little ones inconvenient others

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      China I understand la. But singapore got many educated pple le.. or so i thought
      bro, in china you pickup one stone from the floor and throw anyhow also will hit an university grad!What i'm saying is they are like everywhere... Singapore is the most well behaved second to Japan. But customer service seriously alot more to catch up...esp the aunties at RSC!

Comment

1. Queue-cutting !
        2. No reaction (impolite) from those whom you hold the
        door for (as though they deserve it!)
        3. Failing to signal intention to change lanes/turn, etc
        while driving.
        4. Stopping in the yellow box, blocking exiting vehicles.
        5. Pointing the middle finger at you after committing a road offence (simply
        BULLYING!).
        6. PURPOSELY allowing the lift door to close knowing that you are fast
        approaching.
        7. Swinging car door open and wacking the next car
        beside it !
        8. Talking LOUDLY in public.
        9. Pedestrian crossing road slowly knowing car
        approaching !
        10. Overly chatty cab driver .
        11. ...
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
          bro, in china you pickup one stone from the floor and throw anyhow also will hit an university grad!What i'm saying is they are like everywhere... Singapore is the most well behaved second to Japan. But customer service seriously alot more to catch up...esp the aunties at RSC!
          Sorry louie, let me clarify this. I know education to many means academic achievement only but to me, it is not only that. An educated person in my dictionary refers to someone who has both brains and heart. For example I will not term a scholar 'educated' when he jump a queue or throw his burning cigarette butt out of the car.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

when i went back after a while of absense, i was abit confused as to why there was tissue paper sitting on the tables . it was only when the morons came back, had i noticed that they were reserving tables
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

ha ha... we are the tissue robber gang!!!

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              when i went back after a while of absense, i was abit confused as to why there was tissue paper sitting on the tables . it was only when the morons came back, had i noticed that they were reserving tables

Comment

for me if i see tissue on the table i still sit down...hahaha..then put the tissue paper in the nearest rubbish bin...lol...
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

tissue robber gang

2.seiko.citizen
                  3.feilong108

Comment

i dont rob the tissue, i just put it aside i was told off by some bi*ch, who had reserve ONE seat, but unknown to me, no one allowed to sit with one seat from her. ie. one person three seats.... WTF. i just ignore and continue eating.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

hehehe..no ppl told me off before..mayb due to my image...lol.....normally they juz stare at me until i shot back my 'u wan to die ar' look to them

Comment

i have never encountered tissue reservations, though it seems prevalent. but reality is how does one expect to consume food, if after queuing to purchase, and cant find a seat? there must be some aletrnative to this, rather then be pissed off with the current practice
                        It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                        Alexander Pope

Comment

how about eating while standing up???hahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                            hehehe..no ppl told me off before..mayb due to my image...lol.....normally they juz stare at me until i shot back my 'u wan to die ar' look to them
                            power... i should try and develop the same look

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                            maybe i should start going around with a plastic bag and comb all the hawker centre during lunch hour....see tissue paper take tissue paper.....at the end of day....i can sell them for a profit and fund a new watch for myself.

lol.
                            or donate to the needy. Those uncle/aunty can give them and ask them to resell

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
                            i have never encountered tissue reservations, though it seems prevalent. but reality is how does one expect to consume food, if after queuing to purchase, and cant find a seat? there must be some aletrnative to this, rather then be pissed off with the current practice
                            I have to agree. Walking around with the noodles in your tray and walking around is annoying like hell. But we just wait around for empty tables, not reserving with tissue papers

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                            how about eating while standing up???hahaha...
                            japanese style!! power!
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

better system could be the Marche system, whereby there is a reserved sign on the table.
                              It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                              Alexander Pope

Comment

Bad habits I have encountered:

1. Yawning without covering mouth especially with bad breath.
                                2. Standing near e door at bus or MRT even there are spaces in e middle/rear. Refuse to move inside.
                                3. Hogging the bus/train seats with bags/stuffs.
                                4. Pretending to sleep/never see/SMSing/reading book when an elderly or pregnant lady needed seats.
                                5. Spitting on e floor instead of on e tissue paper.
                                6. No indication of signals when changing lane/turning.
                                7. Refusal to stop when standing near zebra crossing even though e driver seen you walking or about to walking.
                                8. Taxi drivers cutting lanes like nobody's business with no signal watsoever.
                                9. Cars stopping suddenly with no hazard light in front of e bus in bus lane.
                                10. Vehicles honk when elderly crossing road after green man over.
                                11. Stand and lean on e metal bar holder on e train.
                                12. Ppl refuse to go after done with food/drinks even though they see you looking for seats.
                                13. Aiming issue at e toilet.
                                14. Ppl standing right/ left on e escalator.
                                15. Students hearing music on loudspeaker on bus/trains.
                                "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X