No announcement yet.

Funny - Watch trader here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" One mountain and got one mountain higher " next time take the buyer photo and if turn out to be another asshole scam just post his photo to alert others.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
      Sell an ORIS Williams watch... asked $500 ( very fair market price considering no box or papers ) last night.... then on meeting beats me down saying poor poor..... so trade at $470.

Now today I see same watch selling here for $799 !!!

HAHAHA..... smart huh !!
      Does this always happen here

Comment

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
        Had a recent similar experience selling a PAM 305L to a sly guy known as maek.mark here on sgroc.

Agreed on price of 7.8k after reduction from 8.2k, then on meet-up started to story-tell and wanted lower because of certain imperfections of the watch. So sold at 7.4k. Made me drive all the way to his place west to east somemore.

Then he puts it up for sale at 8+k with his thread stating "cheap"!
        Lots of opportunists around, well, end of the day if you are not happy to sell, don't.

If there's a big flaw, I would rather not buy it, especially when i have agreed on the price based on what's described. Some people just bargain for the sake of it, well to each his own. It's a free world, we are not pressured to buy/sell to anyone.

Cheers

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

That's y I have never sold any watches here although I have changed quite a few in the 2 years....

Reason simple.... When I want to sell, I dun need to entertain funny buyers.

And when I want to buy, what for I buy from sellers here when they asking price same as shop asking??? Save for Iannlim I must add, whom I had absolute pleasure buying from.... Twice.
          I'm in bad company........

Comment

Is there anything in the forum that can save guard or educate members to such happening? I find it quite sad that members can't fully enjoy what the forum can provide. I agreed that each members also have some responsibility to play but can we have a concerted effort to flag out these type of buyer and seller. Is there any guidelines to these? Can we create a thread to post their nicks and phone no.?

Comment

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
              Is there anything in the forum that can save guard or educate members to such happening? I find it quite sad that members can't fully enjoy what the forum can provide. I agreed that each members also have some responsibility to play but can we have a concerted effort to flag out these type of buyer and seller. Is there any guidelines to these? Can we create a thread to post their nicks and phone no.?
              I don't see what's the point of doing that. Not that the first seller was unhappy or was coerced to sell his watch anyways. It's a free market after all; deals are only transacted when a willing buyer meets a willing seller. I don't see anything wrong in buying low and selling high, since nothing illegal is involved. If you feel that the second seller is inflated the price, ask for a discount or don't buy at all. Simple. Don't really see what the fuss is all about....
              "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Originally posted by Tricolore View Post
                I don't see what's the point of doing that. Not that the first seller was unhappy or was coerced to sell his watch anyways. It's a free market after all; deals are only transacted when a willing buyer meets a willing seller. I don't see anything wrong in buying low and selling high, since nothing illegal is involved. If you feel that the second seller is inflated the price, ask for a discount or don't buy at all. Simple. Don't really see what the fuss is all about....
                I actually agree with Tricolore on this.

Unless the buyer uses some unethical tricks to pull down the price, but that is another different issue.
                Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Buying low and selling high is nothing wrong. But when u start using "poor/sad" stories to get low price that is wrong...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                    I actually agree with Tricolore on this.

Unless the buyer uses some unethical tricks to pull down the price, but that is another different issue.
                    Thanks Pegasi!

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                    Buying low and selling high is nothing wrong. But when u start using "poor/sad" stories to get low price that is wrong...
                    Erm, I believe that the first seller has the discretion whether to sell the watch if the other guy bargains.... He can choose not to sell if he feels that he is being offered a lower price. I'm sure all of us will not succumb to these "sob-sob" stories clouding our decision making skills...
                    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

OK, agreed "guide line" can be a fuss . How about a resource thread that members can update and refer to past experiences of members, Good and Bad? Because once awhile you will see such thread in the kopi-talk (eg. this shop no good, this ad no good, this sales person no good,...). Info is every where and hard to refer. My tot is that forum is a good resource to share info and whether it can expand on that and benefit all new and old.
                      (i hope I didn't intrude into the interest of the forum owner. If yes pls correct me and I apologise)

Comment

That's what i tot. But in truth it is not. You still read a lot of such stories in the news. Young or old, rich or poor, educated or not. They still fall prey to succumb bag with no conscience. So i don't thing can discount it not happening.

Thanks Pegasi!

Erm, I believe that the first seller has the discretion whether to sell the watch if the other guy bargains.... He can choose not to sell if he feels that he is being offered a lower price. I'm sure all of us will not succumb to these "sob-sob" stories clouding our decision making skills...

Comment

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                          That's what i tot. But in truth it is not. You still read a lot of such stories in the news. Young or old, rich or poor, educated or not. They still fall prey to succumb bag with no conscience. So i don't can discount it not happening.
                          No offense, but if that's the case can I spin a tale and hope that I can buy the watch at $1? I'll be 100% sure that no one would sell it to me. Bottomline is, if the deal is transacted, it is because both buyer and seller are ok with the price. Just like TS. If the TS thinks he is being undercharged, I'm sure he would not have sold the watch. But he realises the value of his watch is seemingly higher (in economics terms we call it imperfect knowledge) but he doesn't seems to be sour about it.... (or that is what I can infer, but my inferential skills may be bad since I am not an 'A' grade literature student...)

But I am glad this topic is brought up and all of us have different views towards issues like this. And this is why it makes Kopi Talk unique

Comment

No worries, no offence taken. If yes, i won't even bother to post . I just want to throw out a tot for us to consider whether we can pull our resources together to make this place better without certain painful experience thats all.
                            You should be glad that you got to study literature, me i didn't even get to smell it .

No offense, but if that's the case can I spin a tale and hope that I can buy the watch at $1? I'll be 100% sure that no one would sell it to me. Bottomline is, if the deal is transacted, it is because both buyer and seller are ok with the price. Just like TS. If the TS thinks he is being undercharged, I'm sure he would not have sold the watch. But he realises the value of his watch is seemingly higher (in economics terms we call it imperfect knowledge) but he doesn't seems to be sour about it.... (or that is what I can infer, but my inferential skills may be bad since I am not an 'A' grade literature student...)

But I am glad this topic is brought up and all of us have different views towards issues like this. And this is why it makes Kopi Talk unique

Comment

Sori, kids I dun really succumb to all this sob or poor man thing. TS already display some displeasure by posting and using different fonts and punction. Maybe u kena similar things so it ok for u but crook like this should be make known if not we got scanner corner for what?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                                Sori, kids I dun really succumb to all this sob or poor man thing. TS already display some displeasure by posting and using different fonts and punction. Maybe u kena similar things so it ok for u but crook like this should be make known if not we got scanner corner for what?
                                Huh, I don't really understand but I'll try infer what you are trying to convey. I don't think TS is showing displeasure, but from his diction and choice of smiley, what I can infer is that he is bemused by this entire episode, albeit the fact that he had undervalued his watch. (As mentioned, I am only scoring 'B' for my Literature, so please pardon if I can't infer properly...)

Also, if I recall correctly, we have a scam corner but I don't see TS posting the thread there. So in this context, this is not really a scam, but it is rather the problem of imperfect knowledge. That is why in economics, we learn that price mechanism (demand-supply theory) is unable to allocate resources efficiently. However, also in economics, we learn that once a deal is transacted, it is only because both buyer and seller has agreed on the price. Hope it clarifies.

And P.S. I am not defending anyone here. And I am not the dude who lowballed the TS. Hahaha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X