Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tv repair contacts to intro?

Yo

Just wondering if u guys got good tv repair contcts to intro?

My 2.5 yr LG led tv suddenly 'pops' while watching halfway (wasnt in the process of switching channel or pressed any button).

I know tvs r not that expensive out there now but will prefer to repair if repair cost is not that expensive.

Thx

Think is better to get a new TV than repairing, otherwise you can call LG service center to get a quote

Comment

as suggested, call LG service centre for assistance on a quote.

however, based on past experience. the repair cost is like more than half the cost of your tv.

as such, it is better to get a new set with warranty

Originally posted by eastsider View Post
      Yo

My 2.5 yr LG led tv suddenly 'pops' while watching halfway (wasnt in the process of switching channel or pressed any button).

I know tvs r not that expensive out there now but will prefer to repair if repair cost is not that expensive.

Thx
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        as suggested, call LG service centre for assistance on a quote.

however, based on past experience. the repair cost is like more than half the cost of your tv.

as such, it is better to get a new set with warranty
        I don't even know what went wrong leh. Just watch halfway then suddenly hear the sound 'pops' and the tv off and can never be switch on again. Maybe something exploded inside? funny thing is nobody at home made any changes at that time (nobody switch on another electronic item or anything).

Ok, if buy a new set. I saw got some display set with warranty for sale at attractive price. Any of u guys have experience dealing with display set? New set selling with 3 year warranty and the display set also 3 year warranty leh, like too good to be true

Comment

If you are not in a hurry to get a new TV set, u can wait for Gain City fair at Sgp Expo they got pretty good deal during thier fair should be soon liao

Comment

Yo

Thx
            Not to late all LCD LED TV come with 3 years warranty call LG. Gonjeng!!

Comment

with LCD and LED TV, there is a lifespan for the tube. i would not take a display set because the display tube lifespan has been shorten due to constant showing in the shop. that is why the prices for display set is usually lower.

if something ''pop'' it is likely something blew even though no one on any electrical appliance or whatever, it can just ''pop''

why not call brand of tv tomorrow and seek their assistance then take it from there.

I don't even know what went wrong leh. Just watch halfway then suddenly hear the sound 'pops' and the tv off and can never be switch on again. Maybe something exploded inside? funny thing is nobody at home made any changes at that time (nobody switch on another electronic item or anything).

Ok, if buy a new set. I saw got some display set with warranty for sale at attractive price. Any of u guys have experience dealing with display set? New set selling with 3 year warranty and the display set also 3 year warranty leh, like too good to be true
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

TS, from your description, a great possibility is the PSU in the TV. I used to repair TVs before (30yrs ago) but that was when its a CRT (cathode ray tube)

Looks like your led tv up-lorry liaozzz! Sorry to hear about that. If you manage to get it repaired, do update this thread bro.

cheers!
                Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                • Montre de MarQue
                • Etoile D'Or
                • Hotel Indonesia
                • Glory Time
                • The Watch-Collector
                • Time Palace
                • The Swiss Connection
                • M Baker
                • Maurice Lacroix
                • Time Marques
                • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

If tv is wall mounted on brackets, when change tv can use back the same if buy the same size?
                  Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

I use the tv in my room more than the 1 in living room and both are not display set. Really duno y it pops

I will try to get it repair if the cost is not much lah but i have 0 contact so far leh

Wal bracket i believe different brand will purposely have different design to prevent u from mix matchig i think
                    Anyway new tv will give out free wall mounting services with bracket wat

Comment

I use the tv in my room more than the 1 in living room and both are not display set. Really duno y it pops

I will try to get it repair if the cost is not much lah but i have 0 contact so far leh

Wal bracket i believe different brand will purposely have different design to prevent u from mix matchig i think
                      Send back to LG Not to late all LCD LED TV come with 3 years warranty:

Comment

Try Mr Ho @ 62524555
                        Passion for Perfection

Comment

Perhaps, try getting a quote from suggested contact given by eeee78.

FYI, wall brackets are universal - their holes are positioned 100mm x 100mm.

Good Luck!
                          Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                          • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                          • Montre de MarQue
                          • Etoile D'Or
                          • Hotel Indonesia
                          • Glory Time
                          • The Watch-Collector
                          • Time Palace
                          • The Swiss Connection
                          • M Baker
                          • Maurice Lacroix
                          • Time Marques
                          • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X