food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 116520 View Post

I don't have much experience in outside technicians for watches as I don't fix my watches often (till now no problem at all). I do fix my car outside but insist on original parts and normally they will show me the used boxes of the parts they used on my car....
    a box shows you nothing other than what should have been inside the box. let me share with you an incident with honda here in Oz.

I had request a 60k km service, involved comprehensive service, plus timing + some other belt change. the invoice indicated the change to the last cent, and i check thru the car, i notice somethings not service, so i question them back and to my dismay, they had not bother to change anything, except refill some fluid and charge me A$1200 for it.

My next phone call was to honda HQ and my car had to be redone all over again, this time, i check on the spot, and they finally rectify the problem

my point im trying to get across is that, a car is something that is relatively simple to work on (compared to a watch), whats to say that a dishonest technician is not going to do the same thing.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

actually the issues raised was not just 1 technician....but serial technicians all roll into one scenario.

what im trying to point out is that different people have different level of tolerance and expectations levels.

im not saying these technicians are not trustworthy, because one has to note something very peculiar about RSC. if original part A is only meant for model 1. then if this particular part A is used on model 2. the part A used is CONSIDERED after market as well. that is why i say do you TOTALLY trust RSC?

let me give u some examples - original dial is black color, u decided to the same original and spray it to green. you send in the watch to RSC. RSC says dial not original. u can argue what is not original...only paint is not nia mah.

hands meant for sub LV is used on traditional sub. you do the swap. violia. u got a hybrid. but RSC say not original also.

the bottom line is sometimes, dont know whose word to take it. but i know that if i send it to authorised service centre. anything wrong, i just go to them. but then again, are they using original parts or not, i also dont know. i dont know and dont have the courage to open the case back to check, let alone how to authenticate. i gues i have to take the word of authorised service centre.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      So the conclusion is that this technican cannot be trusted... btw who is this technican? Can pm me?
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

logical choice

Originally posted by louie View Post
        i can't imagine either..i guess i will just tell RSC change em' back whatever it's not original...
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Hmz

My take is, if your budget allows for it, go to the AD for whatever needed because it comes with the added peace of mind that you're dealing with a large organisation which is capable enough to fix any damage should there be any.

But if budget is a major concern and one ends up with a third party technician/workshop, the best thing you can do is to go to one which has good pressence with the industry and tend to prefer not to mess up their reputation.

Beyond that it's a personal preference.

Comment

You're right. The story is that it is not the parts they replaced for my car are not original. All parts are original but they didn't fix it well. After 7-8 months, the sound from my car's arms come back again! So I still have to send back to my car dealer to fix it....

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            a box shows you nothing other than what should have been inside the box. let me share with you an incident with honda here in Oz.

Comment

Is there no black-and-white from RSC on what's original/modified? Or at least some official information on what's considered what?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

it is written on the 'service card'. and cannot be brought out.

words in bold, can explain abit more. especially what's considered what

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Is there no black-and-white from RSC on what's original/modified? Or at least some official information on what's considered what?

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

I think OK means that...how to justify that a piece is 100% original.

I can have a black bezel fixed on a sub LV and the black bezel is a original Rolex bezel from my sub. I am right to say that it's 100% original. It is actually.

Here's what I think how Rolex will justify...

Firstly, all parts must first be original Rolex...

Secondly,all parts on the watch,must be available during the time the watch is made.

What I mean on this part is that...if Sub LV fitted with black bezel that's from the Sub...it's not available as one of the variations when they sell the Sub LV. Therefore it's not in a way "original" of a Sub LV. THey will force u to replace

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    it is written on the 'service card'. and cannot be brought out.

words in bold, can explain abit more. especially what's considered what
                    Missed this, sorry. I think Darkangel got my point. i.e. is there any official statement/document by ROLEX to spell out what is considered original and what is deemed "modified"? So in Darkangel's illustration of changing the green bezel of a Sub LV to that of an original black Sub bezel, does it tantamount to "modified"? Well, it's still a ROLEX part and personally I don't think it is modified. Unless of course, the black bezel is an oem/replica one.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

It is considered as modification in Rolex's eye....even though it's 100% original Rolex. It does not come with the watch originally...

Comment

o i c... ... ROLEX seems to be very strict with its products. So can I take your statement as official endorsement?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If Rolex pays me yeah you can

Comment

opps getting bored at work..so tot i just contribute

hope i am not interrupting.

For me, i think i will always go to the AD Service center for servicing unless of course the watch is cheap and servicing at the AD's cost a whole lot more. Eg, i recently sent my Cheapo Nike Lance 4 watch for a battery replacement at one of those shopping center watch shops....everything seemed fine...until i brought for a swim......water went in. Watch non repairable. To change battery at (Ah Seng) shop S$10....go to FJB S$16. Darn should have gone to FJB.

The thing is this, if not much savings...then i don't see the point. Well then again it depends on the value of the watch....if you consider servicing PATEK...4K at the AD vs 2K at non AD....watch is worth well over 40K....i think still go to AD is better. ..... If anything goes wrong i am sure u can count on the AD more, to get things fixed properly. But if you go to AH SENG shop....boss will try to say it's not his fault, especially when it's one of his workers who did the job....and there is a case of ....who should BOSS Trust....you or his worker?

As for MODIFIED ROLEX.....i think this is how it works. As long as the watch has been tampered with other then the ppl at rolex....i think that would be considered modified....It's the same with electronics or any other products....they always want you to come back to them for servicing....

Ok thats all for now......

Cheers...happy working

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Freak View Post
                              As for MODIFIED ROLEX.....i think this is how it works. As long as the watch has been tampered with other then the ppl at rolex....i think that would be considered modified....It's the same with electronics or any other products....they always want you to come back to them for servicing....

Ok thats all for now......

Cheers...happy working
                              Not exactly true...if the watch has been tampered by people that are not from RSC but use original parts...it's ok

Comment

oopps .... then i got it wrong.

thanks for clearing tat...

Ok so LV Submariner with Blue Face is ok for RSC?

Cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X