No announcement yet.

Audi vs BMW vs Mercedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voted for the Audi as well. I find MB and BMWs too common. Besides, I am also considering an A4.
    Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

MB 180: Detuned with lower power to fill in price gap. Don't bother.

BMW 320: Famous for their inline 6. So minimum to get would be 323. But then again, it's a detuned 325. So should get at least a 325.

Audi A4 1.8T: Very decent TFSI. With good mod potential (if required). Only issue is that its FWD. But we can't have everything, can we?

Test drove all 3 cars.

Most disappointing is 320. Driving balance is good, but the lack of power is so telling. MB 180 is ok...good comfort ride. But feel that the drive feels a little too light and inert. Audi 1.8T is probably, the best of both worlds. And more important, more power than the other 2 options.

So if I am to pick, I'll pick Audi.

But with the same money... why not try out the Volvo S40 T5? At stock, it'll whip all of the above.

OT a little... I saw Saturday ad for a WRX... 75k?!? That's damn cheap.
      The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Audi A4 for me!
        "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
          audi no resale value.......
          That's true too. but times like these resale value is almost near zil for most brands too. If you don't enjoy the car and sell it shortly, them whatever resale value also no use.

Comment

I love my Uncle looking YG watches along with uncle looking cars..

MB got my vote!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Actually I think the C class is not very uncle look. I owned two 3 series before (318is coupe and M3). I should say both cars are very nice to drive but both cars have given me many problems.... and not cheap to repair.... most of the problems are from the engine and also the bad interior fittings... even my dad's 7 series also has many problems (gear box, engine oil leak, etc) and he told me he will not buy BMW anymore....

As for Audi, no comment, my bro owned a TT before, but as you know Convertible car has its own problems....

Most of the MB cars have electrical problems... depends on your luck... but if you are buying new, no need to worry as these problems will surface in the first 3 years and if it happens, they fix for free... many bros here talk about power... aiya, I personally feel it depends on how you drive your car. If you are a slow driver, given a WRX also drive slow lah... in singapore where can you hit 160km/h++??

Comment

The new C class has a sporty look...but they removed the 3 point star sticking out....to a "built in" type. If I were to get the C class...I will pay abit more and get the 3 point star sticking out. More worth my money...haha

Comment

Where got car got resale value one....

Talking about resale value, if you don't want to lose too much, go and hunt for a 2nd hand car... I saw one MB C200 2nd hand Feb08 selling ard $100k..

audi no resale value.......

Comment

Darkie... 3 point star "built in" one are more expensive than the sticking out ones.... so you save more if you are getting the sticking out ones...
                    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    The new C class has a sporty look...but they removed the 3 point star sticking out....to a "built in" type. If I were to get the C class...I will pay abit more and get the 3 point star sticking out. More worth my money...haha

Comment

oh...but I think C&C only offers the built in 1 right?

Comment

no... they automatically "upgrade" you to AvantGarde Edition... I don't know why... if you want elegance edition for C class, I think can be arranged...

oh...but I think C&C only offers the built in 1 right?

Comment

oh i see...thanks for enlightening 116520!

Comment

No problem... but I heard C class are produced in South Africa now... as for 3 series are from Thailand.... is it true?
                            oh i see...thanks for enlightening 116520!

Comment

marseydi got taxi. so lau-kui la ... MAI!

bmdoubleu got many-many-many-many ... my many-many-many-many peng-yous drive bmdoubleu until tor-huay n most change cars after 1 yr +-

audi mia-sia buay pai.. ... HOOD AH!!
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Correct but not much... once used... at least 1/3 value gone...

if u compare the resale value of benz, bimmer, audi, volvo, etc. somehow, benz can fetch higher resale value as compared to other continental cars....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X