VW new car purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW new car purchase

Just checking, anyone just ordered a new VW car?
    Wat freebies did they gave.

skip all 7speed gearbox . u regret big time.
    buy a watch u like & please wear it......

Comment

Bo pian Liao.
      Alrdy sold off my car.

Comment

I heard volkswagen gearbox has problems. Don't know how true this is.

Comment

Just go to vagsg. All your answers are there.

Comment

u haven sign? than skip lah. or stick to 6 speed.
            buy a watch u like & please wear it......

Comment

Yup they have big problem with the 7 speed gearbox .. My friend car don't know went in how many times liao

Comment

Yah, avoid the 7 speed like the plague. I had one for a year though. Was very lucky then my friends change gear MU at least 3 times. Booking for a servicing takes forever too. They are overwhelmed......my 2 cents

Comment

Salesman told me 2013 production models are using diff parts than 2011 models.
                  Nw awaiting shipment to arrive..
                  Hope it's Gona be diff then 2011 models.
                  Any freebies that were given by your Sales?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrenzy33 View Post
                    Just checking, anyone just ordered a new VW car?
                    Wat freebies did they gave.
                    They offer the following absolutely free!

1) free flow of no big deal coffee and lousy nespresso coffee.
                    2) free wifi at their facility.
                    3) free walking time bomb - the flash of death will come without warning ( the infamous 7-speed transmission).
                    4) unlimited blood boiling experience dealing with most of the service staff and management.
                    5) an opportunity to familiarize yourself with the staff and the vcs facilities with countless visits to vcs.
                    6) free heart attacks through the faults you will experience from the car and through dealing with vcs staff.
                    7) free long wait till your coming service booking ( at least 1 1/2 to 2 months).
                    8) a car to bring home for test drives ( if you are really, really lucky).
                    9) a Very Worrisome total ownership experience you will never ever forget.
                    10) free visits to the vcs workshop time and again.

All the best to your foray into our world. Won't be in the same club as you for long cos I have had enuf if their freebies. Decided to move on.
                    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post

3) free walking time bomb - the flash of death will come without warning ( the infamous 7-speed transmission).
                      4) unlimited blood boiling experience dealing with most of the service staff and management.
                      5) an opportunity to familiarize yourself with the staff and the vcs facilities with countless visits to vcs.
                      6) free heart attacks through the faults you will experience from the car and through dealing with vcs staff.
                      7) free long wait till your coming service booking ( at least 1 1/2 to 2 months).

All the best to your foray into our world. Won't be in the same club as you for long cos I have had enuf if their freebies. Decided to move on.
                      That was absolutely hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post

... I have two colleagues who own and drive a scirocco and golf (less than a year old) each. Similar problems I heard and one of them had changed the whole gearbox. Thankfully, it was within warranty and done free.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

One of my last rants on one of the threads on vagsg recently.

"After much consideration, I thought should share this.

When my golf was recently towed into vcs, I met up with my sales guy at the Volks cafe. The guy that sold me the golf.

He asked what I was in here for. I told him about the mu failure. And told himmthat I've decided on getting an x1.

His immediate response ticked me off.

"bro, why waste your money. Check out our tiguan. It's cheaper, bigger and better. No gearbox issues like your golf cos it's using a wet clutch. The x1 sucks la!" said he.

I had a rather long reply.

I said with my best impersonation of a car salesman's smile, " bro, don't butt in but lemme finish my spiel before you say anything else.
                          1) I have two friends driving the tiguan. The thought of having to come back for free coffee and engine oil top up is a bit of a hassle. Yes both tiguans experienced the same issue. Low engine oil pressure warning rather frequently.
                          2) one of the tiguan owners had the pleasure of testing out your courtesy passat for more than a week cos his tiguan was warded at vcs for steering problems mere months of collecting his spanking new tiguan from your impressive delivery room.
                          3) as for myself, I'm getting bored of the free coffee at vcs. And as you well know by now, I've visited vcs more than 20 times inn the past 3 years. And each of those time, I made sure you know I was here. So that you know I am not kidding when I tell u how many times I've been here.
                          4) I like the drive of the x1 more than the tiguan's. The wheelbase alone, x1 is longer.
                          5) and lastly, and most importantly, bro, if you want me to regard you as a friend rather than just another car sales man, kill the bull**** with me before I raise my voice and run through the number of issues I've experienced with my golf and the parts that have been replaced to date and scare off these prospective vw owners here at the cafe.
                          6) and you do not have to apologize for the faults I have been experiencing in my car every single time we meet cos you didn't build the car."

With that he still insisted on a last " sorry bro." and that sales man demeanor was replaced by a more relaxed facility expression.

To be totally honest, my SA has been a lot more frank and up front with me. And I've never shouted at this SA before. He's just good at his job. There were times he pre-emptied the problems I might face and requested for the parts to be shipped in and called me as soon as those parts are in.

Um not an SA with vw but I reckon it's important that web understand the sa's are like hamburger patties, clamped from both sides. Their management doesn't give a damn but they have to put up with customers' frustrations. Show somemsympathy for those SA that deserve it."

http://vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81359&page=10

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            ... I have two colleagues who own and drive a scirocco and golf (less than a year old) each. Similar problems I heard and one of them had changed the whole gearbox. Thankfully, it was within warranty and done free.
                            I've changed my clutch 2 times. I'm running on the 3rd set of clutch before the mu finally gave in last week.

Comment

Yeah,different chassis, differently tuned engine to up the bhp from 122 to 150bhp.

It's essentially the same engine, same gearbox, same dry clutch same old problem will surface. Not intending to curse you but just you watch. Like I mentioned, it's part of the ownership experience. There are rumours that there could be a recall in sg, following that massive recall of more than 300,000 vw's in china.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X