Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saf MR watch ( Swiss military )

Hi guys

I have just MR today, however I did not receive my watch. I was looking forward to it.
    There is around 100 plus personal who MR today however only around 20 plus people got the watch.

When I question my S1 his reply was there is certain terms which we need to fufill and one of them was IPPT.

I was taken aback and surprised by the answer given and have written to MINDEF on this issue. As I thought all MR soldiers should be entitle to the watch.

Can anyone advise on this ???

ya lo .. you have my support!!

no ippt but also served our As# off wat

Comment

Oh me too, I didn't received that stupid watch too but who care .. I just wana get out of the Army

Comment

there are some criteria to fulfill, apart from clearing the 7high and 10yr cycle, in order to receive the watch
        these include good performance and no bad record - eg being charged

Comment

Well but I still feel they should give the watch to MR personal.
          I have also received my good service medal last ICT, if my performance to not to par why would they give me the medal???

Comment

Originally posted by chris9 View Post
            ...Can anyone advise on this ???
            This kind of cockup happened to my unit before...
            There're roughly about 15% of the whole regiment did not receive their watches. So they waited... all the way until 3 months later, i heard till the last person to receive their letter of collection notice, then proceed to SAFRAs to collect their watch.
            Those 85% including me that got their watches earlier, were given the Victorinox Calvary with plastic strap... those 15%, got theirs with the Hamilton Field watch... much better than the 85%... duh...

Comment

I still got some way to go. Haha

Comment

Hope they give me the watch after I fufill my duty.

Comment

if you really want it.... cash converter is selling... only $180 i think, somebody sold theirs... with the rank name and nric still engraved behind... lols

Comment

the engravings can be polished off at a small fee
                    if i were to ever sell my MR watch, i wont want my name/nric to be in circulation

Originally posted by flykite View Post
                    if you really want it.... cash converter is selling... only $180 i think, somebody sold theirs... with the rank name and nric still engraved behind... lols

Comment

I also don't know why , but I really receive my good service medal only during the last ICT.

Comment

During the MR ceremony,those soldiers which receive the watch also receive the good service medal. Since you have mention that the good service medal is for 5 years of service then I really think its a real C**k up by saf.

Comment

That means they still owe me one more long service medal!!!
                          Really screw up man...

Comment

Trust me u are not missing out anything. I think I threw the watch away. The make and finishing is so terrible. Quartz. An embarrassment to the horological industry

Comment

I just received a call from a SAF DXO, she told me that I am entitle to the watch and medal.
                              But told me to wait for 2 months. She even allow me to pass her personal mobile number to my friends to check on the status of the watch and medal.
                              A really professional service which I really appreciate.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X