Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourby watch

Hi folks,

Just curious if anyone has ever dealt with this company before? They offer personalization of watches and most of the watches are using the Unita 6497 and 6498 movement. Any thoughts?

http://www.de-timekeeper.com/about

more importantly u need to ask the questions, are these swiss made movements or otherwise.

some of the design looks like it has been modified from other leading brands.

price is about 1k for basic unitas with no brand name. to me might as well get a breitling watch.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Yeah I saw some look-alikes...

And price is not cheap...

Might as well get a MM hehee...$200 only

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        more importantly u need to ask the questions, are these swiss made movements or otherwise.

some of the design looks like it has been modified from other leading brands.

price is about 1k for basic unitas with no brand name. to me might as well get a breitling watch.
        In the German website, they claim that they only use Swiss made Unita movements. And yes, i agree that some designs look very familiar (i.e. the use of breguet hands and dials etc).

I am more interested in their skeletonized movement /engraved movement (modified) than the base movement. And surprisingly, i prefer the watch comes with no brand on the dial. I guess it's just a personal preference

Thanks for sharing bro.

Comment

the most important word is claimed. i have come across some unitas movement that is actually china made which is so closed to the swiss/jap made ones. if it is china hor, then no point paying so much.

not just breguet. even another german brand's models also have.

yes. i understand where u coming from especially for those front and back see thru case. i got 1 myself. but cost me under S$500.

Originally posted by PeeCeeBee View Post
          In the German website, they claim that they only use Swiss made Unita movements. And yes, i agree that some designs look very familiar (i.e. the use of breguet hands and dials etc).

I am more interested in their skeletonized movement /engraved movement (modified) than the base movement. And surprisingly, i prefer the watch comes with no brand on the dial. I guess it's just a personal preference

Thanks for sharing bro.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            the most important word is claimed. i have come across some unitas movement that is actually china made which is so closed to the swiss/jap made ones. if it is china hor, then no point paying so much.

not just breguet. even another german brand's models also have.

yes. i understand where u coming from especially for those front and back see thru case. i got 1 myself. but cost me under S$500.
            China can really do wonders haha. But one question, if the movement is China made, can they still engraved Swiss made or 6497 kind of words on the plate?

Btw, where you got your skeleton watch that cost less than $500? Mind sharing the info?

Comment

technically not allowed to have those words engraved on the plate. but then again, cavet emptor.

check with people like reach10, chriswatch, ebay,.......

Originally posted by PeeCeeBee View Post
              China can really do wonders haha. But one question, if the movement is China made, can they still engraved Swiss made or 6497 kind of words on the plate?

Btw, where you got your skeleton watch that cost less than $500? Mind sharing the info?

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

Bro PeeCeeBee

as far as I know, Tourby uses Swiss Unitas. He contributes quite a lot in some major German forums and being seen as watch movement expert by the German speaking watch community, especially for Unitas 6497/8

http://tourbywatches.com/shop/page/1...FS&shop_param=

At the moment he has a project using beautiful Hamilton pocket watch movement

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=224230

If you like skeletonized watches, you may consider Steinhart. Remember if you order from Steinhart/Tourby, you could ask for nett prices without paying 19% German VAT

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index...D=12&lang_nr=0
                [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

I agree with bro Triton, there are a lot of "Germanisian" watch brands out there, who use Chinese made movement (copy of Unitas, Valjoux, ETAs, Seagull) and claim high price with their sophisticated German names. Some they even re-sale Seagull watches and put their own logo on the dial without modifying Seagull design at all.
                  [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                  [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                  [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                  [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                  [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                  [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                    Bro PeeCeeBee

as far as I know, Tourby uses Swiss Unitas. He contributes quite a lot in some major German forums and being seen as watch movement expert by the German speaking watch community, especially for Unitas 6497/8

http://tourbywatches.com/shop/page/1...FS&shop_param=

At the moment he has a project using beautiful Hamilton pocket watch movement

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=224230

If you like skeletonized watches, you may consider Steinhart. Remember if you order from Steinhart/Tourby, you could ask for nett prices without paying 19% German VAT

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index...D=12&lang_nr=0
                    Hey Hary, thanks for the great information. I will check it the links for more understanding.

Comment

hi, alex

as hary said, you may want to consider steinhart

i have bought a watch fr them b4, the owner, a mr gunter is a nice chap
                      "The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...
                      the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind.
                      If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." ALBERT EINSTEIN (1879-1955)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X