Hi watch Lover

Need your advise on why the skin of the watch box peel off ??? :bangwall:

Anyone can advise me ??

i keep my watch box in my cupboard

Comment

Keeping in a dry cabinet might help
      elusive

Comment

most low to mid-tier watches eg omega, breitling, iwc, B&R use cheap synthetic leather and cardboard for their presentation box
        the synthetic leather peels easily when stored in the humid conditions of singapore climate

one way to slow down the deterioration is to keep the box in a drybox
        a cheaper solution is to seal the box in ziplock bag with silica gel pack

another way is to apply a thin coat of mink oil on the synthetic leather to prevent moisture from penetrating

higher tier brands eg panerai, PP, AP, rolex doesnt have this peel problem for their boxes, probably due to better material used (eg solid wood, genuine leather)

Comment

Thank for the advise ; )

Comment

I do know about other people but this has happened to me, My Rolex box i kept in my wardrobe, It become sticky after sometime about 6 month i think, Now i leave it outside open air at my display rek, Now become better some more looks nice, like Display set hehe. Try lah THE END

Comment

It's a norm, there's no way to save it but I rather keep it in the open than to dump it in the cupboard. If your drybox has space, you could always put it in there.

But this box confirm no hope le.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I tend to use mink oil to wipe down anything leather-clad. you can try that. easily available at isetan shoe section for ard $17-19

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X