This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGROC Charity Auction

Just noticed this new Forum section! Good initiative as there are many less fortunate than us and we need to be mindful to give back to society too...

I would love to do so but too lazy to run the errand. What I would suggest is that maybe SGROC can start the ball rolling by collecting items from our fellow brothers or sisters and then starts the bidding and donate under the name of this forum .. I am willing to donate some vouchers (maybe NTUC vouchers)

Comment

appreciate your feedback, however there are several area of concerns.

• logistics will be issue. (handing and taking over items - what if items are like paintings/furniture/etc)
      • different members may have different charity organizations in mind (conflicts of interests)
      • manpower issue.
      • other issues

to resolve this, SG-ROC recommends that each member donate a list of items subjected to approval. all proceeds from this member will be donated to the charity of member choice.

SG-ROC will consider to set a minimum amount of cost of items

keep the feedback coming in.

Originally posted by dtctan View Post
      I would love to do so but too lazy to run the errand. What I would suggest is that maybe SGROC can start the ball rolling by collecting items from our fellow brothers or sisters and then starts the bidding and donate under the name of this forum .. I am willing to donate some vouchers (maybe NTUC vouchers)
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

SG-ROC has organized several charity drives in the past.

the section was setup however, it was in cold storage.

recently a member has approached our administration to do a charity drive. as such, this section is re-open again.

items will be listed soon. looking forward to members' support.

thank you.

Originally posted by ainat View Post
        Just noticed this new Forum section! Good initiative as there are many less fortunate than us and we need to be mindful to give back to society too...
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          appreciate your feedback, however there are several area of concerns.

• logistics will be issue. (handing and taking over items - what if items are like paintings/furniture/etc)
          • different members may have different charity organizations in mind (conflicts of interests)
          • manpower issue.
          • other issues

to resolve this, SG-ROC recommends that each member donate a list of items subjected to approval. all proceeds from this member will be donated to the charity of member choice.

SG-ROC will consider to set a minimum amount of cost of items

keep the feedback coming in.

I got no particular charity organization in mind, up to SG-ROC to decide and do let me know how to proceed from here

Comment

Originally posted by Hiroki
            Me hope SG roc can help this: But I can see, Not all SG roc members, Like to do or to know charity: Organized is easy, To get members support, I don't think so is easy: I am sorry to say, Not all members like to do charity: Why very easy lost money bro: Don't angry, But this is what I see, So how to help, With minimum support: If any members,Can help this charity, By July outstanding: Vesy easy no manpower issue, No need to do outstanding errand, Just call or SMS that's all bro & sis: How outstanding easy right, But like I said lost money, Please lah help $10 only, If can give more than $10 oso good lah
            http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/107301...-Will-You-Help
            Didn't know you started that thread, but I do believe every dollar help. my humble suggestion ... let's do a charity drive for the upcoming SG-ROC anniversary, transfer fund to SG-ROC using the same method that members pay for the party.

Comment

some member will support x charity organization, like how Hiroki will want to support Singapore Children Society because of the bond he has. some member may want to support other organization of their choice.

SG-ROC is providing the platform for members to do their part for charity organization of their choice to prevent conflict of interest.

this will mean that for example you prefer to support X charity organization, you will come up with the items you want to raise funds. SG-ROC will then assist in organize it. the amount will be handed over the charity organization you set in your name/nominated name.

Originally posted by dtctan View Post
              I got no particular charity organization in mind, up to SG-ROC to decide and do let me know how to proceed from here
              Originally posted by Hiroki
              Me hope SG roc can help this: But I can see, Not all SG roc members, Like to do or to know charity: Organized is easy, To get members support, I don't think so is easy: I am sorry to say, Not all members like to do charity: Why very easy lost money bro: Don't angry, But this is what I see, So how to help, With minimum support: If any members,Can help this charity, By July outstanding: Vesy easy no manpower issue, No need to do outstanding errand, Just call or SMS that's all bro & sis: How outstanding easy right, But like I said lost money, Please lah help $10 only, If can give more than $10 oso good lah
              http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/107301...-Will-You-Help

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                some member will support x charity organization, like how Hiroki will want to support Singapore Children Society because of the bond he has. some member may want to support other organization of their choice.

SG-ROC is providing the platform for members to do their part for charity organization of their choice to prevent conflict of interest.

this will mean that for example you prefer to support X charity organization, you will come up with the items you want to raise funds. SG-ROC will then assist in organize it. the amount will be handed over the charity organization you set in your name/nominated name.
                Ok got it, let me see which organisation I wana the fund to go to and what are the item/s I can donate

Comment

refer to this FAQ

i just found one thread in garage selling for about 9000. the starting bid price is to be no more than 75% of market value.

this will mean the start price is 6750. will the seller accept?

why not let's wait for the first round of items to be launched first and we see how to help charity organization.

Originally posted by Rolex116613
                  Is it possible to donate only earnings?

Example,
                  Charity to : SG children society
                  Item for bidding : Full Set BNIB AN series Rolex 116610LN Dated May 2013
                  Price to start : $8000
                  Each call must be at least $100 and above.
                  Than if the winning bid is $9000.
                  $8000 will be given back to the seller while $1000 will be donated to charity.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

It has started and I can see that the items are of good value!

Comment

Example,
                      Lets be really honest, nobody knows the actual cost price but yourself. No offence.

I would prefer something when sold, all proceeds go to charitable organization to avoid any unnecessary questions from people. I think you can always sell your watch as per normal and maybe donate a certain sum of $ to the organization and go down to donate with the buyer. But yes I m open to suggestions

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Nolah, we shouldt do this because it will be misused. How to say?

We dont want this charity platform to be misused to profit the seller. Ppl will be generous when doing charity but this also secure the selling price the seller wants. So it's just not right lah

Example,

Comment

i agree with the idea of full sum going to charity,

buyer puts up an item for sale which full proceeds goes to charity. seller makes a donation of full amount and collects item with proof of donation.

This will proof that no monies are misused.

Although true that not everyone donating now but this will be good let the fortunate gain awareness that not all people are blessed enough to work hard by themselves to get by.
                          相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Just curious to see how many sellers are willing to offer to sell their BNIB watches @ 75% of market value to SG-ROC. I am interested to know how transparent the process it is going to be. Will SG-ROC need to to post the image of receipt of purchase price?

I have been looking at the threads where members are asking about authentication, will after winning the bid, the buyer request to go to RSC to authenticate? Many people don't see the work behind the scenes, I suggest we all take a step back and see the entire process before making suggestion.

I like to take this opportunity to applaud the staff of SG-ROC for setting up this category to allow us to contribute back to the society.

Actually was thinking roc staff to be the one purchasing these watches n sell them off as charity but the profit donate to charity.
                            Than use the money to purchase another watch. I believe ppl dont mind paying an extra $100-200 for charity.
                            But than, it might be too troublesome too.

Comment

I cannot agree more.

Originally posted by eastsider View Post
                              Nolah, we shouldt do this because it will be misused. How to say?

We dont want this charity platform to be misused to profit the seller. Ppl will be generous when doing charity but this also secure the selling price the seller wants. So it's just not right lah

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X