Audi vs BMW vs Mercedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi vs BMW vs Mercedes

Can't decide which to get! I want a yuppie new car. Which one u like?

Mercedes c180 - 128K : Free 2k petrol, rims upgraded to 18 inch, luxurious, really nice dashboard. But looks a bit uncle, drive is comfy but pickup is slow. The Rolex equivalent?

Bmw 320 - 110k : cheapest of 3. Nice aggressive look after facelift. Youthful. Good pickup and handling. But synthetic leather seats, nothing high tech / no frills, v common. Throws in a cheap garmin stuck to dashboard. The tag heuer?

Audi A4 - 120k : not so common, recent slew of awards. High tech, fastest. Feels value for money. But brand least prestigious. Dashboard too busy looking. The Panerai?
    Mercedes c180
    27.08%
    Bmw 320
    20.83%
    Audi A4
    52.08%
    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post

Mercedes c180 - 128K : Free 2k petrol, rims upgraded to 18 inch, luxurious, really nice dashboard. But looks a bit uncle, drive is comfy but pickup is slow. The Rolex equivalent?

Bmw 320 - 110k : cheapest of 3. Nice aggressive look after facelift. Youthful. Good pickup and handling. But synthetic leather seats, nothing high tech / no frills, v common. Throws in a cheap garmin stuck to dashboard. The tag heuer?

Audi A4 - 120k : not so common, recent slew of awards. High tech, fastest. Feels value for money. But brand least prestigious. Dashboard too busy looking. The Panerai?

Prefer BMW 320 to MB 180.

Comment

I prefer MB180....

Comment

luv Mers,but i drive ppl will think i driving my god-father's car...BM sporty,i LIKE! Esp if go with BIG rims,and low profile tyres!SWEET!!Oops,forgetton to vote..i will vote for BMW 320!Tell agent up the synthetic to leather for you lah!

Comment

type too fast..missed why i didn't vote for 1 and 3.

1.Mers - never go for C class esp 180 under power..no pickup.Mers i will go for kompressor E240!
          3.Audi - no offence to audi owners,personally i dun like the design of their brand logo..looks like "four coins" but nice interior though..

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
            type too fast..missed why i didn't vote for 1 and 3.

1.Mers - never go for C class esp 180 under power..no pickup.Mers i will go for kompressor E240!
            3.Audi - no offence to audi owners,personally i dun like the design of their brand logo..looks like "four coins" but nice interior though..
            the so call four coins is just reflecting the 4 early component companies that form the auto union.

go for either BMW or Audi. i have alays been a bmw fan, but audi is the way forward. i assume maintenace and running costs not a issue??
            It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
            Alexander Pope

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post

let me help you,

I owned both mercedes C200 and BMW 328 before, i personally don't like BMW, not reliable at all. Make me headache all the time.
              Well, i never own Audi, but my father in law did(Audi A6),he always complaint that this car too complicated, he still prefer his old A6 1998.

Buy mercedes is good choice, but not smart choice!

Comment

My 2 cents, considering between the three few mths back , except for BMW i consider the 523 , never like the 3 series since it launch , C class , nice car comfort , not that slow IMHO , C200 produce 184 BHP so can't be that slow lah, like the brand !
                Bmw 3 series , will go for min: in line 6 , thats what the BMW is famous for .
                Audi , everything is just nice , power , looks and finishing . But like what you mention least prestigious , also worried about resale value.
                So my choice will still be the C class , but will go for the C 230 V6 engine with 7 speed + pano roof (optional)!
                Me used to drive a E200 Kompressor , find that the Kompressor is abit too noisy for me when it kicks in , also read from US website that the Kompressor only had a lifespan of 7 years, dunno true or not .

BTW mercedes no longer produce E240 , instead its replace by the E230,previous E240 is using NA V6 engine , not a Kompressor engine .
                You may want to wait for the new E class , launching 3rd to 4th quater this year , it should be a car worth waiting for , but may become too common in spore . But who cares ? Many owns a car , but only the few previlege one get to own a 3 pointed Star !
                Focal JM_Labs .
                "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                Cartier Santos 100XL
                Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

i though E240 its kompressor..my bad. Never owned any of them..

Comment

Audi for me. But it's over priced for now.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                    - GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

If buying now, might as well get the most updated which is the A4. The BMW 3-series is kind of "facelifted" and not that much different from the previous generation. The Merc doesn't really offer very much in terms of specs.

Also to echo the rest, if buy BMW, go for the inline 6 which is their signature engine.

If can wait, the new E-class coming out should be interesting. If really want the prestige & brand recognition, can't go wrong with a Merc.

Pity the brand recognition is not there, which is why its not in your list, but the Volvo is a darned good car.

Comment

you have to ask yourself what you are looking for? Do you plan to sell (local or export) the car within 3-5yrs? Or do you want to use until its times up?

If exporting or selling early, you will want to consider merc, however remember that they are plenty of mercs around, so your final selling price will have alot of competition. If exporting, consider your export market.

If you are using the car until its time to scrap, then you will obviously buy the one that you like.

My personal opinion, the Audi A4 is a nice car, if finances allow, the A6 is a much better choice. My experience with Audi is the A3 .

The Merc c180, I find underspecced and underpower. Def not the type of car that you will want to take to the N-S Highway.
                        The BMW is nice, but honestly, in terms of specs, its worse than c180, but from my observation, the pickup is nicer. However be warned service is very expensive.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Personal opinion, Having driven BM and Merc, I would go for the A4 purely for its distintive branding compared to the market flooded BMs and Mercs. Comfort factor still there for a nice driving experience.

If want more power, go for the WRX STI which is priced at a steal now. Definately a head (and ear) turner.

Basically depends on what type of image you want to exhibit to the environment.

Have you considered the new CLK?
                          My humble keepsakes:
                          1) Submariner 14060
                          2) Submariner 14060M
                          3) Sea Dweller 16600
                          4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
                          5) Azimuth JagdBomber
                          6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
                          7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
                          8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
                          9) Panerai Black Seal
                          10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
                          11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

I prefer Audi A4 over the other 2 for now but the current 1.8T version is CVT drivetrain if i am not wrong. But i heard the 2.0T with DSG is coming.

MB holds value better than Audi but a little boring looking.

BMW 320i like what the rest said, it's the best value for money (selling price versus high OMV) but the engine is not a in-line 6.

Ultimately, get the car that speaks to you. Likely you need to keep it for a few years.

Comment

Go for Audi. I drive an A3 and love it. If you can wait, then wait for the new A4 with DSG insted of the current CVT gearbox. My DSG is fun to drive.

MB....no power.

BM...nice handling but interior not up to std.

Audi....power, handling and design all well balanced.

Prestige? I don't need that....low profile better.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X